The "Oh god the PS5 is coming out soon and I have so many PS3 games left" Event [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN]

I am working on my PS3 backlog completing this pass two years games like MGS2, Uncharted 2, TLOU, Bioshock 2, NFS Most Wanted, Flow, FLower, CoD MW3, Xcom EU, Trine, Far Cry 3, F1 Race Stars, Prototype 2 and now I'm finishing AC III.

This is my list to commplete (excluded some games that I cannot get any more trophy, and some of the list are currently unobtainable):

METAL GEAR SOLID 4    73%
Dead Space 2    69%
Grand Theft Auto IV    60%
Batman: Arkham City    60%
Alice: Madness Returns    51%
BioShock Infinite    37%
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE    19%
Call of Duty: Black Ops II    18%
Bulletstorm    16%
VANQUISH    8%
Puppeteer    7%
Quantum Conundrum    6%
DmC Devil May Cry    6%
Dead Space 3    6%
SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD    5%
Just Cause 2    5%
Remember Me    5%
Crysis2    4%
KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories    4%
Starhawk    3%
CATHERINE    2%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution    2%
Sleeping Dogs    2%
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record    2%
Metro: Last Light    1%
Mortal Kombat    1%
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning    1%
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    1%
Darksiders II    1%

Unobtainable are Darksiders II, Crysys 2, Mortal Kombat, Scott Pilgrim (hope will be relisted with all DLC...), BulletStorm (too much trouble to get 100% with this game I think), Starhawk. Other games seems too hard like Vanquish, Catherine, MGR, Quantum Conundrum... And some of them need Online coordination like BOII, Dead Rising 2, GTA IV...

So I don't know what game will be next after ACIII.

As you can see, 24 games of the list are PSPlus games, PSPlus is a curse hahaha

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 3

Wow! It's December already! It's nice to see there's still a good number of participants for this event. I have not made a stunning amount of progress since last time (which I blame on Assassin's Creed: Syndicate and Middle-Earth: Shadow of War), but I've got:

Anna: Extended Edition (Unstarted) -> 100%
Hyperdimension Neptunia [48%] -> [61%]

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record [54%] -> [72%]

X-Men: Destiny (Unstarted) -> [62%]

Making my total progress for the event:

Spoiler

Anna: Extended Edition (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Unstarted) -> [72%]
Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires [95%] -> [100%][Plat]
Hyperdimension Neptunia [48%] -> [61%]
Mass Effect 3 [80%] - > [81%]
X-Men: Destiny (Unstarted) -> [62%]

I hesitate to guess where I'll be in January, since last month I said I'd keep playing Mass Effect 3 and then didn't touch the game, but I'm going to try looking for a partner for the Dead Rising 2: Off The Record co-op trophies and see where that takes me.

16 hours ago, Copanele said:

snip

You got a lot of work ahead of you. Braid won’t be easy, neither will Catherine and Mirrors Edge.

15 hours ago, MMDE said:

The PSN store is just anti-PS3 atm, and that's super frustrating. Sony losing sales based on it for sure.

That’s exactly why I made that status update the other night. It will say “an error has occurred” and won’t confirm the purchase.

My list( working on):

1)Doom BFG Edition(Currently playing).

2)Rage.

3)Resident evil: Darkside Chronicles.

4)Riddick.

5)Battlefantasia.

Left to do on ps3(not started)

1) Spec ops: the line.

2) Deadpool.

3) Killzone 1.

5) Dishonored.

6) Wet.

7) Fuse.

8) Max payne 3.

9) Alien vs predator.

10) Azuras Wrath.

11) Brink.

12) Eat Lead.

13) Bionic Comando.

14) Killer is Dead.

15) Fallout 3

16) Fallout New vegas.

17) Never Dead.

18) Painkiller:Hell & Damnation.

19) Damnation.

On VITA i have:

1) RE: Revelations 2(one episode left)

2) Killzone: Mercenaries.

(Not checked if any of these are unatttainable. But this is the complete list that i have left on ps3, and i should be done atleast by end of 2022. Thats what im aming for atleast. 

3 launch games will pause me in 2021 from doing ps3 and thats cyberpunk, RE8 and Returnal on ps5.

Rest of the year is only Ps3.

i think ill manage to complete atleast 15 of these by November 2021.

• Like 2

What can I say, if I put a list on here, it would probably take up 3 whole web pages. Some games I’m finally realizing were only ever on the EU store. Because there’s always an error trying to use my card to pay for my main account on the console, I might just start buying wallet cards from Costco ($100 card for $90 I think) and add them through the app. It sucks the old PSN store access thread is turning up with completely terminated storefronts. Two words are thrown around and not until now am I internalizing them. Anti. Consumer ._.

At least I know to put off shared trophy list games for the VITA or even better the PS4 since the PS5 is basically extending the lifespan of the entire library by a whole generation. If my PS3 library is even done by then.

Wondering if I should probably do the PS3 versions of Tales of Vesperia, Dragon Quest Heroes, and Star Ocean 5 first, despite them being in Japanese ? 

Edited by EqualityEarth

I managed to finish Transistor, Sleeping Dogs and Lost Dimension

Teslagrad was enjoyable but platformers were never my favourite genre. Boss fights were a jump in difficulty but once you knew how they went, they were not so bad. If you like 2D platformers, you will probably enjoy this.

Sleeping Dogs was great. The game still holds up well and was a blast to play. It is like a more unique GTA. I had to grind for Triad XP near the end but it was not too bad. They remastered it for PS4 and I would definetely recommend it to people. It is on sale for 4.50 at the moment on psn.

Lost Dimension was a lot of fun. It is a SRPG where you have to find the traitors in your party as you climb a giant tower. The unique thing with Lost Dimensions is that the traitors are chosen randomly at the beginning of a playthrough. You do need two playthroughs for the full story as some plot points don't become available until new game +

I am playing Prototype 2 and Rune Factory Oceans at the moment.

My ps3 list on process :

NBA 2K12 ( %20) - max will be %66 (mp unobtainable)

PES 2012 ( %27) - max will be %88 (mp unobtainable)

THE LAST OF US (%33) - max will be around %60 (mp unobtainable)

GUITAR HERO METALLICA (%37) - not sure about max percantage (mp unobtainable)

GUITAR HERO WARRIORS OF ROCK ( %72) - not sure about max percantage (mp unobtainable)

PES 2015 ( %85) - I missed one online trophy, it will be around %97 :/

CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS ( %57) - will be %100

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV (%50) - can be %100 but it is really hard.

METRO LAST LIGHT ( %64) - will be %100

not started but I've plan to start  : 

HEAVY RAIN

SONIC UNLEASHED 

PROTYPE 2

BEYOND TWO SOULS

after receiving all the trophies that can be obtaianble, my ps3 can be retired, but it will never close due to super street fighter IV. lol

Edited by seyhano

Playing recently Borderlands and Borderlands Pre Sequel. The first i have it at 74% and only i need reaching level 50 with a character to grab the platinum. With Pre Sequel, i'm chipping away at some missions and the last trophy i got was "I shot the Meriff" like 6 days ago (Job got me these days but hopefully my schedule releases a bit and i have more time to spare here in the console).

Today I became a PS3 game to add to my Unstarted Games:
Aquanaut's Holiday: 隠された記録 (Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories)

Finished games: (1 game)
1. WRC 2 (82% - 40/51 trophies / 11 trophies discontinued) [17-11-2020]

Unstarted Games: (41 games)
Absolute Supercars
Aquanaut's Holiday: 隠された記録 (Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories) [new]
Assassin's Creed II
Cars: Race-O-Rama
デートアライブ-凜祢ユートピア (Date A Live: Rinne Utopia)
デートアライブ-或守インストール (Date A Live: Arusu Install)
DiRT 2
DiRT 3
DiRT Showdown
F1 2010
F1 2011
F1 2012
F1 2013
F1 2014
Ferrari Challenge
Ferrari The Race Experience
Germany's next Topmodel 2011
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 6
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
ISインフィニットストラトス2-イグニッションハーツ (Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts)
Le Tour de France 2013: 100th Edition
MotoGP 09/10
MotoGP 10/11
MotoGP 13
MX Vs. ATV: Alive
NASCAR 14
Need for Speed: Undercover
Rayman Origins
Schlag den Raab: Das 2. Spiel
Schlag den Raab: Das 3. Spiel
真-流行り神 (Shin Hayarigami)
Sonic Generations
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Supercar Challenge
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends
The Smurfs 2
Trivial Pursuit
XBlaze Code: Embryo (EU)

Edited by microsamm
  • Like 2

Update I – 04.12.2020 – 2/18 completed 

ToeJam & Earl (100%) ✅ https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1743-toejam-earl

ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron (100%) ✅ https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1747-toejam-earl-in-panic-on-funkotron 

The first games I completed are the two SEGA Genesis classics from 1991 and 1993 both available as SEGA Classic-Port for 4,99€. ToeJam and Earl is way better in my opinion than its successor and also a lot easier and faster to complete. Both games have a very unique style which has aged very well, especially the music. The gameplay is terrible and extremely frustrating – pretty much the definition of clunky. Also in 2019 there was a new game released after almost 30 years: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8771-toejam-earl-back-in-the-groove.  I'm pretty disappointed with those two games and I really do not recommend starting them:

ToeJam & Earl: Difficulty: 3/10; Time to Complete: 5-6h; Fun-Factor: 3/10

ToeJam & Earl 2: Difficulty: 4/10; Time to Complete: 10h; Fun-Factor: 2/10

Overall a minor first update for me but I didn't really had much time the past few weeks. Next I'll be playing Split/Second and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. 

Backlog: 

Spoiler

- Split/Second 

- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (100%)

- 3D Dot Game Heros

- Fallout 3 

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution

- METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE

- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 

- Dead Space 2

- Demons Souls 

- Cathrine

- Remember Me

- Silent Hill Downpour 

- Hard Corps: Uprising (100%)

- ToeJam & Earl (100%) ✅

- ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron (100%) ✅

- R-Type Demensions (100%)

- Bionic Commando: Rearmed (100%)

- Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 (100%)

@SpaceCoresDad One more thing I was thinking about is, how PS4 remasters of PS3 games are treated in this challenge. For example Sniper Elite V2 and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit had been in my PS3-backlog for ages but since there is a PS4 remastered I moved it over there. Do we count games like this or not? I was just wondering... 

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 2

Zuma - 90%

God of War - 82%

Kingdom Hearts - 52%

Kingdom Hearts II - 55%

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes - 57%

Tales of Symphonia -  52% -->  Now 76%

Ateiler Rorona - 14%

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny - 11%

Resonance of Fate - 10%

Okay, only one trophy here but this one is worth an update.  I FINALLY GOT ALL OF LLOYD'S TITLES!!!!!

No really, it is worth the all caps because his titles appear to be the main reason why the game is given a 7/10 plat difficulty.  Between the Gung Ho title requiring a low level run and getting through about 2/3rds of the game at incredibly low levels to not have a total over 145 and his terrible minigames, yeah his titles are very annoying.  To get an idea of how low that requirement is, normally one would be around 180-200 total in levels for your party around then.  I was at just below 120 when I got it.  Also, the Uncle minigame is one of the most annoying I've played, and this is coming from someone who has the FFX plat and dealt with the chocobo racing ones.  How the minigame works is you get five stages of old guys doing a race.  It starts off with two and goes up to six.  You have to watch them for what place they finish at and then pick them out from a group of men that has a bunch of guys who weren't in the race and get the order and who participated right.  Then after finishing that you get to do five more stages of the same at higher speeds.  On top of this, you have a time limit to pick out the right ones and the controls suck because very often it would talk to the guy next to the one I was intending to talk to and I'd be counted wrong.  And then if you failed, the NPC who ran the game would say how you're bad at it.  Thanks game, really needed that with something frustrating.  Anyway, it's done and all the remains is easy titles that just have picky unlock requirements.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Okay, only one trophy here but this one is worth an update.  I FINALLY GOT ALL OF LLOYD'S TITLES!!!!!

No really, it is worth the all caps because his titles appear to be the main reason why the game is given a 7/10 plat difficulty.  Between the Gung Ho title requiring a low level run and getting through about 2/3rds of the game at incredibly low levels to not have a total over 145 and his terrible minigames, yeah his titles are very annoying.  To get an idea of how low that requirement is, normally one would be around 180-200 total in levels for your party around then.  I was at just below 120 when I got it.  Also, the Uncle minigame is one of the most annoying I've played, and this is coming from someone who has the FFX plat and dealt with the chocobo racing ones.  How the minigame works is you get five stages of old guys doing a race.  It starts off with two and goes up to six.  You have to watch them for what place they finish at and then pick them out from a group of men that has a bunch of guys who weren't in the race and get the order and who participated right.  Then after finishing that you get to do five more stages of the same at higher speeds.  On top of this, you have a time limit to pick out the right ones and the controls suck because very often it would talk to the guy next to the one I was intending to talk to and I'd be counted wrong.  And then if you failed, the NPC who ran the game would say how you're bad at it.  Thanks game, really needed that with something frustrating.  Anyway, it's done and all the remains is easy titles that just have picky unlock requirements.

I agree that gung ho is an annoying title, I tried to get it using combo xp keeping my party at low lvls first and having Genis dead for the most part but it made the game alot harder at first and annoying cause dead characters get revived after every little story scene. Also once you unlock the higher skills you get huge combos if you want or not and get alot of xp anyway.

Didnt bother with 1/2 xp as that sounded even more annoying. Eventually i went for normal xp and if a character would get killed in a boss battle i wouldnt revive them so they dont get xp. In the end i had 144 combined lvl before beating the boss and got the title.

The uncle minigame i remember not being that bad, you can pause the game by pressing the ps button and write down in which order they come from to make it easier but i have had it too that i wanted to pick the right guy and it would talk to the wrong one cause they were so close to each other.

Imo the red light, green light minigame was harder as i had to press x insanely fast in the 3rd round to win, the first 2 rounds i could win consistently but the 3rd was hard.

7 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

I agree that gung ho is an annoying title, I tried to get it using combo xp keeping my party at low lvls first and having Genis dead for the most part but it made the game alot harder at first and annoying cause dead characters get revived after every little story scene. Also once you unlock the higher skills you get huge combos if you want or not and get alot of xp anyway.

Didnt bother with 1/2 xp as that sounded even more annoying. Eventually i went for normal xp and if a character would get killed in a boss battle i wouldnt revive them so they dont get xp. In the end i had 144 combined lvl before beating the boss and got the title.

The uncle minigame i remember not being that bad, you can pause the game by pressing the ps button and write down in which order they come from to make it easier but i have had it too that i wanted to pick the right guy and it would talk to the wrong one cause they were so close to each other.

Imo the red light, green light minigame was harder as i had to press x insanely fast in the 3rd round to win, the first 2 rounds i could win consistently but the 3rd was hard.

I did 1/2 xp because I never really got enough of a hang of doing combos that combo xp would have been even worse than 1/2 xp.  1/2 xp isn't bad at all if you combine it with 30 items and carrying over gald and EX gems along with carrying over artes and arte usage.  I gave everyone life and/or spirit up the moment they joined the party and by the time I got to Rodyle their HPs and TPs were about as high as they would have been at that point anyhow, but the main point of doing that was to ensure Raine wouldn't need to constantly be tossed gels and could actually use healing artes enough.  Now that I'm further in and have items to regen Raine's TP and increase her max (she has 600+ and I'm still not even at level 40) it's not bad at all except for a few bosses that just generally suck but those sucked so far in every run.  Only new battle that was tricky was actually that random coliseum battle you have to do to get the Blue Candle since it's solo and no items can be used.  Won that after many tries by using Lloyd and spamming Sonic Thrust.  Makes me kind of dread that later solo battle in Torrent Forest, but since I can use items there I should be fine.  Only a few dungeons away from the Flanoir scene so I'll get the item book trophy along with Regal, Zelos and Sheena's last titles soon and then all that remains is a quick run at 10x xp for Genis and Presea's last titles and the plat is mine. 

The Uncle game was a bit annoying because pressing the PS button doesn't really help that much since the menu blocks most of your ability to see them and especially which numbers.  What I found worked was to write down which uncles were present in a spreadsheet at the beginning when you have unlimited time if you don't advance the dialog and then as the race went on I just had to type their place under the names I gave.  The last round was hard because I'd usually miss seeing 2 and had a 50/50 shot at guessing and would guess wrong.  Eventually I only missed one and didn't talk to the wrong dudes.  I think overall what annoyed me more about this one compared to red light green light was the fact that the NPC would be all "I didn't know you'd be so bad at this!" because that just seemed to make it more frustrating.  Red light green light was annoying, but I also don't really like children much and it seemed kind of dumb for someone as mature as Genis to be playing games with bratty children.  All the minigames were terrible to be honest and it probably doesn't help that I never was very fond of Symphonia and me getting the plat is more so people can no longer say I didn't give the game a fair chance when I express my dislike of it.  More Tales of games should have trophy lists like Hearts R and Zestiria that are doable in a bit over 1 run, but easier in 2, none of this you need four playthroughs just because you have to make a different choice at this late game scene to get a few minute extra scene and a title.

• Like 1

Well after seven years and two weeks, I finally platinumed Borderlands 2 (knocked out a DLC too, heck yeah!). I'm also hoping to knock out two of the Assassin's Creed games on my list before starting Valhalla in January. I'm dead set on getting to 130 platinums this year; only a few more weeks left so we'll see!

I think I'm also gonna track the trophies I get and my hopefully increasing completion percentage on my profile because I'm a dork and data is cool.

Trophies Earned in Event: :platinum::gold::silver::bronze:3

Current Profile Completion Percentage: 80.17%

Spoiler

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 81%

--Da Vinci Disappearance 84%

Assassin's Creed III 85%

--The Tyranny of King Washington Episode 1: The Infamy 0%

--The Tyranny of King Washington Episode 2: The Betrayal 0%

--The Tyranny of King Washington Episode 3: The Redemption 0%

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag 94%

Assassin's Creed Revelations 94%

--The Lost Archive 38%

Batman: Arkham Asylum 67%

Batman: Arkham City 68%

--Harley PDLC 0%

Bayonetta 37%

Bioshock Infinite 51%

--Burial at Sea Episode 1 0%

--Burial at Sea Episode 2 0%

Borderlands

--Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot 0%

--The Secret Armory of General Knoxx 58%

Borderlands 2 :platinum:

--Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty 1f4af.png

--Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage 11%

--Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt 33%

--Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep 61%

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel 11%

Brutal Legend 72%

--Hammer of Infinite Fate 44%

Dragon Age

--The Golems of Amgarrak 66%

--Witch Hunt 75%

Dragon Age: Inquisition 84%

God of War 81%

God of War II 85%

God of War III 64%

Ico 3%

inFamous 64%

Just Cause 2 8%

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 10%

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories 84%

LA Noire 24%

--A Slip of the Tongue 0%

--The Naked City 0%

--Nicholson Electroplating 0%

--Reefer Madness 0%

Mass Effect 55%

Mass Effect 2 88%

--Arrival 0%

Mass Effect 3 71%

--From Ashes 0%

--Leviathan 0%

--Omega 0%

--Citadel 0%

Papo & Yo 0%

The Cave 55%

Watch Dogs 7%

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 1

Finally, I got a game on the board... Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends

1Lf6ae24.png

I had fun with this, like I posted before, it's been quite a while since I played a DW game.

I cheesed some of the stages with the flute/fan setup especially on the harder stages.

I feel like I could have done them without that but it saved me some time and maybe some frustration.

This game had some unnecessary grind at the end, with everything done I still needed to clear 400+ stages for 1 trophy (1000 stages).

I clocked in just above 100 hours in the end.

I think my next game will be Skylanders: Swap Force. A trophy became unobtainable earlier this year but I got it just before that so I should be good. Now, I have an embarrassingly large collection of Skylanders and I prefer to have them out all over the place when I get some time off from work (which won't be for another 2 weeks). That's why I'm going to wait a little to start on it. Meanwhile I promised my siblings to play some PS4 games with them to fill in that gap but starting next year I really want to tackle my PS3 games hard, mainly with the heavy hitters I got.

List:

Reveal hidden contents

Disc:

• Blood Drive (15%)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Dragon Age II
  • Dynasty Warrior 6: Empires
  • Dynasty Warrior 7: Extreme Legends (100%)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  • Falling Skies: The Game
  • Farming Simulator
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (NTS)
  • LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
  • Mafia II
  • Medal of Honor: Airborne (NTS)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2
  • Metal Gear Solid 3
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (17%)
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (NTS)
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Resistance 3
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Silent Hill Downpour
  • Skylanders Swap Force (8%)
  • Skylanders Trap Team
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  • Yakuza Dead Souls

Digital:

• Darksiders
  • Darksiders 2 (UP)
  • Dead Space: Extraction
  • Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn
  • Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (OT)
  • Minecraft
  • Monster Jam: Battlegrounds
  • Rainbow Moon
  • Ratchet: Deadlocked
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (NTS)
  • Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
  • Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (NTS)
  • The House of Dead 3
  • Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 (NTS)
  • Zombie Driver HD

PS+:

• Mugen Souls Z
  • Port Royale 3
  • Risen 3: Titan Lords
  • SteinsGate
  • Yakuza 5
  • Zone of The Enders 2

NTS: No Trophy Support

UP: Unobtainable Plat

OT: Online Trophy

In Progress

Finished

Finished: 1/56 + 0/6 (no trophies)

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 4:45 PM, SpaceCoresDad said:

Everyone has been added and stuff has been updated! Best of luck to the newcomers, and I hope things go well! As another note, I didn't count games that don't have trophies, since those are tough to count.

In that case I updated my counter, should be easier to track. Also added a game which I just got: Farming Simulator.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

5 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

In that case I updated my counter, should be easier to track. Also added a game which I just got: Farming Simulator.

By the way, Tales of Symphonia Chroncles has two games with separate trophy lists included in it.  Not sure if you plan on playing Dawn of the New World or not, but if you are you may want to list that separately like you have FFX and X-2.  If not, it may be better to make it clearer and just list Tales of Symphonia.  Of course I wouldn't blame you in the least for wanting to save those for later since they are both 100+ hour long UR plats.

Also how is Dynasty Warriors?  Only game like that I've played is Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes, but sounds like DW is a bit less of a grind since Sengoku Basara is a 200+ hour plat.  Is it fun?  Any online required trophies?

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

By the way, Tales of Symphonia Chroncles has two games with separate trophy lists included in it.  Not sure if you plan on playing Dawn of the New World or not, but if you are you may want to list that separately like you have FFX and X-2.  If not, it may be better to make it clearer and just list Tales of Symphonia.  Of course I wouldn't blame you in the least for wanting to save those for later since they are both 100+ hour long UR plats.

Also how is Dynasty Warriors?  Only game like that I've played is Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes, but sounds like DW is a bit less of a grind since Sengoku Basara is a 200+ hour plat.  Is it fun?  Any online required trophies?

Oh snap, you're right. I completely forgot there was a second game to Symphonia. Yes I do want to play both. Corrected now.

As for DW, well it's what you'd expect from a mindless hack n' slash/musou game. If you're not into it, it's going to be pretty boring and repetitive. Haven't heard of Sengoku Basara but after looking it up I can say the gameplay is pretty similar but definitely not as long (still a grind). DW7XL is more of an expansion to DW7 and I probably wouldn't recommend starting with 7XL like I did (my DW7 disc was damaged). Most of the DW games have no online trophies but you can play online.

16 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I did 1/2 xp because I never really got enough of a hang of doing combos that combo xp would have been even worse than 1/2 xp.  1/2 xp isn't bad at all if you combine it with 30 items and carrying over gald and EX gems along with carrying over artes and arte usage.  I gave everyone life and/or spirit up the moment they joined the party and by the time I got to Rodyle their HPs and TPs were about as high as they would have been at that point anyhow, but the main point of doing that was to ensure Raine wouldn't need to constantly be tossed gels and could actually use healing artes enough.  Now that I'm further in and have items to regen Raine's TP and increase her max (she has 600+ and I'm still not even at level 40) it's not bad at all except for a few bosses that just generally suck but those sucked so far in every run.  Only new battle that was tricky was actually that random coliseum battle you have to do to get the Blue Candle since it's solo and no items can be used.  Won that after many tries by using Lloyd and spamming Sonic Thrust.  Makes me kind of dread that later solo battle in Torrent Forest, but since I can use items there I should be fine.  Only a few dungeons away from the Flanoir scene so I'll get the item book trophy along with Regal, Zelos and Sheena's last titles soon and then all that remains is a quick run at 10x xp for Genis and Presea's last titles and the plat is mine. 

The Uncle game was a bit annoying because pressing the PS button doesn't really help that much since the menu blocks most of your ability to see them and especially which numbers.  What I found worked was to write down which uncles were present in a spreadsheet at the beginning when you have unlimited time if you don't advance the dialog and then as the race went on I just had to type their place under the names I gave.  The last round was hard because I'd usually miss seeing 2 and had a 50/50 shot at guessing and would guess wrong.  Eventually I only missed one and didn't talk to the wrong dudes.  I think overall what annoyed me more about this one compared to red light green light was the fact that the NPC would be all "I didn't know you'd be so bad at this!" because that just seemed to make it more frustrating.  Red light green light was annoying, but I also don't really like children much and it seemed kind of dumb for someone as mature as Genis to be playing games with bratty children.  All the minigames were terrible to be honest and it probably doesn't help that I never was very fond of Symphonia and me getting the plat is more so people can no longer say I didn't give the game a fair chance when I express my dislike of it.  More Tales of games should have trophy lists like Hearts R and Zestiria that are doable in a bit over 1 run, but easier in 2, none of this you need four playthroughs just because you have to make a different choice at this late game scene to get a few minute extra scene and a title.

I really liked Symphonia since it was more then 10 years ago i played it on Gamecube but 4 playthroughs was a bit too much especially since you cant skip cutscenes.

Luckily the later playthroughs were faster cause i knew where to go and could carry almost everything over, but some dungeons were so boring and annoying. (looking at Temple of Darkness)

For the solo fight in Torent forest i used to spam rising falcon, if you do it right you should be able to beat him in like 12 attacks and barely get hit but you might have to use some gels to restore TP.

My next Tales game probably will be Dawn of the New World or Vesperia but i heard Vesperia is same difficulty as Symphonia and has annoying minigames too. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 1:49 AM, OBSTINATIO said:

One more thing I was thinking about is, how PS4 remasters of PS3 games are treated in this challenge. For example Sniper Elite V2 and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit had been in my PS3-backlog for ages but since there is a PS4 remastered I moved it over there. Do we count games like this or not? I was just wondering... 

This is a good question! I'm actually going to say no, PS4 remasters of PS3 games do not count for the sake of this event. At least to me, the point of it was to get all of the things to play on the PS3 itself out of the way, and perhaps finally retire that system before Sony has a chance to rip it away from us. Remasters are great, because they keep great games updated for current tech, but that's not what this event is for. Congrats on your plat by the way!

Speaking of, I got another one myself!

1L9c2deb.png

X-Blades

To be honest, I expected this to be a lot worse than it was. The graphics, while not great, were fine for a low-budget game made in 2007, and the gameplay wasn't too bad either! The main character's outfit was completely ridiculous, but the hacking and slashing was decent, and really, there's not much more you can hope for from that. I'd probably be mad if I paid full price for this, but considering I got it from a Gamestop for like 8 bucks, it's hard to complain.

COMPLETED GAMES

1. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
2. Prison Break
3. Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories
4. Mindjack.
5. X-Blades

Shoutout to @microsamm for getting a copy of Aquanaut's Holiday by the way. I hope you enjoy it!

Edited by SpaceCoresDad
  • Like 3

I've been dreading the eventual shutdown of the PS3 servers so this seems like a good thing to work on.  I marked the ones with multiplayer that I still need to do and the ones with DLC for 100% that hasn't been delisted.  Man this is intimidating.

Started: 

3D Dot Game Heroes - 4%
Abyss Odyssey - 80%
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - 32% - Multiplayer
Alice: Madness Returns - 44%
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 67% - Multiplayer
Assassin's Creed III - 47% - Multiplayer
Assassin's Creed Revelations - 41% - Multiplayer
Asura's Wrath - 29%
Awesomenauts - 9% - Multiplayer
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 78%
Batman: Arkham City - 47%
Batman: Arkham Origins - 5% - Multiplayer
Battlefield 3 - 10% - Multiplayer
Bayonetta - 37%
Beyond Good & Evil HD - 4%
Beyond: Two Souls - 59%
Binary Doman - 50% - Multiplayer
BioShock - 61%
BioShock 2 - 67% - Multiplayer
BioShock Infinite - 38%
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - 2% - Multiplayer
Blood Knights - 30%
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - 75% - DLC
Braid - 63%
Brutal Legend - 31% - Multiplayer
Burn Zombie Burn! - 63%
Call of Duty Classic - 55%
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - 21% - Multiplayer
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - 9%
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse - 57%
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - 5%
Catherine - 7%
Closure - 9%
Costume Quest - 61% - DLC
Cross Edge - 7%
Dante's Inferno - 83% - DLC
Dark Souls - 28%
Dark Void - 36%
Darksiders II - 72%
Dead Nation - 12%
Dead Rising 2 - 15% - Multiplayer
Dead Space 2 - 56%
Dead Space 3 - 39%
Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 8% - Multiplayer
Deadpool - 44%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 85% - DLC
Dishonored - 6%
DJ Hero - 5%
DmC Devil May Cry - 25%
Dragons Crown - 18%
Drakengard 3 - 11%
DuckTales: Remastered - 66%
Duke Nukem Forever - 59%
Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - 47%
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 - 34%
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - 22% - Multiplayer
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - 86%
Eat Them! - 14%
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron - 35%
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - 65%
Fallout: New Vegas - 53% - DLC
Far Cry 2 - 20% - Multiplayer
fl0w - 13%
Flower - 42%
From Dust - 9%
God of War: Ascension - 64%
Grand Theft Auto IV - 47% - Multiplayer
Hard Corps: Uprising - 4%
Hoard - 4% - Multiplayer
Hotline Miami - 4%
Hydrophobia - 60%
I Am Alive - 9%
Inversion - 7% - Multiplayer
Jak II - 27%
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 4%
Katamari Forever - 13%
Killer is Dead - 0%
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - 7%
L.A. Noire - 63%
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 14%
LittleBigPlanet - 47% - Multiplayer
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 5% - Multiplayer
LittleBigPlanet Karting - 10% - Multiplayer
Lollipop Chainsaw - 31%
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers - 10%
Medal of Honor Warfighter - 38% - Multiplayer
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - 28%
Metro: Last Light - 43%
Mirror's Edge - 23%
Mushroom Wars - 3% - Multiplayer
No More Heroes: Hero's Paradise - 30%
Outland - 4%
Penny Arcade Adventures: OTRSPOD Ep 1 - 14%
Plants vs Zombies - 9%
Prince of Persia - 84% - DLC
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 18%
Prototype - 25%
Quantum Conundrum - 3%
Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic - 71%
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - 62%
Red Dead Redemption - 40% - Multiplayer
Remember Me - 44%
Renegade Ops - 13%
Resistance 3 - 38%
Resogun - 34%
Resonance of Fate - 32%
Rochard - 4%
Saints Row IV - 66%
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 17%
Segoku Basara: Samurai Heroes - 44%
Shadow of the Collossus - 3%
Shank - 47%
Shank 2 - 4%
Shatter - 71%
Sleeping Dogs - 75% - DLC
Sly 2: Band of Thieves - 47%
SoulCalibur V - 22% - Multiplayer
Spec Ops: The Line - 50%
Sports Champions - 13%
Stacking - 67%
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 59%
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - 30%
Stealth Inc - 2%
Steredenn - 15%
Super Motherload - 9%
Syndicate - 24% - Multiplayer
The Cave - 5%
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - 50% - Multiplayer
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 69% - DLC
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 4%
Thief - 12%
Tokyo Jungle - 23%
Tomb Raider - 34% - Multiplayer
Tomb Raider: Underworld - 5%
Trine - 28%
Trine 2 - 38%
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late - 20%
Vanquish - 47%
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - 35% - Multiplayer
Watchmen: The End is Nigh - 33%
Way of the Samurai 3 - 5%
X-Blades - 10%
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 7%
Zombie Driver HD - 2%
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge - 2% - Multiplayer

Haven't Started:

Anarchy Reigns
Assassin's Creed Rogue
DJ Hero 2
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
Hunted: The Demon's Forge
Lord Of The Rings: War In The North - Multiplayer
Mayhem 3D - Multiplayer
Metal Gear Rising: Revengenace    
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Neverdead - Multiplayer
Nier
Rage
Red Faction: Armageddon    
Shadows of the Damned
Silent Hill Downpour
Spider-Man: Edge of Time
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Tales of Xillia
The House Of The Dead Overkill Extended Cut    
Thor: God of Thunder
Time Crisis: Razing Storm
Wet    
Wolfenstein
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Yakuza: Dead Souls
Zone of Enders HD Collection

Another game crossed from the PS3 list : Duke Nukem Forever

1. Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor - :platinum: 

2. Duke Nukem Forever :platinum: + 100% completed

3. The King of Fighters XIII - 91% completed

4. Darkstalkers Resurrection - 47% completed

5. Braid - 89% completed

6. Batman : Arkham Origins - 14% completed

7. Catherine - 1% completed

8. Mirror's Edge - 48% completed

9. Bioshock Infinite - 1% completed

What a trash this game was. Looked like crap, worked like crap, with crap moments... the whole thing. Good part is that it's all done and closed and I have no more stupid games to do.

7 games left. I technically have Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 and 2 bought as well, but I don't think I will have the energy to do those anymore. I will complete whatever I have left and it's probably time to retire the PS3. Poor old fella can't handle games too well lately. No surprise, after Skyrim, Shadow of Mordor and Duke Nukem I am amazed the console still functions.

5 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Shoutout to @microsamm for getting a copy of Aquanaut's Holiday by the way. I hope you enjoy it!

I had Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories on my radar,
but I wasn't sure to buy, because of the 17,94% Platinum rarity.
Your completion encouraged me to buy this for $23 from Japan.
Later I noticed, that you played the Asian Version in English. ?
If it's too difficult to play in japanese, I try to play it with a YouTube Let's Play video of the Asian Version in English.

Edited by microsamm

11 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

My next Tales game probably will be Dawn of the New World or Vesperia but i heard Vesperia is same difficulty as Symphonia and has annoying minigames too. 

I got the Vesperia 100% on Xbox 360, it's nowhere near as annoying as Symphonia, though I can't comment on Patty and Flynn's titles, but I can say that 175 hours for it is probably an underestimate, the 100% took me more like 200+ hours.  Vesperia's difficulty is mostly because of the secret missions on every boss, which is also the majority of your trophies.

11 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

As for DW, well it's what you'd expect from a mindless hack n' slash/musou game. If you're not into it, it's going to be pretty boring and repetitive. Haven't heard of Sengoku Basara but after looking it up I can say the gameplay is pretty similar but definitely not as long (still a grind). DW7XL is more of an expansion to DW7 and I probably wouldn't recommend starting with 7XL like I did (my DW7 disc was damaged). Most of the DW games have no online trophies but you can play online.

Sengoku Basara from what I've heard is Samurai Warriors, but much cheesier and campier.  Everything is so over the top in the game.  It's been pretty fun and I only paused on the plat because I was getting burnt out on the 4 playthroughs as each hero grind.  I'm about a third of the way done with that.  I was actually thinking about getting DW8 for Vita since grindy games are a lot more bearable to me on Vita but a game having online always makes me wary since those often have trophies for it and that's one of my very few hard nos trophy wise so it's good to know no online trophies!

Edit: And an update from me, finally done with my third playthrough of Symphonia now and it's up to 94% completion.  Just one run left to go for my last two titles and trophies now.

Edited by ladynadiad

PS3 Backlog Update #1

On my list I'm not including Diablio III since I have no intention of achieving the platinum and Dragonball Xenoverse and Beyond Two Souls I don't even own.  I might try to pick up the later from someone I know who owns it, we'll see.

After joining this event I decided to go back to work on Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep since I was very close to finishing it but got stuck on a boss.  Well, after booting it up again for the first time in years I managed to beat the boss in one go!  Sometimes all you really need is to sit back and take a break.  It also amazes me how many years later muscle memory can kick in.  Racing and Ice Cream beat?  Easy.  I still have a lot of work to do, and have to beat that boss 2 more times, but hopefully I can manage.  Working on Aqua for now.

• Kingdom Hearts II (27%)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (82% > 84%)
  • Hyperdimention Neptunia (30%)
  • Hyperdimention Neptunia V (31%)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (43%)
  • LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (13%)
  • Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns (0%)

Second Update:.

Catherine: 0% > 44%

Games Added:

Spoiler

Alice: Madness Returns

Deception IV: Blood Ties

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Games I Started:

Spoiler

1. AquaPazza: AquaPlus Dream Match