July PS+ 2020 Lineup

kidson2004

On 29/06/2020 at 5:27 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Wasn't 2K20 less received by fans due to the higher amount of gambling in this one compared to prior ones?

yes. 2k20 games in general this "year" (as theyre released in 2019), were bad. NBA/WWE come to mind.

Tomb Raider baffles me as well, as its around $10-$15 new depending where you go.. as Shadows of TR is 20 for complete edition. 

Sony at least is kind of getting bigger titles lately but definitely dated ones... CODWW2, Uncharted DC, Uncharted 4... its a step up from all the simulator shit but I'd say 80% of ps4 owners played majority of these :/

i would have had Crash Bandicoot NSane Trilogy (hype the 4th), maybe Nioh 2 as its seen a recent price drop and can maybe help in convincing plus members to buy the season pass for the dlc july 30th. So its kind of a possible win win for Sony but noooope. NBA....

On 6/29/2020 at 7:28 AM, JoaLoft said:

I'd defend Sony if there is a solid line-up to defend, but honestly:

For a 10th Anniversary of Plus, this is just disappointing. Rise of the Tomb Raider is great, but Erica? Hmmm. NBA 2K20 loaded with microtransactions? Ugh.

This could have been a lot better, given the circumstances.

But they are in a lose/lose situation. I am not getting either of the AAA games but they are TRIPLE A GAMES. They havent been giving indie games all that much, which is nice. Either they give too much indie games out or they give 2 AAA games and they still get drug through the mud. 

7 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

But they are in a lose/lose situation. I am not getting either of the AAA games but they are TRIPLE A GAMES. They havent been giving indie games all that much, which is nice. Either they give too much indie games out or they give 2 AAA games and they still get drug through the mud. 

I don't think they are. Remember, this is not just a regular Plus line-up: it's a 10th Anniversary one. Half of this Plus offer is good, actually. Rise of the Tomb Raider is a really solid addition, and I can give Erica the benefit of the doubt. But NBA 2K20, despite probably being a decent sports game, has fucking gambling mechanics and microtransactions built into its framework. That's where everyone should draw the line.

As a celebration of Plus, I feel it would have been better if they replaced NBA 2K20 with an exclusive at least: The Last Guardian? Horizon Zero Dawn? Those games have been out for years, they're amazing and as such would've been viable options. Heck, even No Man's Sky would've been a great addition (yes, the game's been really good ever since 2018).

Some people will always find something to complain about, but there are reasonable users like myself who have defended the line-up, when it deserved to be. I stand by what I said earlier: this overall package could have been better for a milestone such as 10 Years of Plus.

16 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

I don't think they are. Remember, this is not just a regular Plus line-up: it's a 10th Anniversary one. Half of this Plus offer is good, actually. Rise of the Tomb Raider is a really solid addition, and I can give Erica the benefit of the doubt. But NBA 2K20, despite probably being a decent sports game, has fucking gambling mechanics and microtransactions built into its framework. That's where everyone should draw the line.

As a celebration of Plus, I feel it would have been better if they replaced NBA 2K20 with an exclusive at least: The Last Guardian? Horizon Zero Dawn? Those games have been out for years, they're amazing and as such would've been viable options. Heck, even No Man's Sky would've been a great addition (yes, the game's been really good ever since 2018).

Some people will always find something to complain about, but there are reasonable users like myself who have defended the line-up, when it deserved to be. I stand by what I said earlier: this overall package could have been better for a milestone such as 10 Years of Plus.

If you can't resist temptations on gambling then thats on YOU. Just cause a game has microtransactions in a game and "gambling" doesnt mean you have to participate. Also TLG and HZD are $20 so might as well just buy them. This is a really solid lineup and I am not getting anything but Erica. (Not interested in 2K, and already beat and 100% Rise.)

• Like 1

Alright so, I don't even know what's the sport called, basketball I think? So that should be a good reference point to my knowledge about it.

It's just, I saw people on PSNP that have 1,000+ ultra rare trophies, and they all come from these sport titles, so I'm partially intrigued: what's the trick? Are the games so hard only a sport fan that knows the ins and outs can plat it, or just retarded grinds to favor microtransactions? 

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Alright so, I don't even know what's the sport called, basketball I think? So that should be a good reference point to my knowledge about it.

It's just, I saw people on PSNP that have 1,000+ ultra rare trophies, and they all come from these sport titles, so I'm partially intrigued: what's the trick? Are the games so hard only a sport fan that knows the ins and outs can plat it, or just retarded grinds to favor microtransactions? 

How do you not know what basketball is? Lmao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

First question. You really never heard about Basketball? 

Second. Its cause those games usually take 1000 hours to get 100%

Edited by Vergil

9 minutes ago, Vergil said:

First question. You really never heard about Basketball? 

Second. It cause those games usually take 1000 hours to get 100%

To add to this, they are also super casual games. I'm pretty sure there are people who only play NBA games and maybe a few other big titles. They also have a two-year(?) lifespan before the servers are closed. Anyone that plays after those two years just make the trophies rarer.