Hi Im new (what do you think of my psn name)

PLaTinumXXManiac

Well here I am whats up everybody cant wait to start getting those platinum's and working my way up that Leaderboard (long long way to go LOL : )

Before I get started I have been thinking hard about my PSN name should I go with PLaTinumXXManiac seems like a odd name or should I have gone with something simple 

Its a name that gets the point across but still I like to play online and I was worried that my name would scare away potential Friends because they think Im platinum crazy and not

Taking things serious It wouldn't take much to start over I only have 2 platinum's both fallout's........Anyway I might just be thinking too much about it

I do like the Maniac part and the meaning of the word A person who has an excessive enthusiasm or desire for something (not the insane lunatic definition)

Also this my first time on this website but not my first PSN account before I was DRplaystion3 (another odd name) had 30 platinum's before I cheated on Little big planet 2 with A USB 

Yeah I know shame on me no one has flagged me yet so fell free to do so Im glad I started over the LEGIT WAY it would have sucked if I had stayed with it to 100 and got called a cheater

All for nothing right also it gives me chance to replay some great games like uncharted,dark souls,dead space,bioshock,mass effect,Skyrim,borderlands (yea long long long way to go)

Well there's my long introduction see you guys & gals on the leaderboard and forums whether it be on this name or another glad I finally joined  DEUCES!!!

spacer.png

I like it, it's not fake as my ex-best friend. His was juliosnider, but i don't think he has a profile here. All his plat were gotten by me and i got them again in my account when i bought my own ps3 :D

EDIT: I've added his profile to the site, you can see it here.

EDIT2: I've just read your post, somehow i didn't before. It's a shame that you cheated on one game, that could ruin your whole reputation. I think it was a good idea to create a new account from the scratch, a replat is much much easier, i did about 5 replats because of my forementioned friend, all them were much easier on the second time (i still remember 95% the collectible locations on Dead Nation and Uncharted 2, but the DN grind was longer since i cut off 1 playthrough on Braindead to get to know the game). I wish you good luck on your new journey, LBP is such an awesome game, was the reason i bought my ps3 and one of the first games i got my plat on. Could be the first if i didn't took so much time to get the hearts, but i did all the acing without a problem. By the way, me and my friend recorded when we got his LBP plat, you can see it here. The voicing is in portuguese, he talks most of the time, i'm the back voice, the guy in blue doing this ლ(ಠ益ಠლ). He used to think that a plat was the most amazing thing ever, i don't he knows i have more than 50 of those :/

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

I never understood the whole "cheating" thing. I don't understand the motivation, the thought process behind it, or why people care so much about trophies. But I guess that's the difference between a hardcore trophy hunter and your more casual trophy hunters (like me).

After saying this Platinum Maniac, make sure you have fun getting all your plats again legitly.

and Lastly and most importantly,

WELCOME TO PSNP!!!!!!

I wouldn't put anything to do with trophies as my username but that's your call

Welcome to PSNP.

Yeah that's the whole reason why i was thinking of changing it

Thanks for all the reply's I think I will stay with my name for now I don't feel like starting over again just to pick another name Im not sure about I should be more focused on my games 

Not making excuses but as for why I cheated on LBP2 was because of trophy percentage I did not think I could get the 4 player collectables or online trophy's but that was before I got better at asking for help boosting     

• Like 1

Pick a name that won't drive you crazy 5 years down the line (you may not think random capitals and XXXs will be cool then).

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry what other people think of you based purely on your username.  You'll make friends and meet jerks regardless what your name is.  Unless it's something really obscene or juvenile, i don't think most people even notice.  

Personally, I always made usernames that were easy to read and wouldn't get jarring if someone was screaming my name over a mic.

Edited by Doc_Dino