TLOU 2 spoilers galore and also Ghost of Tsushima delayed

Just now, Spaz said:

Couldn't of said it better myself. I hate the fact our lives are being poisoned with politics. Especially considering the hobby I've stuck with for over 25 years is gradually being infested with it. One reason why I gravitate towards older games and indies.

Thank you man!

Since I only read this horrible, ridiculous and sadistic story and saw some bloody screenshots, I would like to ask a question to the people who have actually watched the videos (something I really don’t want to do). Have you seen gameplay? Is the game rich in gameplay and challenging enemy encounters or is it full of walking simulator sections and looking at objects sections, like Uncharted 4 was? I have no doubt the game will be graphically gorgeous, but considering the horrible story, the gameplay will be the deciding factor of whether I will give the 60€ for the game or not. I would really appreciate if someone could answer my question. Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Carol said:

Since I only read this horrible, ridiculous and sadistic story and saw some bloody screenshots, I would like to ask a question to the people who have actually watched the videos (something I really don’t want to do). Have you seen gameplay? Is the game rich in gameplay and challenging enemy encounters or is it full of walking simulator sections and looking at objects sections, like Uncharted 4 was? I have no doubt the game will be graphically gorgeous, but considering the horrible story, the gameplay will be the deciding factor of whether I will give the 60€ for the game or not. I would really appreciate if someone could answer my question. Thank you.

the only gameplay stuff that leaked that ive seen was ellie and her gf or whatever just riding a horse through the woods talking about stuff. also someone was driving a car and ellie shot an infected through the car window before it crashed.

• Like 2

Thank you both for your feedback!

My relationship with Uncharted 4 is not easy. I managed to make peace with it and I learned to appreciate the game, but I really didn’t like the game the first time I played it, even though I love the other Uncharted games. I even made a thread about this:

If TLOU 2 it’s the same formula, then, probably, it won’t be worth the 60€ for me. I still have more than a month to decide, but I am getting increasingly unmotivated to buy the game.

I remember a topic that was made years ago. Here it is:

In that topic, I said that I was still not convinced with Neil Druckmann’s work. Unfortunately, all these terrible leaks have confirmed what I felt with U4, in the worst possible way. It’s just sad that after so many years waiting with so much emotion for a game, you realize that it actually won’t be worth your time and money. It appears that the people who knew how to make good games at Naughty Dog are no longer there. I am just a very disappointed fan, now.

• Like 1

Another detail I forgot to add to what I posted was this is the reason why I don't trust nearly any devs now adays due to how they will mostly run for money and nothing else, a lot of devs are not going to be like say no man's sky level of kind where they add to the game and make it as best they can and want nothing else but to please the people and fans of the game. They are to me worth putting money down for as they earned it but even though I still don't fully trust them while I might come off two faced but.

To me I am very untrusting to devs, no man's sky devs have my respect but I still am abit wary of them, the only devs I like and respect and also trust is sucker punch and THQ but with THQ I am abit wary of them but still trust them.

• Like 1

On 29.04.2020 at 11:28 PM, scemopagliaccioh said:

There really isn't much left  to say about this, I'll just post one last message and go.

People that think only a minority care about "sjw topics"   just show how they  consider it  normal when it's their side, when it's much more simple:  people don't want your arguments/ideology  born of the culturally balkanized anglo countries, because they're a cancer that destroys the fabric of a culture, or society, since you all love Joker, no amount of gun control, free healthcare, black women as president/leader or wealth redistribution  is gonna change that,  it makes people psychopaths, and then you get school shootings, or "knife attacks" or even "van attacks" until you "ban" everything  and you're left with  "lapidation attacks". 

I don't really mean  to offend any INDIVIDUAL  person in one of the  anglo countries, but can I really be blamed if I don't want the atomisation of my country  where it  leads to this mass psychopathy?  "What's wrong with trans people?"  What's wrong with the inverse, sorry? What's wrong in my country where I don't have to worry 1/8 of my neighbourhood MUST  be black at all costs otherwise we're closet racists, or that I don't have to walk on eggshells because thing x is now considered offensive? Nobody in my neighbourhood  is black, asian, hispanic or trans, I don't even think gay, but I certainly don't care enough to verify for your fetishes, and guess what? It's not the end of the world, nobody has died from it, we may not have the riches of say, a place like California, but guess what, we don't even suffer from extreme inflation or high taxes, nobody here in my place is homeless and they can all buy their daily food, even in a critical condition like this pandemic. Then, stuff like this from America/other places, but IIRC ND is in California has to come up with this kind of shit under the illusory guise of "entertainment", you ask "what's wrong", but think about it under the same "venom lenses" you  reserve for "russian trolls spouting pro-Trump propaganda"  and the like, and then you clearly see, it's a propaganda mouthpiece to change your way of life, because too many people have become psychotic and they think caring about lgbtq+, minority, whatever is gonna redeem them and make them compassionate people, then it's back at slaving your co-workers, bonus point if they're "whites" or christians, ultra combo if both. Of course, many italians would love working in a place like  for example California for the pay (and you'd like it too, as you could easily trick them into taking less money than a "normal" Cali), but I said working, not living. There is a mental divide that will have to be faced in the future in these anglo countries I'm afraid, and there is no easy way out for one side like "stop being a bigot icsdee" in the meantime though, you could do your job... entertainment, not indoctrination, so that other countries can be a mess too.

Neil Druckmann is the current perfect example of this, and before  I go into details, can I say how cute some of you bringing earlier examples then pompously shouting "see!? It was always like this"? It doesn't even require much efforts, as most of them  are recycled through and through, like how Bioshock is a clear "fuck you" to libertarianism, while forgetting how Ayn Rand's anagram betrayed those same values long before his death, or how Fontaine, the final  antagonist  worked tirelessly to destroy that  same ideal and city, while also trying to have a monopoly around Adam. Or how about FF7's eco terrorists fighting "corporate fascists" at the first section of the game, only to then realize they've been bad too later on, hell, a nazi could even say that Shinra, the major problem, is formed from  descendants of a desert tribe that invaded said planet and now use their vast monopoly of riches to do whatever they want. Or Metal Gear, with Big Boss talking (briefly) about Che Guevara, but also having Senator Steven fucking Armstrong, both presented as competent antagonists the games do not push you to hate. Or FFX and religion,  Yu Yevon  revealed to be a broken man that just wanted to protect his homeland, not an almighty god like the one in the abrahamic religions, on the contrary, he's just a mindless shell that acts on protective instincts by the time you meet him, then  FFX-2  has Nooj, possessed by a spirit that (literally) wants to blow up  the entire world,  founding and leading a political party that wants to do away with  religions and the old ways.

Do you see a pattern here? The games don't show you a caricature of what you/the author hates, or love, they show you complex and interesting characters with the purpouse of telling an entertaining story, that, is the difference between entertainment and indoctrination.

Don't even get me started on the creatively bankrupt comic book industry,  who've been coasting by barely for decades and only have to thank the recent Marvel movies for relevancy, oh wow, this character is Superman, but she's a girl, oh wow, everyone loved Batman who Laughs, let's Jokerize everyone.

But, feel free to disregard everything I said, perhaps wait some years so that enough people forget, and then you can say "nobody gave a shit when BF5 introduced a crippled female soldier and a fucking european soldier with a katana, you're just fixated on politics now".

Now, Druckmann... I despise this man ardently,  and for many reasons:

- He's a jew, as a (non-believer) jew myself, it pisses me off that he has to contribute to the stereotype that all jews hate europeans (what you call "white" people).

- He's a bully, this is intrinsically connected to left wing ideology, but basically, since "white" people, especially men have no protection he can do whatever he wants with his white employee, with at worst, having another sellout like Schreier handwaving everything with talk about unionisation (aka, find a job to some of their friends, so that they get cash and can join the "Druckmanns" in the bullying

- which  has a turning point  with majority of the older staff leaving, but the company still wearing the "mask" of what they were previously

- Contributed to the microtransaction shit, quite early at that,  but since people always go on autopilot, whenever they hear that word, always think of EA, Activision and Ubisoft, but not darling Naughty Dog, nono, can't be.

- The gravest sin of all to me, as a (small) company founder: has no respect to his seniors or juniors, and has shown that many times, hope you end up  like Cobain since you like him that much, you pos.

- Overworking his staff so that  all NPCs can have beating hearts, this is wrong on so many levels, I guess he doesn't mind if they're "whites" or christians, but is this really the direction gaming is going? You wanna tell me that it's perfectly fine, and that other devs should applaud and emulate that? What the fuck does this have to do with videogames? Jesus 

- "diversity as important as gameplay  and graphics" I won't touch with diversity, as any people not intrinsically connected to the dogma is aware it means shit (and it goes outside   "pepe frog gangs" or whatever hip names you imbeciles can come up with), but graphics as important as gameplay? Really?

- " we don't use the word fun" that's the magnus opium of an embodiment of said generation in desperate search of ways to feel more intelligent and/or unique, a pretentious little shit, unable to work at movies, going into the videogame industry  and banking there because "gamers" (ugh) have the lowest of standards, they even police themselves the critics in the first place!

- And all the fucking movie games they inspired this generation.

You're goddamn right if you think I want Naughty Dog to crash and burn, it's past the point of saving, only thing left is for the company to fuck off and the talented ones going somewhere else, and that, may have already happened, curiously enough.

But  this is why I think this game will be a trainwreck, mind you, I only played the first chapter of TLOU1 on grounded,  but I watched the entire thing on Youtube, as intended by the devs:

There will be no online, I'm sure Druckmann  did this to avoid  a micro backlash but it will bite him back, many people, for some strange reasons liked the online, and, while I hate it because it reminds me of the PSPlus Mafia (psst, kid, it's just 50, errr 60 euro a year, you want that online and "protection" against bad servers, don't cha?) online greatly adds longevity in games. Offline wise, the characters aren't anything to write home about  but this is where the interactive medium strikes, as you play an interactive, not passive role in the videogame  it's easier to build a "connection" compared to other forms. And so, what are Joel and Ellie?  A father-daughter relationship, non-biological one to boot, so we even take those fathers that parent non-biological childrens, as it's something greatly growing in places like America.

So, we have an older male protecting his daughter after having a trauma at the start of the game, won't spoil more but I guess all of you know what happens, it's a goldmine, as  a self insert, an adult woman see a competent father figure with a grizzly past, slowly  opening up again during the course of the game, a young boy see a badass, an adult man can self insert as him, whether he's a father or not (though, if he's a father, even better for the self insertion)  and a young woman see a strong father figure making her engaged in the story. It's a very strong formula  for a protagonist in an ageing demographic, male, female, white, black etc, and, as a matter of fact, Cory Balrog later on took Kratos and remodelled him in a similiar way, with a wonderful reception, and, I gotta admit, I strongly prefer current Kratos than the old one, my gripe came with the combat. Even Druckmann  himself, self inserted as Joel later on, by making him jewish, though, by the TLOU2 leaks, I suspect that this is not enough anymore for him. So you see, how "important" this character is, alongside Ellie, which is deeply connected to the character of Joel. But the new character? It's gonna be a "It's ma'am" cascade of memes, and sure, I could very well be wrong, as I want ND to fuck off already, not so because some neckbeard youtuber in search of revenue can talk about shitty unionisation or get woke go broke (but as a sidenote, that both the left wing and right wing have a schematic ready in case ND fails to deliver, does not bode well for them), but because they're a cancer in the philosophical, game design, and inspiration factors.

T. Terrone from Terronistan, we already have  the entire problem of the North stealing riches  from the South  during the unification, so no, we don't care about  your "you're white, you should be ashamed of yourself, you racist, sexist, transphobic bigots", illusory problems you create out of your bored minds, and definitely, we don't need them in a videogame, who we play after a long, stressful day at work.

Epic post. Thank you, sir.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

Defending his opinion of the existance of 2 genders. 

???? Hahaha, you made me throw up my water and wet my clothes.

I completely understand and share  your disapproval of the situation at hand, but you may want to put the spoiler tag, as some people don't want to be spoiled and want to play the game blind. Oh, poor, poor souls.

• Like 3

On 4/30/2020 at 1:31 PM, Vampirehunter145 said:
Spoiler

Joel killed, ¿and by who? Ellie's romantic interest with almost no developing/background story behind him/her/whatver the hell you want to name the human being.  ¿And for what?: Defending his opinion of the existance of 2 genders.

Lmao hahah. I guess Neil had to get his point across since he admitted that he like to puts his personal politics in his games. I think its fine to do that but not like this. However, I also don't think politics belong in games. That's just my opinion though. 

Edited by BlindMango
Added a spoiler tag to quoted text
  • Like 1

Ok. I've read the leaks in a screenshot posted somewhere else and, honestly, this is one of those cases in which I am sorry with myself to not be able to use (here) my own language to express, without any type of doubt, how disgusting, sadic, cruel and nonsense the game can be if those things were to be confirmed.

And I'm talking about only the story. The social justice stuff or the gender etc I don't care at all. 

That said, I will wait a few days after June 19th to find out if the spoilers were true or it was a huge marketing move. In the first case, I won't even download the game with Plus.

Edited by X_Wizi_X
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, KANERKB said:

Another detail I forgot to add to what I posted was this is the reason why I don't trust nearly any devs now adays due to how they will mostly run for money and nothing else, a lot of devs are not going to be like say no man's sky level of kind where they add to the game and make it as best they can and want nothing else but to please the people and fans of the game. They are to me worth putting money down for as they earned it but even though I still don't fully trust them while I might come off two faced but.

To me I am very untrusting to devs, no man's sky devs have my respect but I still am abit wary of them, the only devs I like and respect and also trust is sucker punch and THQ but with THQ I am abit wary of them but still trust them.

As you probably know, Sean Murray and his team were attacked because a lot of content they promised wasn't in the game when it released. Promising a lot of content only for it to not be there leaves a very bad mark.

Since then the game has gone through a few overhauls. There's a lot more to it now and looking at player feedback, more people are satisfied with what it is.

First impressions can mean a lot, especially in video games.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

As you probably know, Sean Murray and his team were attacked because a lot of content they promised wasn't in the game when it released. Promising a lot of content only for it to not be there leaves a very bad mark.

Since then the game has gone through a few overhauls. There's a lot more to it now and looking at player feedback, more people are satisfied with what it is.

First impressions can mean a lot, especially in video games.

yes but that is what I mean, they had a lot of hate at the start and they chose to go back and fixed it and add more then they promised from the start, take a game such as say fallout 76, sure they fix some things but most of the fixes is things that help players such as dup glitches and so on but game breaking ones take along while, while also breaking things as well.

To be completely honest reading this topic actually got me hyped to the game. I mean, of course, I would buy it but now I'm actually looking forward to the game being released already. I'm yet to experience the game being disgusting, cruel and all the other stuff I'm reading about here. I hope it will have some sort of emotional impact on me and it's not just people being overly emotionally attached to the original or the story of the sequel not being how they imagined it.

Edited by BloodyRutz

1 hour ago, Starcade_Legend said:

So...you’re under the impression that the catastrophe that is unraveling now is because of the leak, and not because of the narrative choices?  ?

I'm under impression that people believe every stupid shit they read on Reddit. Like the one about this non-existent employee.