PS5 With disc or without?

waltdisneypixar

PS5 With disc or without?   

1,257 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 With disc or without?

I like special editions of games that come with artworks, figure and other merch. Digital doesn't offer that bar avatars and themes. Also the price difference of the 2 will be offset by the price of games. Digital has always been more expensive on release and. I do buy digital games but only at reasonable prices. The last full price digital i got was RDR2 as i was way too hyped for it.

Both designs are great imo and will be interesting to see if Sony use the sales data between the 2 for the PS6

• Like 1

Really depends on the price. If its exact same specs and stuff like that but digital version is like 100$ cheaper. Ifo with that. I have like 5 discs on ps4. Rest are digital. I collect some rare limited that gets disc release but those i don't open. 

Digital only. 99% of my games now are digital and not having to have a cluster of games lying around is a huge relief for me.

Edit: Actually scratch that. If PS5 can play PS4 discs, then I'd buy the disc version because PS4 discs will actually be cheaper as time goes on. Can rent games and return them. Didn't really think about that.

Edited by Sword
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, woggly4 said:

Probably disc, depends on the price.

But the fact, that there is a digital only version is kind of a statement about not bringing PS1-PS3 compatibility, isn't it? Or will the disc version be sold as the "Blu-ray and backwards compatibility"-PS5? Doubt it.

Or Sony could make the PS Store a one stop shop with PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS5 games. So it doesnt completely rule it out. But it isnt likely for sure.

• Like 1

Definitely disc version, I want to still be able to use my PS4 game collection so, plus I like to have the ability to trade fully completed games in towards other things as well. Though will be interested to see what Sony does about digital-only consoles and possibly being able to trade the digital keys back to the store etc

Take a look at the prices of the digital games for ps3 on the psstore, then go to search the disk version on ebay.
When Sony abandon the old console, they stop any promotion or discount on sales.
All ps3 games are in full price.
The same will happen to ps4 digital games.
Luckily ps3 and ps4 have the blu ray reader.
Disk version or nothing for me.

Edited by fabio-piesse
  • Like 1

I'm going to say disc for now even though I'm currently have a some games digitally on the PS4. I like to have my options open, though for some people that won't be the case due to their internet connection from their ISPs and location. Having a blue-ray reader especially is an added bonus. Also, games from disk down the road tend to be cheaper than digital. Perhaps Sony make it more enticing by having better sales, but I'm pessimistic on that front.

32 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The only way I'd go digital only is if there was a way to resell my digital purchases through the PS5.

You can make another account, buy the game, play it with your account and then try to sell the account of the game... I don't know if that isn't legit but I don't feel like breaking something legal besides the greed of the companies xD

Edited by DeepEyes7

Just now, DeepEyes7 said:

You can make another account, buy the game, play it with your account and then try to sell the account of the game...

Uh...no, man. I mean a trade-in feature supported locally within the console by Sony. I'm not gonna be like those jackoffs that got Mafia 2 for free in Malaysia just so they could try to flip it on eBay.

Just now, Helyx said:

Uh...no, man. I mean a trade-in feature supported locally within the console by Sony. I'm not gonna be like those jackoffs that got Mafia 2 for free in Malaysia just so they could try to flip it on eBay.

Then not see that happening, it go against their selling abuse model...

Just now, DeepEyes7 said:

Then not see that happening, it go against their selling abuse model...

I don't think you're reading what I'm typing. A feature. From Sony. Operated by Sony. Locally situated in the OS. In the PS5.

Unless that happens, refer to my original post.

I have refused to buy a 4k bluray player for years, but I have amassed a small collection of 4k blurays, so def looking forward to the disk version (also digital only is just not something I would willingly sign up for). Doubtful i'll get a launch unit however.

• Like 2

Just now, Helyx said:

I don't think you're reading what I'm typing. A feature. From Sony. Operated by Sony. Locally situated in the OS. In the PS5.

Unless that happens, refer to my original post.

Yeah, I'm reading, I'm just saying that I don't see something like that implemented =(... So not an option for you.