Rip Diego Maradona

BlackSnake1435

Im an Englishman. So im not a fan of the hand of god....but his other goal more than made up for it! (I guess..)

But.

The man was the greatest player of his age and the greatest player Argentina has ever produced. 

He is a God in Argentina. There will be THREE days mourning for him. 

I could never decide the greatest of all time (politics, different ages of football, money, tactics, degrees of fitness, retitement ages etc) but he's in the conversation for certain. 

One thing though, he WAS better than the other 2 south american players everyone always compares him too. (Not naming them, this a Maradona only post!) You remember those 2 players team mates...you dont with Maradona. He WAS the team. 

Naples, Argentina and Football mourns tonight.  

P.s. He played for my beloved Tottenham Hotspur once in a friendly. Legendary. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Venocide said:

RIP :(

Was he a good footballer? Not being a dick but the only thing I know about him is that infamous "hand of god" goal in 86. The English would not let that go, every time Maradona was mentioned, they'd bring it up EVERY time. 

Then he did this after. He was a genius in football. A pure master! At this world cup he scored 5 goals and assited 5. No1 ever has done that much in world cup ever. 

He didn't need to train with others :)

Edited by Vergil