All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Game is bugged. I am 65 hours in on my save currently on the "Sunken Battleship" quest. Specifically the part where you first pick up a battery and insert it into a slot to power the door to open. My game has bugged out and I am completely locked out of progressing further. It allowed me to pick up the battery and place it into the slot before the prompt telling me to do so. The door opened and I went into the next room, and placed the next battery as well. The second door did not open even with both slots green. I went back to the previous room and the prompt appeared asking me to place the battery into the slot. The problem is the battery is already in the slot. There is nothing else to place, and nothing I do can get the game to acknowledge that the battery is already there. I have tried to load the autosave and it is saved with the battery already placed, waiting for me to place it. The door to enter into this room is red and locked. I teleported out of the dungeon and tried to go back in and now I cannot even get into the battery room anymore since the door is red and cannot be accessed from outside. Be careful with this room and quest step, as you can break your game. Here is a video showing the state you get stuck in with no way to progress:
  3. Yeah, even if I did the Hail to the King trophy on a second playthrough(since I'd just do it in the beginning with Vivi), the Ultimate Sword trophy is a no-go for me due to having to go through the entire game in under 12 hours, and having played the original on PS1, I know how brutal that is.
  4. Not a sale price.... This is in store (The website is a mess).
  5. Works for me. Should help to avoid recency bias, I hope. It's definitely a good game to play if you'd rather watch/listen to something else. You might die by crashing into things a few times, though. Alright. We got one more game from last month to clean up. Platinum #428 - F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch You know, you don't have to put the acronym in the title... We're back to Metroidvanias, boys! I started this game around Easter because I saw it featured a rabbit as the main character. But was this bunny-themed adventure FORGED in greatness, or should this game just be put to the TORCH? (Hang on, let me check if that's a real phrase people say. OK, apparently it is.) Let's hop to it. We're going to make this more of a standard review. I tend to ramble if left to my own devices. So, let's discuss every major aspect of this game and then I'll give you my overall opinion. Story and graphics. You play as a rabbit named Rayton. Your best friend is a bear named Ursa. (This is bordering on Potion Permit levels of cringe.) Rayton, much like Nara in the previous game, is a former pilot who is trying to protect the... *sigh* furtizens of Torch City against the oppressive Iron Dogs. This entire game takes place in a sort of futuristic, steampunk world that's probably more impressive than it has any right to be. Visually, I think the game is really nice. I'm a little weirded out that they made Lady Q (the token ass-kicking female character in the game) more human than animal, when everybody else is more animal than human, but I imagine marketing had something to do with that. Either way, every area in this game, from the city to the factories to the mines to the underwater base, is very gritty and mechanical, which I think helps for the more serious story they wanted to tell. Mutant Year Zero did something like that too, with those hyper-realistic animals and darker tone. Audio. Let's separate this into voice acting and music. The VA work is... kinda hit or miss. The individual VAs do an OK job. Rayton, for example, sounds like a grizzled war veteran. It's not really the delivery that's bad either. It's more like... let me think of an analogy. OK, you know how in fighting games, you'll select your brawler and then your brawler will exchange dialogue with the random brawler you're facing off against right before the match begins? Something like, "I will crush you like a can of soda!" and then "I'd like to see you try!" But in the next match, you'll be facing off against a different brawler, and the lines will be, "I will crush you like a can of soda!" and "You will pay for your sins, vile fiend!" Even though those lines technically work together, you can tell they were recorded independently and designed to be used as a sort of catch-all because there's no natural flow in the conversation. That's how the dialogue in this game comes across. It feels like the characters are reading lines instead of talking to each other. Let me try to explain further with an actual example from the game. I didn't write down the exact quote, but it was something like this: Ursa: Now you can breathe underwater! Rayton: I'll head underwater now. Even without the audio, do you see how those two lines don't work together? People don't talk like that. Rayton should be acknowledging what his friend said and probably not repeating the last word. Something like, "This will be useful for scouting ahead" or "Thanks to you, Ursa! I'll swim down and let you know what I find" would sound a lot more natural. I'm not sure if the writers or director are to blame, but there's definitely something off in every cutscene. Music is great, though. My only gripe is how short some of the tracks are and how noticeable the loop is. In Old Town, for example, which has one of the best tracks in the game, the music actually stops for a full second before it picks back up from the beginning again. It's jarring and just as out of place as the rest of the audio miscues. Gameplay. There's an even mix between combat and platforming, so we'll deal with them one at a time too. First up: the combat. Fighting game lovers will probably like this. It reminds me of Guacamelee, with the way you can combo and juggle enemies with enough skill and practice. I suck at fighting games and I probably suck at Guacamelee too, so I actually found combat a bit challenging in this game, even on Easy. In my defense, though, the enemy AI doesn't lend itself well to the combo system. Too many enemies block or have high defense, which makes your combos practically useless. Plus, every new weapon you get seems to be better than the weapon you were previously using, so I rarely saw a reason to go back. Your three primary weapons in this game are a fist, drill, and whip. (I think Freud would have something to say about that, Mr. Developers.) Those are the order in which you unlock them and also the order of usefulness. Why would you not want the weapon with the most range? Also, these weapons assist with traversal. The drill can help you swim faster and Dixie Kong-twirl in the air, while the whip lets you hookshot to reach higher platforms or cross instakill (insta-teleport back to the nearest area with safe ground) spikes. Platforming can be pretty tricky too because of this. You also get an Estus Flask, which is carrot juice. That's cute. It uses SP, which you can also use for more offensive choices, such as missiles or the ability to parry. And upgrades to your weapons allow you to access new areas or open up shortcuts to earlier areas. It actually does a pretty good job with level design and just being an overall competent Metroidvania in this respect. Verdict. This is a mixed bag. One of the reasons I wanted this more standard format is because I tend to decide if I like or hate a game first and then either eviscerate it in my review or spend the entire time praising it and hand-waving away any faults. This game does a lot of things well, but it also does a lot of things poorly. Once again, I find myself in a quandary. Do I forgive this game for its shortcomings, or do I find it wholly irredeemable? I... ...do not forgive it. This is not a great game. This is a disappointing game. I think I actually preferred Chorus, and that's bad. This is because it suffers from many of the same things: a bland story, annoying side quests, tedious combat that is only fun for a few minutes after getting each upgrade, one of the worst fast travel systems I've ever seen (seriously, who decided to place those things where they did?), and is twice as long and ten times as big as it should be. Why would you play this when there are so many better Metroidvanias out there? At least Chorus is in a somewhat unique genre. Play Ender Lilies instead. Hell, play Moonscars instead.
  6. Best rap beef in a long time…
  7. Danny Phantom Series Theme [Opening Intro] Ghost in the Shell (2017), Ki Theory - Enjoy The Silence
  8. The Sonic x Shadow giveaway was a bust, but I'll be giving out some gift cards to some of those that entered. 

You can change your avatar/signature back to whatever it was before. I'll just be randomly gifting 5 people $10 each for having entered. 

Stay tuned, I'll probably get it done in an hour or so.

1. Show previous comments  1 more
    2. Abby_TheLastofUs

Abby_TheLastofUs

The ones that ask people to play games is to nudge them into playing something otherwise might pass on. Maybe send some attention towards games that have been mostly overlooked.

But mostly it's just for fun. 😁

3. JPtheNeurotic

JPtheNeurotic

I can’t change I’ve been corrupted by the power of gay sanic 

4. Abby_TheLastofUs

Abby_TheLastofUs

@JPtheNeurotic @Mr-Photo @cubiCampla @VersusCA @Pionni

Check your inbox, you should have received a code for a $10 PSN gift card, US region.

9. On top of what Marcus said, there’s a good trophy guide here that explains everything you need to know about hard mode with tips on how to prepare for it, and a linked video for reference. You may find it helpful.
  10. That's fixture 1 done! Break time now. Use the next 24 hours to sleep in, take a walk, talk to your cat or just play games all day . Scores to be posted after the 12 hour syncing period has come to an end.
  11. Yesterday
  12. The max trophy level you can get on Playstation is 999. You can continue earning XP and leveling up after that but the counter will never go above 999. Only tracking websites (like psnprofiles) will show the 'true' level of someone that has surpassed the limit.
  13. EIGHT hardcore badges on a single list. Blows my mind. Sorry you didn’t enjoy Final Fantasy IX. Great game, horrible trophy list.
  14. Helldivers 2 has been pulled in countries on Steam that are not able to create PSN accounts of their actual region.
  15. Thinking about doing a giveaway, but not sure what the premise would be? Any ideas y'all?

1. kindajustin

kindajustin

You could build the premise around what you intend to give away. Is it supposed to be a surprise?

2. blue_blur_98

blue_blur_98

Gladiator arena. Give everyone weapons and make 'em fight. Whoever doesn't die gets a $10 PSN card.

3. Helyx

Helyx

Oh, nah. Money. PSN money? A code for a major upcoming game?

Some type of prize along those lines.

Not really sure what to make the signup process about though. We already know everyone's favorite color, soft drink, salad dressing and blood type. It'd be nice to do some type of community interaction, but make it ultra low-effort on the participants.

16. I hit 999 but it seems the levele % stays at 0% ? So, how you get to level 1000 I see people with over that?
  17. #214 Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus? (PS5) Difficulty 1/10 Enjoyment 7/10 This is another FMV title developed by the great Wales Interactive. In this title, you play as Abby who is tasked by her supposedly eccentric Uncle Marcus to find out who poisoned him at the annual family's quiz night. The game plays like a typical FMV "Choose Your Own Answer" with two or more dialogue options available to select at certain points in the story. The game is unfortunately rather short, and with a walkthrough, can be beaten in under 3 hours which is a real shame because I really wanted to find out more about each and every one of the family members (especially Aunty June). The characters are extremely well acted and are very believable, all of them portraying a picture perfect example of a dysfunctional family. Again, I wish the game was longer and had more endings so I could really have the chance to learn more about the family. If you haven't played any of the Wales FMV titles and are looking for somewhere to start, I can't recommend this enough.
  18. When you mom calls you for dinner but it isn't ready yet
  19. If anyone else has all 8 in game achievements, but not the trophy...try unlocking another trophy. Last night I unlocked a different trophy and like 30 minutes later the Raid trophy just randomly popped when I was exploring.
  20. Platinum #214 - Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus? 

21. Where's the best place to vent other than parents and therapist? Genuine question.

1. DaivRules

DaivRules

Journaling is a great first place to start. 

2. Terra

Terra

@DaivRules

I second this. Journaling helped me get through my middle and high school years. 

22. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the staff have talked about this one over the past days and it's ultimately going to be a no from us for this giveaway. To the casual observer unfamiliar with the 4+ year history of drama between various members on the forum, this thread seems mostly harmless and fun. However, this isn't simply official Sonic promo art in anticipation for the game, it's obviously a highly specific Sonic fan art that is very likely going to elicit a response and more unneeded drama somewhere on the forums. We already have headache-inducing arguments and bickering in the status updates (sometimes every day), in forum threads, and so on. It's all very tedious and tiring to babysit and moderate all that mess on a sometimes daily basis. Let's please not also expand that to the giveaways area. If we keep this thread up, then we'll probably have to deal with the inevitable reaction/response giveaways such as "Straight Video Game Character Celebration Signature Giveaway" or the "Rank the Worst Games Dealing with [Controversial Topic] Giveaway". Yeah no thanks, we're just going to get ahead of it and pump the brakes on all of that now instead of a week or two from now when other similar giveaways would be made. Anyways, a new rule has been added for giveaways: No giveaways can be made revolving around controversial or typically disagreeable societal, political, or related topics as these topics cause drama in the forums already. This includes asking people to change their profile picture or signature as part of the giveaway to align with or deride whatever topic or message you're trying to promote or ridicule at the time. Again, sorry for the inconvenience, but another giveaway would have to be made in place of this one (if you decided to do that, it's up to you), particularly one that doesn't try to barely skirt around the rule above. Thanks.
  23. Dreamals 8 Trophies • 315 Points • 26.78%
  24. Platinum 163 - Dungeon Travelers 2 Difficulty: 7/10 Enjoyment: 5/10 That 20000 kills trophy is a royal pain..
  1. Load more activity