Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

I mean there's various reasons for why people get trophies and there's also reasons as to why people don't get trophies. 

The problem is you are trying to compete with others on a set of moral rules. Not rules that are actually in place. 

It's like me saying that i don't have the capital to buy the amount of games others do, so therefore those games don't count. 

Don't get me wrong it's fun to be competitive with people.. You just gotta play with people that follow the same rules you want to play by. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, HelixNebula_x said:

I'm so glad I don't take trophy hunting half as seriously as some of the people on this site. Some people like difficulty, some people like watching the numbers go up. Most people, myself included, tend to sit somewhere in the middle.

No problem with any games like this, play what you what, fuck the moaners.

P.S. Already downloaded this when it went live last night but was waiting for the trophy list to go live. Going to enjoy blasting this out tonight.

This^

My name is Mayo is the sharknado of trophy hunting and it’s f*cking glorious. 

I don’t think games like this ‘ruin’ a platinums worth as ALL games have various difficulties. Which are set at % and rarity for all to see

As trophy hunters we all know the easy and hard games and each go after different goals. Stop moaning 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, McAyeC10 said:

That's crazy. What's wrong with platting a game I enjoyed, again? I'm currently in the process of platting The Witcher 3 EU, myself. Aren't trophies a way to bring joy to gamers? I'll absolutely LOVE getting TW3 platinum trophy one more time. 

Not talking about autopopping, tho. Das not cool. 

Nothing wrong to play a game all over again.But you can play it without buying it from a different region just to get more trophies?

10 hours ago, ZWalker2000 said:

You cannot gatekeep being a "gamer", you weirdo. Is your ego so fragile that you feel the need to devalue others simply for what they decide to play and complete? Clearly you are passionate about only completing 'proper' games, but maybe some people like to mix some easy ones in for the fun of it. Trophies are technically meaningless and only carry as much value as the individual player grants them and thus your personal appreciation for them should be applied to yourself - and no one else. The fact you're this bitter with an elitist mindset is actually quite concerning, try less to care what others think and worry about yourself exclusively, life will be a lot more enjoyable buddy.

I'm not elitist at all. But I might appear so to people setting their standards so low like the ones defending Mayo.

Edited by bosstristan

10 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Objectively PlayStation trophies do not have value. You don’t have to deny reality dude. You can’t trade them for a car, or pay bills with them. Can’t even buy some gum with them. They’re digital pictures attached to a video game network’s account. They could be deleted tomorrow and no real value is lost.

Any value they hold is entirely subjective. Which is worthless to most people. Someone else having 40 ez 10 minute platinums doesn’t impact my enjoyment of getting the platinum in games I want to play and platinum. I do what I want, they do what they want, there is no interference.

Somebody having My Name is Mayo 2 on their profile doesn’t negate the time and tedium I went through to platinum Ni no Kuni, it doesn’t undo the years it took me to find the motivation to finish it. it doesn’t make my back to back Bayonetta platinums less special to me. It does literally nothing to me. My profile is for me, not you. 

The "value" of trophies is bragging rights and trophies sort of have some value since some people will pay others to get trophies for them.

30 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

I'm not elitist at all. But I might appear so to people setting their standards so low like the ones defending Mayo.

People like you are funny, you write that you are "leaving the thread" like some kind of statement. Just to come back and keep trying to get your messed up message along. It doesnt matter if you think you are more of a gamer than others. Its your behaviour that makes you a pathetic person. 

• Like 2

Just now, Maaden_Swe said:

People like you are funny, you write that you are "leaving the thread" like some kind of statement. Just to come back and keep trying to get your messed up message along. It doesnt matter if you think you are more of a gamer than others. Its your behaviour that makes you a pathetic person. 

I couldn't resist the urge of clicking on those notifications. Seeing some posts I feel like I should write half a book to explain things to some, but I don't really think it would be worth the effort.

Oh and your message is beyond pathetic, I guess that makes 2 of us.