Thank You PSNProfiles

Parker

Well said. Like wolverinefangirl I haven't been here long. This site is definitely a diamond in the rough, there are some awesome gamers on this site and some generally awesome people (such as your self).

I also envy and respect  Sly for making such an awesome community and generally more mature one possible.

Congrats on your 3,000th post as well :yay:

• Like 2

I've a long way to go to catch up to 3000, but I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else. I look at some places *cough*youtube*cough* and I'm astounded by the maturity (or lack thereof) displayed by some people. Childish name calling, swearing, slander.... not like here. Here is good. Any name calling here is mostly just friendly banter. It's a place where you can voice your opinions without people shouting you down, a place to relax, and a place to make friends. This truly is one of the greatest Playstation sites on the web, with a fantastic community. I feel at home here.

Great post.

Parker

... Am I doing it right?

Nah, but seriously mate. You've been one of the best people on this site in my opinion; in terms of what you post, and the respect you have for other people. Great to see you're still supporting the site after all these years. Stay sweet.
Edited by FluffyAssassin64

Yeah, its another one of those threads. I just realized I was coming up on my 3,000th post and figured I should make some sort of effort to make it slightly memorable. So here goes...

As most of you know I was an early supporter of this site and donated to be part of the beta. I have never been and will never be a trophy hunter but I loved ps3trophies.com when Sly was an admin over there and when he announced he was leaving to create his own site I immediately donated what he was asking to be a part of it. Sly is just one of those guys who has an immense talent and you can sense it through what he creates, which in this case is the wonderful PSNP. After the meltdown of .com quite a few people left, some came back and were active again, others not and to me it felt like the "outcasts" of that site made our way here. I'm not knocking .com but the lack of maturity there is something that really bothers me and it seems like every single thread over there turns into the more popular members posting stupid pictures and making everything off topic. While that happens occasionally here it is usually because the topic has been posted 200 times and members are fed up.

Anyways, I remember when the forums opened and there was just a select few of us and I had never felt more at home on a forum than I did here, and I had never even met three quarters of the members here. There was a breath of fresh air about this site and I think all the early members (and news ones still) felt it. I'm not trying to be dramatic but it truly did feel like something special. A huge part of that is because of Sly. I am on a lot of forums nowadays, not just gaming forums and I have never seen another site owner/admin as active in the community as Sly is. Not only does he put up with our bickering for new features, he actually listens to our bickering and adds the features to the site. He lets everyone know what is going on when something happens and is consistently updating PSNP with new features that keep us ahead of any competitors. This from a man who is only 22 years old. As I said before, Sly has immense talent and I have nothing but respect for him. He should be extremely proud of not only PSNP, but everything he did for .com as well. 

Of course I have to talk about Altered and eburk as well. I can't think of two better moderators for this site. They haven't let power go to their head like other sites mods have and they let us argue a lot more/longer than a lot of other sites. Part of that is because this community is generally much more mature than any other one and we ca argue without personal insults being thrown and people getting butthurt, for the most part at least. I think some of the maturity has to do with the respect other members have for the two mods, you don't want to cause problems for someone who is acting just like one of the regular members and cutting up along with us. 

I also want to thank the whole PSNP community. We are all apart of something special here, it feels more like a little gaming family than it does a simple forum. There are people here I have never met but I know what games they like, what they enjoy in their free time, whether or not they're married and all sorts of other things. Hell, I work with the same people everyday and I don't know that much about most of them. The maturity here is something I really appreciate and it makes it a whole lot easier to be myself whereas other places I get agitated by the stupidity easily and turn into kind of a dick (apparently.) You guys have bee great to me and it is a joy to log on everyday (multiple times a day) and just converse with like minded, great people. Whether that conversation be about games, movies, Motorsport or anything else I can always find something to talk about here. The chat room has some great opportunities for conversation as well and if you've been thinking of giving it a try I strongly advise you do so. You really get to know other members and their sense of humor there and I've made quite a few friends by talking to them in chat. 

Basically what I'm trying to say is this. Thank you PSNProfiles for everything so far. Sly, AF, eburk, you're all badasses and run the best gaming website I have ever been apart of, bar none. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us but I know one thing for sure, I'll be right here the whole time and enjoying every second of the ride. Thanks for everything. 

Parker

I've been here since the beta too :awesome:  And you're welcome

Grimy

3k posts, holy mother ...

as well as Sly and the mod team, some of the longer term users (Lee, Gota, Grimy, BDK, and yourself are the people who come to mind) also make the site what it is and a lot of you seem to have a knack of managing to cut a few bad threads short without the need of mods. Maybe because most of you know what can go wrong elsewhere

This is the second time in a few days people have said something nice about the chatbox - that's a surprise in itself as we are usually not considered to be the best, but hopefully people will actually start popping by, we don't usually bite ;)

I'll also agree to the fact that Sly is one of the best admins/programmers I have met, as he know what he should and shouldn't listen to, and also lets us debate (or often argue) things, only getting involved when it's either a firm no or it's added. Many programmers in quite a few industries could learn from that...

Great post by the way, not because of what you said, but the detail with which you said it

Firstly excellent piece sir!!

I never realised that you and others whoever they are had donated to get the site up and running, my utmost respect to all of you.

I am only a recent member but have already seen some amazing changes to the site and met and spoken to some awesome people.

I take my hat off to the lot of you.

Cheers guys!!!

Well said Parker, much respect to you and others that contributed to making this place what it is.

As I am fairly new, I also saw what you have known for awhile now and made my paltry contribution in the form of a Lifetime Membership (only 10 bucks :awesome: ) but just like you and so many others around here, this does feel like home.

Congrats Sly, the Mod team and everyone else who was here from the beginning and built this place.

• 1 year later...

A year and 3,000 something posts later and I still feel the same about this site. Sly, you're still doing an amazing job, AF and Eburk, you're still badass motherfuckers and I still think we have by far and away the best gaming community out there. 

So, thanks again for making my time here so much fun. Here is to many more years and posts.  B)

Parker

• Like 2