What was hands down the most fun plat to obtain?

LoveInHell

Which game was so much fun to plat? Now obviously I believe the majority on this site like trophy hunting and going for plats but we have certainly all huffed and puffed at certain trophies. 

But which platinum was so much fun you didn’t even feel tired of it or annoyed or anything negative? ? Almost as if you wish you could do it all over again, like traveling back in time.

Mine was definitely Subnautica, I loved going for every trophy, it was scary, adventurous, the trophies made me curious wanting to know more and keep playing. I had no worries on my mind either to be careful etc. It was just all really fun.

• Like 1

Prey

the trophies force playthroughs with different builds, which totally change the way you have to play, and make the entire thing feel fresh even through third and forth playthroughs - and force you to explore the world in such different ways.

• Like 2

Off the top of my head, would probably be max payne 3. Although the mp level up trophy was a bit tedious.  Overcooked 2 was fun playing with the wife with the odd arguement as well.  

Hard topic though because I could rattle off about 10 more games.  

• Like 2

That's funny. I was going to say Subnautica too because I'm playing it now and the trophy list looks like the first legitimately good trophy list I've seen in a long time.

But since I don't have that platinum, I'll say XCOM: Enemy Within. I love all the XCOM games, but being able to get all the trophies in a single playthrough was a nice change of pace. Everybody's Golf was really fun too. It just had one or two jank trophies that might ruin the experience. Celeste was great because it was only as hard as you want to make it.

• Like 1

Gravity Rush 1 and 2

I'm grouping them.  They're both just really fun.  Even the grindy grab the Gems trophy weren't all that grindy.  The bosses and mini games weren't too hard or were they too easy.  It hit a good balance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Tales of Berseria

Same!! Most of the trophies felt very natural if you try to do everything the game has to offer. And the game itself is SO GOOD. I've played it at least three additional times after getting all trophies (two playthroughs for trophies) because it's such a fun game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

MediEvil for me.

Played it way back in '98 when I was 5 so the remake was such a huge nostalgia trip for me, and I couldn't get enough. Really hoping for a remake of MediEvil 2

Oh, that seems like such a fun game to play. I keep forgetting its been remastered, hopefully it will go on sale soon.

Dust: An Elysian Tail 

I enjoyed my experience with it immensely, plus the trophy list was a worthwhile one that I found rather enjoyable to pursue since it was a well-balanced list. 

Honorable mention would go to Infamous First Light, the trophy progress in that game felt rather natural and I especially loved completing the arenas. 

Demons Souls, It took me so long but I love everything about this game. It's funny how some times you don't want the plat in case it turns you off playing more, I did buy the American version so I can start all over again some day.

How is it that I have 159 :platinum: and can't recall a single "fun" game? I've had many games with entrancing stories, visceral and cathartic combat, satisfying platinums, but I can't remember ever saying to myself "omg I'm having so much fun while playing this game."

Games seem to fall into other categories:

1. Genuinely simple/easy and I blow right through them.

2. I'm freakishly good at them, which makes them easy to me, and I blow right through them.

3. Difficult and frustrating, but I press on (for whatever reasons) and make it through to the end.

4. Just a laundry list of collectibles and things to do, which makes them a grind/tedious.

5. Bad/poorly made games.

games y u no fun :hmm: :angry: :shakefist: 

Wow effdeegee, Sounds more like a chore. But you must have a fun one there?

Sleeping Dogs on PS3 was also incredibly fun for me. And just recently Shinobido 2, bought in japan and plat on the Diamond princess as well as Akiba's trip. Both where incredibly fun in a sense that I could ignore the virus and media.

Edited by Z1MZUM
  • Like 1