Ty is back!!!

I got this as a birthday present for the Gamecube. I didn't even open it, I was too busy with Super Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario TTYD, and Kirby Air Ride among others. I just got this down for Dolphin, thinking it might be like Jak & Daxter. During a little sweep of PS3 trophy lists I might want, this just showed up. I'm so surprised! Now I'm waiting for this to show up on PSDeals to hit the notify button ^^

I'll be honest, thanks to that eye-roll inducing "I'm better than all these other lame-o videogame characters" commercial (the whole concept of which was dated the minute Bubsy came out) I just dismissed this as a late-in-the-game mascot knockoff wannabe, guaranteed to be forgotten like most other mascots who attempted the "Take THAT loser" approach.

But apparently he stuck with alot of people, so I guess I can finally see what the fuss is about. 

I never played the series but now I can hope into series soon. I donated to Kickstarter and I'm so excited to get the key and see my name in the credits. It's very likely the other Ty games will be remastered to consoles. Let's hope Krome Studios will continue the series! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ZoutjeNL said:

Finished this last year on Steam (Both ty 1 and 2) it was a great experience! They added the ''hardcore'' mode later (you can't die) which was not really that fun. Lets hope they won't add these. 

They are in the Ps4 version but the kickstarter said there wont be any trophies tied to it.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

They are in the Ps4 version but the kickstarter said there wont be any trophies tied to it.

I'm not sure whether to be relieved or disappointed by this. I think I would've liked a hardcore trophy for just finishing the game, but the 100% hardcore achievement on Steam seems insane without backing up saves a lot lol.

• Like 1

yeah, I remember the series, haven't played the original yet as it was among the super rare games in where I live back on the ps2, so when we finally got a ps2 the game was like vanished fromy stores, there's only the original Xbox version but at that time I didn't have an Xbox and couldn't even buy one.

but I did played 2 and 3, liked Fluffy so much!.... RIP my good Gal ?

Edited by yellowwindow7

I got it as a Christmas present as a kid years ago but didn't even finish the first level then it disappeared somewhere. A few years ago I remembered the game existed and bought the PS2 version to play it. Never got around to it and now I never will thanks to this release and my trophy hunting addiction. I will probably wait for it to go on sale before buying though due to that's usually what I do with digital games.