PS Spain’s Video of the Hardest Platinums and Best Hunters

BlackTorito

So, PS Spain is publishing a video today in about 9 hours from this post about the hardest platinums (which we may already know quite a few ones) and the best trophy hunters.

https://m.imgur.com/li176Pe

I’m kinda curious who they think the best hunters are and based on what (probably platinum numbers), who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us and put a player that currently owns a lot of hard platinums and not 1.000 from Ratailakas’

I’ll publish the video later and transcript the main points in English. I don’t know if they’ll publish something similar in other regions.

Games mentioned

• Max Payne 3
  • Bloodborne
  • Nioh 2
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Titan Souls
  • The Evil Within
  • N++
  • Surgeon Simulator
  • God of War

Special mentions (online multiplayer)

• Elder Scrolls Online
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Overwatch

Trophy Hunters

• Hakoom (Guiness World Record)
  • Roughdawg4 (More platinum accumulation talk)
  • Video mentions that some of them on the leaderboards are professional trophy hunters and spend 20 hours on average to that daily.
  • PS4Trophies (now PS5Trophies, video talks about the accolade of achieving 50 platinums under 20 hours)
Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 2

I’m super-curious how they objectively define and measure “hard” for this piece. 

Measurable criteria relating to “hard” or difficultly usually gets tossed out the window and ends up pandering to popularity. 

Also isn’t the the group that has leaked Ps Plus several times now? Classy. 

18 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Not sure how you can make a list as subjective as "the best trophy hunters".. Also, there's usually no Crypt Of The Necrodancer on any of these "hardest platinum" lists.. That usually causes me to lose interest pretty quickly as they never really research these videos enough.

Subjective yes, in the logic of what defines a good trophy hunter.

But they will probably look at the sheer numbers. So my bet will be that Hakoom is one of them if not 'the best' . 

I don't know if research is a factor. They probably want to cater around the casual gamers and it is better to be shoving them a bloodborne rather then a crypt of the necrodancer in front of their eyes. Though it would be a nice surprise.

If they don't have stuff like Crypt of the Necrodancer, Super Meat Boy, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and Vanquish, then they can't consider themselves to be great trophy hunters.

I rarely touch hard games but my trophy account is probably more impressive than these guys who fail to do their research on who is actually good.

• Like 2

These generic channels have to cater to a mass audience, so my guess is that the list is gonna be pretty generic and lacking lots of hard niche titles 

Maybe we get a surprise though!

Edited by Arcesius

6 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

That's a fake account, because it's missing the 2714.png, and you can't find this post on the official PlayStation España account. Here is the link to the real account: https://twitter.com/PlayStationES?s=09

That's probably because the screenshot shows post from YouTube, not Twitter. xD

https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStationES

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

That's a fake account, because it's missing the 2714.png, and you can't find this post on the official PlayStation España account. Here is the link to the real account: https://twitter.com/PlayStationES?s=09

It’s a post on YouTube.

On the topic, they’ll probably try to put as many Sony exclusives as they can, and of course, most of them will be mass known.

But as I said, i’m only curious what an official channel will call the “best hunters” to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

If they don't have stuff like Crypt of the Necrodancer, Super Meat Boy, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and Vanquish, then they can't consider themselves to be great trophy hunters.

I rarely touch hard games but my trophy account is probably more impressive than these guys who fail to do their research on who is actually good.

Except for the Sound Shapes, hihi.

Okay my bad, seems the video was posted yesterday. I'll update the main post. All in all, a pretty bland video, as expected, they pretty much mention a plethora of games in a really short time just fast talking why it is hard, mainly naming the requirement. Honestly, at least, I would have made a top 5 and extended the explanation so the user can understand why are they hard and get a feeling to it (well, except God of War, like, really?)... Oh, and at least I expected the obvious Wolfenstein II...but okay.

Games mentioned

• Max Payne 3
  • Bloodborne
  • Nioh 2
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Titan Souls
  • The Evil Within
  • N++
  • Surgeon Simulator
  • God of War

Special mentions (online multiplayer)

• Elder Scrolls Online
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Overwatch

Names

• Hakoom (Guiness Record)
  • Video mentions that some of them are professional trophy hunters and spend 20 hours on average to that daily.
  • PS4Trophies (now PS5Trophies, video talks about the accolade of achieving 50 platinums under 20 hours)

Edited by BlackTorito

I'll have you know I'm part of the ELITE because of my Bloodborne platinum that literally did not feel any different from any other Dark Souls like game and the fact it has a high %...

I mean really? God of War? Bloodborne? No Crypt? No Wolfenstein 2? Aye ya ya. 

Also monster hunter world? I thought that was more of a "time difficulty" rather than actual brutal difficulty hellish difficulty? Cause if that was the case I'd say Star Ocean: The Last Hope time commitment is ridiculous too, but the game ain't that hard.

These channels I swear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Games mentioned

• Max Payne 3
  • Bloodborne
  • Nioh 2
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Titan Souls
  • The Evil Within
  • N++
  • Surgeon Simulator
  • God of War

More indies then I expected, I am impressed.

Even a shadow warrior mention is spicy.

Though the populist games like god of war, bloodborne (and Nioh 2 for that matter) doesn't deserve to be on this list.

And also missing the obvious wolfenstein 2 and crypt of the necrodancer.

Names

• Hakoom (Guiness Record)
  • Video mentions that some of them are professional trophy hunters and spend 20 hours on average to that daily.

Well that wasn't suprising honestly.

• Like 1

PS5Trophies (Brian) doesn’t deserve any mention because he’s just a guy who got popular posting trophy guide videos on YouTube.

His account has a bunch of trophy whore games. Surgeon Simulator is about the best that he’s accomplished. But he is by no means an exceptional trophy hunter, or at least goes after games that many people regard as extremely different. 

You might as throw PowerPyx into the mix. Both are good YouTubers, but neither of them have done anything trophy wise that is truly exceptional and far above what the norm will bother to do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

Don't forget the new added ones: Celeste (which many consider it difficult, but I just see it as a platformer with high speed like Metroid), Dragon Age Inquisition, FFXIV, Hollow Knight, Binding of Isaac, and very other indies that are really difficult. Also, we can metion Crash, Gran Turismo 5 and well... Kinda strange that this site doesn't track properly the time completition or the difficulty per game and per user, makes this kinda tedious to look carefully what can be consider "hard" Platinum. 

Anyways, I thinks that was a list for newbies or certain demographic which... aren't pretty interested in truphy hunting and they just play casually. So, no wonder why they mention god of War as a "hard" one or even Nioh 2 (Sekiro is 5 times harder and, well, no mention). ?

Here's a good video which all of us can agree about what really means about a "hard" Platinum (as especial mention, obviously I'll add Wolfenstein II): 

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

PS5Trophies (Brian) doesn’t deserve any mention because he’s just a guy who got popular posting trophy guide videos on YouTube.

If I ever watch one of his videos it seems like he has barely any idea what he is talking about half the time. The way he comes across in general also just bothers me.

4 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Don't forget the new added ones: Celeste (which many consider it difficult, but I just see it as a platformer with high speed like Metroid), Dragon Age Inquisition, FFXIV, Hollow Knight, Binding of Isaac, and very other indies that are really difficult. Also, we can metion Crash, Gran Turismo 5 and well... Kinda strange that this site doesn't track properly the time completition or the difficulty per game and per user, makes this kinda tedious to look carefully what can be consider "hard" Platinum. 

Anyways, I thinks that was a list for newbies or certain demographic which... aren't pretty interested in truphy hunting and they just play casually. So, no wonder why they mention god of War as a "hard" one or even Nioh 2 (Sekiro is 5 times harder and, well, no mention). 1f61e.png

Here's a good video which all of us can agree about what really means about a "hard" Platinum (as especial mention, obviously I'll add Wolfenstein II):

Most people (including myself) cheated on Celeste, so that doesn't count for a difficult platinum. Legit, you're looking at one of the toughest platformers out there. Dragon Age Inquisition and Final Fantasy XIV are both AAA role playing games, both are time consuming but aren't in any way extremely difficult.

Binding of Isaac isn't a bad choice, it's both very time consuming and difficult. I don't consider Crash to be all too hard, the first game is definitely the hardest and the second and third game are easier because Crash himself gets new abilities that make the speedruns easier. Gran Turismo 5 does deserve a mention, it's a decade old and is still remembered for it's sheer length and difficulty.

It's just a list made for casuals who buy maybe 5 - 10 games a year and get platinums in stuff like inFamous Second Son and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. So that video in the OP already lost credibility for me.