Are you looking forward for the new stacks?

TalalHmd

I know Ps5 will be backward compatible with ps4 games, but I'm sure publishers will find ways to resell their games, so I'm wondering how people are going to approach new stacks?

as someone who still has a ps4 backlog, I'll probably skip the ps5 versions and complete the ones I have instead, but it's will probably be hard in some cases, for example,if they released a ps5 version of The Witcher 3, I think I'll be too tempted to play that instead 

Just now, Gotakibono said:

I'm actually curious to see if the trend of remasters will continue on the PS5, considering Sony have made such a noise about it being backwards compatible with PS4 games.

Not only backward compatible, I'm willing to bet that according to their words "overwhelming majority" take advantage of the PS5's hardware improvements like load time and graphical improvements. If that's the case, I can't see what kind of improvements a company is going to offer for a PS4 remaster aside from additional content.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Not only backward compatible, I'm willing to bet that according to their words "overwhelming majority" take advantage of the PS5's hardware improvements like load time and graphical improvements. If that's the case, I can't see what kind of improvements a company is going to offer for a PS4 remaster aside from additional content.

Oh absolutely bud, same here. The PS5 will probably end up being the best way to play PS4 games.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

If i bought a game digitally and then it gets a remaster on a newer console, i should get said newer Remastered game for free, Like loyalty rewards, or get it highly discounted
thats just my opinion

I like this...I'd like to be able to upgrade my corvette for free or at a heavy discount if I like equivalent future models better than the one i have now...why should the newer one cost any more, right?...haha...

on topic, aside from the gta series or max payne 3, if a game is remastered that i have already played, I won't bother with it...if a game is released as a remaster that I haven't played yet, and particularly if it's a complete edition, I'll definitely buy the upgraded version instead...

Lately, I find myself enjoying remasters a lot more than new releases and IPs. Without using actual factual evidence but just my anecdotal feelings, the current generation hasn't really done anything exciting as the old days did, apart from a select few titles. I also contribute that to me feeling that the PS4 is an upgrade cycle as opposed to a new generation, much like the PS5 is setting up to be. If the PS1 was the iPhone, then the PS2 was the iPhone 3S, the PS3 the iPhone 6, and the PS4 the iPhone 6S.

My choices in this generation:

1. A battleground-style shooter
  2. A third-person open-world game
  3. A first-person open-world game
  4. A "quirky" 8/16-BIT game that tells a "deep and moving" story
  5. A remaster of an old game I loved

I honestly look forward the most to number 5. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikaelkid17 said:

Best have a Platinum this time

Still no idea why they didnt do that for RE4

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

And 5,6, Dead Rising 1 and 2, and Okami lol

Yeah pretty much ? of course fuck Breath of Fire...why would you ever remaster that

I actually really hope there’s not as many remasters next gen. There has been such a high number of re-releases this gen, and while I have bought a few of them (purely because I was on Xbox last gen) I’d much rather developers focussed on creating something new than remastering something else. 

That being said, if I can buy San Andreas and re-plat that in a different stack I 100% will ?

• Like 1

I don't think we will see a lot of remasters, but they will exist.

It is easy to forget that in a year or two, the PS5 will be somebodies first console and they won't have this huge catalog of games most of us have accumulated over the years.

I do think that all of the games that target the trophy hunters (you know the ones), will add a PS5 stack if Sony lets them.