TLOU 2 spoilers galore and also Ghost of Tsushima delayed

1 minute ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

Do some women have a chest of that size naturally? Yes, but not with a body that is otherwise very petite.

I could post plenty of pictures to refute that but I’d get banned so I won’t ?

Just now, BloodyRutz said:

If the issue is that it's not continuation of original game, that is something I don't want. For me the game ended perfectly. If that's not the case, I still need to leave this thread since I didn't know this and I don't want to spoil the rest. I'm sorry I'm out like this.

It is a continuation of the first game and people are angry as to what actually happens ruins the story. I’ll leave it at that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Since you're starting to slowly spoiling it for me, I'm leaving this thread. Also I don't want the continuation of the last game. The game ended perfectly.

Don't see how I'm slowly spoiling it. I didn't mention plot detsils, other than a forced agenda. Besides, it's saving you 60 dollars. Your money, your loss. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Titan said:

Don't see how I'm slowly spoiling it. I didn't mention plot detsils, other than a forced agenda. Besides, it's saving you 60 dollars. Your money, your loss. 

I'm sorry, I guess I'm being overly careful.

3 hours ago, The Titan said:

The game already got fucking leaked. Why do you think theres so many people pissed off. People don't want this "sequel" they want a continuation of the last game. Not a forced agenda. Which from the leaks is what it looks like.

3 hours ago, Gladiator995 said:

It is a continuation of the first game and people are angry as to what actually happens ruins the story. I’ll leave it at that.

Let me rephrase myself. I'm obviously fully aware that the game got fucking leaked. But I can't really formulate my own opinion on the game the story without seeing the spoilers, can I? Hence I was saying the game is not out yet.

Also, the reason I mentioned in my post that what can be an issue for one person, does not need to be an issue for somebody else is that I don't really expect the continuation of the story. I mean, I never thought about it. I wouldn't mind but if they come up with a different story I'm good with it. For me personally, the story of the previous game ended and it cannot really be ruined. The worst-case scenario is that I will not like the story of the sequel.

Also, regarding the sheep reference. Again, without spoiling the story I cannot really do proper "research". I liked the first game, I liked the official footage shown so far and I liked the rest of the Naughty Dog's games I've played so far. These are the reasons for me to buy it. And if I take your word and will not buy a game because of it, I don't see how it is different from being sheep.

Edited by BloodyRutz

Agendas will always be pushed in various media. Here it is no exception. As a straight Caucasian male I love female protagonists in various media (Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII will ALWAYS be among my favorite video game characters ever and I love Ashoka Tano from The Clone Wars) and enjoy making female characters in games where character customization is available (examples being GTA 5, Fallout New Vegas, and Skyrim). However, I must say the execution of the story points for The Last of Us 2 (from what was spoiled, and again no spoilers from me) are terrible. The unfortunate reality about this argument is that it will forever be a stalemate until the side that has not seen the spoilers finally sees the narrative and forms their opinion. After that, the only three options I see happening for that person is 1.) they join the side that is against the story elements and admit the people they have been arguing with the whole time were correct, 2.) they actually enjoy the game for what it is and can effectively explain their reasoning as to why they liked certain elements, or 3.) regardless of whether they actually enjoy what they experienced or not, still try to defend the decisions made at Naughty Dog mindlessly because anyone can be a Stan to anything. Overall, I hope everyone who buys the game and/or sees the final product enjoys the game, because that is what it comes down to at the end of the day: is the final product worth it? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, talespagni said:

He talks about diversity, understanding, respect and so on, but the moment he feels people doesn't agree with him, he turns on the "it's either us or them" card.

There's an old Lênin quote who goes something like, "accuse them of what you do, call them of what you are".

PS: dear moderator, once again, do not delete my posts by saying I'm going off topic. One with a basic reading comprehension would understand the point I'm trying to make by linking one issue to the other here.

I just love how you hit the nail right on the spot. 

9 hours ago, panikooooos said:

Druckmann posted this as an instagram story 14 hours ago ? Anyone else getting Battlefield V vibes? "Don't buy our games bigots" *sales tank* ?

Reveal hidden contents

94906546_246338383086122_7474405430118792793_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=cinfGKuncaUAX9E0_xR&oh=6a254b26cf5384889655cd9a3d19a045&oe=5EABD00F&ig_cache_key=MjI5NzUxMDU4NTc1MzAzOTcyOQ%3D%3D.2

He deleted the post. He used diversity ppl as his shield as usual. This left vs right mentality is so tiring, it feeds and maintain itself so both sides can be rotating in power. I h8 this. I h8 ppl can't see thru this shiz. He is doing this for shock value and he is feeding into the outrage. And as I am one person in one of those grups that he is using as a shield I always worry and ponder if extreme atitudes like this will have a negative impact on the true diversity in games.

A game plot comparing below, i put in spoiler because my comparison is kinda a spoiler without context:

Spoiler

Long ago I was very invested in Metal Gear Solid and I was one of the ppl that got upset  to play as Raiden in MGS2. I remember that I wanted to play as a Beautiful 3D PS2 Solid Snake Model (not that horrible lego squared ps1 model) and when I got how small tanker chapter was I was very #upset (lol). I was a crazy Solid Snake fan. IF Kojima had made us kill Solid Snake while Raiden in plant chapter I would probably be insanely mad, no kidding. I don't think Abby as a character has enough backstory and plot behind her to sustainely make the player don't get offended to use her to kill the main characters. Just as Raiden didn't have. They are too new characters, it needs time. Shifts like this in story need to be very carefully constructed. More like MG4 when we fight Ocelot in the end... I kinda liked him and didn't want him to die. But it took 4 games to build that vibe, and he is a villain..

• Like 3

I don't mind spoilers but I completely understand why others hate them.  That being said, what ND did with this games (based on the leaks) is not good.  I realize this is simply my opinion, but this is one of those rare cases when the game getting leaked did most of the US gaming community a favor.  ND will alienate the overwhelming majority of Americans.  Here are a few facts to consider, based on multiple, credible sources - https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045218 - https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/ - https://countrymeters.info/en/United_States_of_America_(USA)#population_2019 - (obviously these are only USA statistics):

Race: 76.5% White

Religion: 78.3% Christian

For those who have seen the spoilers, you know why these statistics are important.

Edited by khaki_pants
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Some people have not spoiled the game by reading the leaks and want to experience the game as a whole and not snippets from the leak. So the vast majority of people who buy this is old enough to dont give a shit about internet bandwagoners and make up their own mind.

So I keep getting told yet it clearly bothers a few people here that I’ve pointed out the issues with the game as well as what many others have. You want to buy the game anyway, good for you, have a little pat on the head.

• Like 4

Just now, Gladiator995 said:

So you didn’t read the spoilers and therefore have no idea what everyone is getting angry about, no pat for you silly boy! Walking up a mountain is very different to the main plot points of the story being leaked. The best part which you liked about the original is about to be disrupted in the worst possible way I’m afraid 1f627.png 

If that's true i'll probably be dissapointed but still i'd like to discover that myself. As i said the game might suck. I never thought it could live up to the first game since Ellie is now older and probably doesn't have that father/daughter relationship with Joel anymore. But i won't be outraged before i know it all. I also know that alot of genuine fans of the first are dissapointed after reading the leaks so that is always a bad sign. Still I'll make my opinion after July 16th. 

If the game sucks i'll just sell it to a friend for 40 bucks as i usually do with games i dont like, meaning i'll only pay 20 for it. Not the end of the world.

• Like 1

Just now, Quink666 said:

If that's true i'll probably be dissapointed but still i'd like to discover that myself. As i said the game might suck. I never thought it could live up to the first game since Ellie is now older and probably doesn't have that father/daughter relationship with Joel anymore. But i won't be outraged before i know it all. I also know that alot of genuine fans of the first are dissapointed after reading the leaks so that is always a bad sign. Still I'll make my opinion after July 16th. 

If the game sucks i'll just sell it to a friend for 40 bucks as i usually do with games i dont like, meaning i'll only pay 20 for it. Not the end of the world.

But if you actually looked into the topic instead of turning a blind eye to the outrage from fans, you’d see why the anger is there. The spoilers that have been released have completely put off fans from playing it due to what actually happens. I didn’t enjoy the first game but was tempted to buy the second anyway to see how it plays out but fortunately this situation has stopped me from giving my money to a studio that clearly doesn’t deserve it. At the end of the day, the sales figures will determine the outcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladiator995 said:

So you didn’t read the spoilers and therefore have no idea what everyone is getting angry about, no pat for you silly boy! Walking up a mountain is very different to the main plot points of the story being leaked. The best part which you liked about the original is about to be disrupted in the worst possible way I’m afraid 1f627.png And there was nothing to read, it was all videos which I assumed you would know if you actually knew what was going on.

e7a.jpg

52 minutes ago, Gladiator995 said:

But if you actually looked into the topic instead of turning a blind eye to the outrage from fans, you’d see why the anger is there. The spoilers that have been released have completely put off fans from playing it due to what actually happens. I didn’t enjoy the first game but was tempted to buy the second anyway to see how it plays out but fortunately this situation has stopped me from giving my money to a studio that clearly doesn’t deserve it. At the end of the day, the sales figures will determine the outcome.

Again, putting it like being so-called informed customer equals to spoil the game for yourself and everybody else dare to buy the game and formulate their own opinion is a sheep. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Again, putting it like being so-called informed customer equals to spoil the game for yourself and everybody else dare to buy the game and formulate their own opinion is a sheep. 

I haven’t once said what the spoilers are specifically, seems to me like you’re clinging for straws. Again I’m not stopping you from buying the game, I’m calling people a sheep when they dismiss people’s concerns as being ignorant and wrong.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gladiator995 said:

I haven’t once said what the spoilers are specifically, seems to me like you’re clinging for straws. Again I’m not stopping you from buying the game, I’m calling people a sheep when they dismiss people’s concerns as being ignorant and wrong.

Putting it like this, makes sense and I agree.

Edited by BloodyRutz

So I’d like to give my thoughts on this game (which I have not played, admittedly; moreso giving thoughts on the confirmed leaks) and the entertainment institute nowadays as a whole.

My industry that I make a living from is business.  The more involved you are with the art of business, you realize that you’re really becoming a disciple in the art of psychology...understanding people.’s behavior to be able to make a more precise business decision.  Some good business decisions (understanding what people want) were a he many iterations of Street Fighter 2, Nintendo with their closed/niche gaming ecosystem, and Microsoft with their Windows platform.  Each of those scenarios saw a small light develop (by accident, usually) and the owners/creators asked themselves ‘what about this success has the people enamored with our product/service?  Because we need to keep giving them MORE OF THAT.’

Examples of the bed being wet is Disney’s take on the Star Wars franchise, Microsoft in the home gaming console (they’ve never came in 2nd place in 3 generations of home consoles), and now I’m (prematurely) adding...TLOU 2.  What do those 3 have in common, you ask?  Having success in a certain field, giving the aura of ‘I know what I’m doing, because I’m successful in life!’, and with that head of steam, they don’t PROPERLY gauge/respect their audience on what *THEY* want.  Who are *THEY*?  The masses, and not the vocal few.  Your true demographic of consumers.  The people who will watch a Star Wars movie 5 times/buy all the movies on VHS, DVD, BluRay, and digital/buys as money toys and Star Wars source material as their next couple of paychecks will afford, and not the blue twitter check marks that have never seen a Star Wars movie in their life but has ‘influence’.

NaughtyDog, you made a game, off of the steam of the success of your 1st iteration, based on what YOU wanted to make.  Finicky/immature/unrealistic or not...the people had CLEAR expectations for the sequel, and you looked at that rabid fan base that were willing to throw their wallets at the screen and said, ‘No.’

That reminds me of a famous quote from Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glenn Ross, ‘Get out there - you got the prospects coming in. You think they came in to get out of the rain? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it?’  Your audience was *CLEARLY* telling you what they wanted more of for the sequel, and just like Disney...you’d rather give the people what YOU want to give them.  I guess you know what you’re doing...

200.gif

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar.
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, rotoninja said:

I feel this happens a lot when a franchise/type of hobby (Star Wars, comics, etc.) reaches critical mass. When something niche suddenly becomes overly popular, it then becomes easy to market  and put on a path to maximize it profits; this comes at a cost unfortunately as sometimes decision makers cater to the lowest common denominator vs. the original fans, who supported the product in the first place. There's some initial spin by the page view news and the IGNs, but in the end nothing is left but piles of ash. Where is Star Wars now? How many comic book stores are closing these days? What is the current state of Battlefied? All good things come an end and enjoying ND's games were fun while they lasted...but the red flags started to appear when Druckmann decided to remove Doughnut Drake from UC4 to not offend overweight people.

Thank God for indie game developers. 

Everyone will agree that Star Wars was one of the most important and iconic Sci-Fi franchises of all time. People have complained about it for over 20 years now. I will still say the old original trilogy was a landmark in American cinema and it provided Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill long fruitful careers in show business. Most of the new stuff is just cashing in on a tired old franchise. All the reviews and the disappointment from old long time fans is concrete proof the franchise has gone down the toilet.

This is what happens when a product becomes "too popular". It becomes more profitable to cater to the lowest common denominator. The original fans are the select few. They don't make a company millions. The masses that make up the lowest common denominator do, so eventually you start throwing in crap like Call of Duty or Battlefield being advertised on Monster Energy drink products. You sacrifice creativity and self image for sheer profits and big marketing. Corporate suits love that stuff. They don't care about the quality or the content.