gamingboy79

[Debunked] My friend got banned from psn for trophy boosting on a rented server..

196 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Atoya said:

They honestly don’t give a damn, if you aren’t a hacker then you have are perfectly fine to boost battlefield


No you aren't, as again, its against EA Terms of Service, If You Don't get caught you're fine, but if you do then well you're done

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Still very odd, we've had rental servers since Battlefield 3 now and all it takes to ban you is one grumpy random to report you? Also, even though the server will be listed publicly you can just password protect it so no randoms join. And on all battlefield games they're going to care about PS3 Hardline?

 

Damn, just fix BFV gobbletrotter 

You can't password protect it if you want it to be ranked to earn trophies. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Atoya said:

They honestly don’t give a damn, if you aren’t a hacker then you are perfectly fine to boost battlefield



Activision would like to disagree with respawn beacons and headshot boosting in MW2 back in the day.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can't password protect it if you want it to be ranked to earn trophies. 

I stand corrected then, I was under the assumption that you could because I remember going through BF1 map-related trophies and being upset that the ones I needed were password protected, one of them even named after this site as it was rented by another boosting session at the time.

 

Although if they wanted to ban boosters it would be extremely easy to see who's boosting and who isn't through battlelog stats, or as someone said, could've just enforced anti-boosting measures as Ubisoft did in Far Cry 2, AC Revelations, etc.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aodir said:

I stand corrected then, I was under the assumption that you could because I remember going through BF1 map-related trophies and being upset that the ones I needed were password protected, one of them even named after this site as it was rented by another boosting session at the time.

 

Although if they wanted to ban boosters it would be extremely easy to see who's boosting and who isn't through battlelog stats, or as someone said, could've just enforced anti-boosting measures as Ubisoft did in Far Cry 2, AC Revelations, etc.

I don't know if it changed for BF1, but I rented servers in BF3 and 4, and you couldn't earn trophies if the server wasn't ranked, and you couldn't password protect the server if you wanted it to be ranked.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:


The main violation was kicking people from the server. That’s the real reason they were banned, not boosting. Your friend probably kicked enough people who Reported it that it warranted the ban. Especially if it was at the volume alluded to by someone that was actually a part of the server when it happened.

 

Unless you have a screenshot of the email from Sony explaining the ban or a recording of the call when they were told and you can share them here, you’re just repeating what you were told, but you don’t have first hand evidence yourself. 

 

Thank you. This thread was honestly making me paranoid. I boost trophies every now and then, though I know better than to do what OP's friend did.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gamingboy79 said:

I find this so bloody annoying I can't believe it. So me and a friend were boosting battlefield hardline kill related trophies and the he got banned for trophy boosting how is this even a thing!

Provide evidence or it didn't happen. Sorry mate, but stories like this came up as early as 2008 and basically turned into a meme. Due to my constant exchange with Sony's support I do have a pretty decent insight in their banning policies. This sounds rather unlikely.

You always receive an email from Sony when they suspend or ban you, always providing info about the reason and duration.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tempestad_cl said:

How sony knows you are boosting?

 

I don't think they can for sure especially if communication is done outside of their own system and that's why they don't really enforce the rules regarding just boosting. In this case however the booster(s) kicked people from a public server without a legit reason (you are only allowed to kick people that break the ToS as explained in previous messages.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Anke said:

Don't we all boost trophies though?

no

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Poramies said:

 

I don't think they can for sure especially if communication is done outside of their own system and that's why they don't really enforce the rules regarding just boosting. In this case however the booster(s) kicked people from a public server without a legit reason (you are only allowed to kick people that break the ToS as explained in previous messages.)

But the reason given was for boosting (exploiting). I'm not sure if it was mentioned if it's a perma ban or not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still hard to believe but if it's true, that's another reason to remove MP trophies. With all the potential glitches (like DC when you are supposed to get the trophy) and servers problems, if boosting is also a risk, better just get rid of it. You know already all the people with 100% on Overwatch should get insta-banned retroactively lol

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been reading this thread for a while and I want to add my 2 cents to it.

 

I don't know if OP's story is true or not, nor I know up to which extent Sony or EA are monitoring people boosting these very old games as to go out and ban someone so harshly for such reasons.

 

Anyways, what I wanted to say is that I recently boosted Battlefield 4 on PS3 with a close friend, both the Platinum and the 100% completion, and we found no problems whatsoever while we were boosting. We rented a number of private servers and boosted over a number of days. Any random that happened to come across our server would immediately get kicked so that they didn't interfere with our session. As to how many did we kick, I have no idea. At least a few dozen of them I can say.

 

We also boosted Battlefield Bad Company 2 not too long ago as well and found zero issues there whatsoever.

 

We actually have plans to boost the PS3 version of Battlefield Hardline somewhere around the first two weeks of November, but this thread is kind of giving me second thoughts about that. :hmm:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aodir said:

I stand corrected then, I was under the assumption that you could because I remember going through BF1 map-related trophies and being upset that the ones I needed were password protected, one of them even named after this site as it was rented by another boosting session at the time.

 

Although if they wanted to ban boosters it would be extremely easy to see who's boosting and who isn't through battlelog stats, or as someone said, could've just enforced anti-boosting measures as Ubisoft did in Far Cry 2, AC Revelations, etc.

The one used for this site if it was back in the Spring was my server and while some trophies can be earned that weren't kill specific ones on password protected servers. To earn kill trophies it must be public as passworded or changing the settings too much causes the server to lose official status then you no longer earn points, xp, kills etc.

 

(We also had some randoms joining that were griefing hard so I had to lock the servers a couple nights so they wouldn't cause anarchy when I wasn't on.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also banning for boosting can happen, happened in Back Ops 1, happened in Killzone 2 it happened pretty frequently in the past.

 

It's very rare now though it does happen still as online games have gotten to be a game of numbers in a way. And companies really don't want to sacrifice a player based over something as trivial as a  digital picture on your account.

 

With that said though in games like Overwatch, Rainbow Six: Siege and Fortnite people do get banned for boosting usually not from PSN for good over one case. But maybe from the particular game for a period. It also generally happens I see mostly on laddered or ranked modes where these companies stake the start of their professional or tournament leagues. (When CoD first introduced the clan league I can't even count how many people got banned for boosting trying to falsely obtain a high spot.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how many reports you would need for EA to look at your stats and what you are doing? I also rented a server in bf4 and banned / kicked some people. Might be getting paranoid here but just to make sure lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only one I remember was Star Hawk would reset your stats of you were caught boosting, i dont believe they would ban you though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xMaschs said:

Does anyone know how many reports you would need for EA to look at your stats and what you are doing? I also rented a server in bf4 and banned / kicked some people. Might be getting paranoid here but just to make sure lol


The right report to the right (meaning having-a-bad-day) EA employee could mean that number is just one. 
 

It’s a real dick move to kick/ban people just to boost on a rented server when you make it public. And that’s why it’s in their terms. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

It’s a real dick move to kick/ban people just to boost on a rented server when you make it public. And that’s why it’s in their terms. 

 

I know but I thought this was how people handled unwanted players on their servers. I got kicked / banned so many times already just for playing the gamemode on a small rented server.

Do you know how long EA usually takes to work on reports like that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's horseshit. so much is wrong with it. with everything going digital, consumers get fucked in the ass by cooperate TOS that are "sign your life over or you can't use this" . There needs to be a SONY account that you buy games from the store on, and can play them while logged into a linked psn account. trash losing stuff from a ban when you paid for the server. i've played and boosted battlefield with rented servers. i guess i'm lucky i wasn't banned because i'd kick people and if they had a problem, i'd tell them off. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

that's horseshit. so much is wrong with it. with everything going digital, consumers get fucked in the ass by cooperate TOS that are "sign your life over or you can't use this" . There needs to be a SONY account that you buy games from the store on, and can play them while logged into a linked psn account. trash losing stuff from a ban when you paid for the server. i've played and boosted battlefield with rented servers. i guess i'm lucky i wasn't banned because i'd kick people and if they had a problem, i'd tell them off. 


All of which is to say “Fuck you Sony”. 
 

There’s been a lot of stupid shit going on since Sony moved their headquarters to California.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Spaz said:


All of which is to say “Fuck you Sony”. 
 

There’s been a lot of stupid shit going on since Sony moved their headquarters to California.

yep. you need to be 18 for psn and to buy games. no need for them to moderate like we are their children. furthermore , if someone reported on hardline.... they saw the served was rented and not an EA one. if they wanted a game, they should have gone to a ...you know...lively ea server,.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

yep. you need to be 18 for psn and to buy games. no need for them to moderate like we are their children. furthermore , if someone reported on hardline.... they saw the served was rented and not an EA one. if they wanted a game, they should have gone to a ...you know...lively ea server,.


So a kid aged 17 going to high school and college part time, working part time can’t buy games off PSN?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.