PS5 Backwards Compatibility - List of games with info

HusKy

Yes this something Sony needs to clarify. 

Ubisoft just announced that their games on this list. Like Assassin’s Creed Syndicate are actually not compatible with PS5. 

Sony's communication and vague messaging over their BC is getting really fucking frustrating. 

There were rumours about this quite some time ago, which was really disappointing to me as full backwards compatibility would have been the sole reason for me running out and buying a PS5 at launch/early in launch. I’ve since scrapped that plan, and this news just hardens my resolve to hold on to my PS4 indefinitely, even after purchasing the new system.

They're going by store info so I don't hold this in high regard until the actual console comes out and people actually test those games out. Not to mention Sony already said not every game would be emulated perfectly and bootable doesn't mean it's not compatible but might have additional errors but who knows what those could be.

6 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

Yes this something Sony needs to clarify. 

Ubisoft just announced that their games on this list. Like Assassin’s Creed Syndicate are actually not compatible with PS5. 

Sony's communication and vague messaging over their BC is getting really fucking frustrating. 

Ubisoft removed that announcement 

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

I wish Sony and Ubisoft would make their make their minds up as to what works and what doesn't ?.

Yeah, seems Ubisoft was a bit premature in their announcement 

• 3 weeks later...
On 31.10.2020 at 2:56 PM, DaivRules said:

Ubisoft removed that announcement 

Yeah, seems Ubisoft was a bit premature in their announcement 

but they were honest. i mean DF tested Syndicate and it have lightning flickering glitch. so, its not like really REALLY compatible after all

anyway i hope those things would be patched later

• Like 1

Just now, Voland44 said:

but they were honest. i mean DF tested Syndicate and it have lightning flickering glitch. so, its not like really REALLY compatible after all

anyway i hope those things would be patched later

I don't know who "DF" is. A "light flickering glitch" makes it not run on the PS5?

Ps2 Game Manhunt has flickering, still very playable though. All the other PS2 games I've tried are fine, so that is the gta 3 series, red faction, Bully, Wild Arms 3, Dark cloud, max payne and destroy all humans.

Just put all ps4 games on external and swap between consoles, it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my PS5 yesterday and was looking through my game library. I don't think anyone would be playing these now but the NBA 2K Prelude games are not playable on PS5. I think I remember reading somewhere that PS4 demo's weren't going to be playable on PS5 and I guess these count as PS4 Demo's even thought hey have trophies. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/11/2020 at 3:35 PM, snakebit10 said:

I just got my PS5 yesterday and was looking through my game library. I don't think anyone would be playing these now but the NBA 2K Prelude games are not playable on PS5. I think I remember reading somewhere that PS4 demo's weren't going to be playable on PS5 and I guess these count as PS4 Demo's even thought hey have trophies. 

2k pull the servers a year later so any online ones become unobtainable anyway.

On 2020-11-17 at 4:25 PM, HuntingFever said:

Has anyone had a chance to try out any of these games (especially the Play Link ones) to see just how incompatible they really are?

I tested a single game: Knowledge is Power. The game launches as planned, but what about the devices and app? Well, I couldn’t get the app connect to the console by normal means via the Wi-Fi router. Instead, I turned on the Wi-Fi Hotspot (which the console creates an access point, so the devices connects directly to the console) and it worked.

Neitherless to say, it should only works by turning on Wi-Fi Hotspot.

7 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I tested a single game: Knowledge is Power. The game launches as planned, but what about the devices and app? Well, I couldn’t get the app connect to the console by normal means via the Wi-Fi router. Instead, I turned on the Wi-Fi Hotspot (which the console creates an access point, so the devices connects directly to the console) and it worked.

Neitherless to say, it should only works by turning on Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Once again, Sony confirms they were talking out of their ass.

Dead Nation Apocalypse has crashing issues on the PS5. It's still fully playable with no flickering, save progress works and trophies pop as normal. It only seems to crash when backing out of menu's not while playing a level so if you can put up with that you can still platinum it on the PS5.

• Like 1