Most Difficult PS4 Platinum of 2020

Trumpet_Boi_208

Most Difficult Platinum in 2020?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider the most difficult platinum of 2020?

• Spelunky 2
    • Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
    • Descenders
    • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2
    • Star Wars: Squadrons
    • Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time
    • Fury Unleashed
    • Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
    • Cuphead
    • GoNNER 2
    • Other (Post it in the thread)

Before we begin, here are some simple rules to keep this thread from being toxic:

1. Please be respectful of others’ opinions.
  2. Keep platinum gloating to a minimum.
  3. No joke games such as Road Bustle or My Name is Mayo 2. I just wish to see which platinum people genuinely think are the hardest this year.
  4. Remasters and PS5 ports do not count, despite how difficult some of them may be.
  5. Games that released on PS4 after released on other platforms in previous years DO count.

That’s it. Have fun everybody!

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208

7 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

I haven’t played the majority of these games however I feel none could come close to Fall Guys - even if you are a god at this game, trying to win 5 eps in a row without a disconnection takes a miracle. 

3 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Let's be honest here, there's only one game on this list that deserves the title of "most difficult platinum of 2020". It completely polarized the PSNP community and led to months of non-stop arguing.

It's name may or may not rhyme with "small fries."

Yeah, now that I think about it, maybe this thread was completely pointless, as the answer to this question is right under my nose, with Fall Guys being considered difficult to the point of absurdity.

28 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Yeah, now that I think about it, maybe this thread was completely pointless, as the answer to this question is right under my nose, with Fall Guys being considered difficult to the point of absurdity.

I wouldn't say it's a "pointless" thread; there's still a lot of potential for debate. It's just going to be tough to find a stronger candidate for "most difficult" given the impact Fall Guys' trophy list had on the community at launch.  

I'd be interested to find out what the general consensus is on the "most difficult single-player platinum of 2020" since that would skip over any debate on Fall Guys.  

Edited by ExistentialSolid

Not trynna be that guy but most of the games listed aren't even "hard" they're just more popular games that were maybe a bit more challenging than your typical new release (except for fall guys which is a special case of rng). I don't own any of those plats to show for but I'm pretty sure you could easily find a few 100% or more obscure games that put all of those listed to shame. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Before we begin, here are some simple rules to keep this thread from being toxic:

1. Please be respectful of others’ opinions.
  2. Keep platinum gloating to a minimum.
  3. No joke games such as Road Bustle or My Name is Mayo 2. I just wish to see which platinum people genuinely think are the hardest this year.
  4. Remasters and PS5 ports do not count, despite how difficult some of them may be.
  5. Games that released on PS4 after released on other platforms in previous years DO count.

That’s it. Have fun everybody!

I understand why Fall Guys is in the lead, but if we’re looking at a game that isn’t completely RNG & an online only game, I’d definitely say Crash 4. It’s not like the game is impossible, buts it extremely difficult and requires a ton of playtime too. It’s also extremely repetitive obtaining all the gems & relics...

Is sackboy actually difficult? Haven't really looked into it.

As to most difficult, it's definitely Fall Guys (without the glitch). I achieved it before the glitch was known about and it was definitely harder than Crash or THPS, the other two games I played and platinumed (well not THPS purely because of the grind, I'll do that eventually) off this list. With the glitch I would have to give it to Crash.

Edited by stargate1995

1 hour ago, UltraFire121 said:

Most difficulty platinum would be Super Meat Boy.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Super Meat Boy didn’t realize this year...

2 minutes ago, stargate1995 said:

Is sackboy actually difficult? Haven't really looked into it.

Judging solely based off PowerPyx’s Trophy Guide it seems fairly easy... 3.5/10 difficulty, no difficulty settings, no missables trophies, 15-25hours, no 100% required either. I’ve only ever played LBP3 (which I’ve since heard is the weakest in the series) but that one was a pain and I never bothered. Getting 100% just stopped being enjoyable.

7 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I wouldn't say it's a "pointless" thread; there's still a lot of potential for debate. It's just going to be tough to find a stronger candidate for "most difficult" given the impact Fall Guys' trophy list had on the community at launch.  

I'd be interested to find out what the general consensus is on the "most difficult single-player platinum of 2020" since that would skip over any debate on Fall Guys.  

If you’re looking for tough solo platinums, then GoNNER 2 and Crash 4 are definitely up there. GoNNER 2 requires you to score a incredibly high combo in a single area, or 5 short levels. This basically means you have to play those 5 levels to absolute perfection, scoring kills quickly without taking any damage, else you’ll find yourself losing your chances. This combined with a playthrough without a head, which is your source of health, and another without a gun, really makes this platinum a worthy candidate. Crash 4 is also no joke, with incredibly difficult time trial and no death relics to conquer.

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

As usual, I haven't played any game released in 2020 except Nioh 2... But I'm pretty sure that none of the games listed above is even close to Spelunky 2 when it comes to difficulty. 

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Spelunky 2! Thanks for the notice!

5 hours ago, Trini said:

Cuphead if people don't abuse the exploit (unless they already patched it that is).

I was hesitant to put Cuphead on here, simply because of the exploit, but I figured some would call me out for it, so I decided to add it anyway.

7 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Not trynna be that guy but most of the games listed aren't even "hard" they're just more popular games that were maybe a bit more challenging than your typical new release (except for fall guys which is a special case of rng). I don't own any of those plats to show for but I'm pretty sure you could easily find a few 100% or more obscure games that put all of those listed to shame. 

These were some of the most difficult platinums I could find for 2020. I tried to avoid obscure games because people would then just vote for Fall Guys or Crash 4 simply because they don’t know how difficult those obscure games are. GoNNER 2 is what I consider one of those games that you say puts most of the others to shame, with a high combo requiring perfection to earn and a playthrough without taking damage or using a gun respectively is very difficult in my book.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

I mean... saying you don't own any of the plats and maybe haven't even tried some of them but consider them not that hard is a bit empty to be honest.

Sure, every year you could find an obscure, indie, under-the-radar super hard game but these lists make more sense for games with more recognition and player base (not necessarily up to COD or GTA levels) but at least some.

I've tried Crash and COD, didn't have the patience or interest (in COD MP especially) to push to the platinum but they are definitely challenging even if COD is mainly for only one trophy. Games like Crash or Cuphead make the most sense to me out of the bunch - Fall Guys is... a popular fad to be sure but while the trophy for the wins is difficult it is difficult in a way that perhaps it was poorly though out rather than outright intended.

I mean for comparison say Battlefield of COD had a trophy 'win 15 matches in a row while solo queuing' - what if you disconnect, what if the server crashes, what if you join a match that is almost over and you're losing by a mile, what if your team is just f**king around....

One thing most people can agree on is that MP trophies are bs anyway but what muddies the water are MP only games with weirdly defined trophies not directly related to your skill or time invested and with more with particular or highly specific conditions that are highly unlikely to occur in a non-boosted online environment.

• Like 1

Fall Guys is definitely almost near impossible without the glitch that has now been patched. Whilst many have skill, this skill will not carry you to that ‘Infallible’ trophy.

The trophy requires a combination of luck and skill, luck now more than ever simply because of the rotation of games and what games you will play. It could be team after team which will require you to be on the winning team and whilst you can contribute to the victory of that team, it is always uncertain whether your team will be victorious until the last second.

Hence why this is easily the most difficult as you cannot control that particular randomness of players and games

People glitched to the fall guys plat. Anyone saying they didn't i will have a hard time believing. Including it in the list is controversial imo because it's been patched where before it was straightforward to now impossible. I don't think it should be on any difficulty list for that reason.

• Like 2

I’m sure the right answer is Fall Guys, but I can only vote for Crash since it’s the only one I’ve put any time into. I’m one level away from the platinum and it’s been absolutely brutal. 

My total playtime is well over 200 hours. By contrast, I got 100% of the entire original trilogy in about 140. 

44 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

People glitched to the fall guys plat. Anyone saying they didn't i will have a hard time believing. Including it in the list is controversial imo because it's been patched where before it was straightforward to now impossible. I don't think it should be on any difficulty list for that reason.

Not exactly true. People where getting it before the glitch was discovered. Some even live on stream. Others just queue up with 3 friends to control the team games and help one guy win when possible.

I voted for Crash 4. It's a fantastic game, but a brutal challenge to platinum. It was hands down the hardest game I played all year.

I do think Fall Guys is much harder nowadays due to all of the variations they added and the player base getting more skilled, but I can only speak from my experience during the first week. Five wins were perfectly doable if you were in a 4 man team of competent players that would throw matches for the person on a streak. It felt great doing a fall mountain and your friends just grab people at the starting line lol. And as many people mentioned, there was a glitch that was heavily exploited.

Eventually, they will add a team playlist and that will trivialize the trophy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I don't know when the fix happened but in the last two weeks there are like 20 people who got the infallible trophy.