Your most proud platinum trophy

CaveBear912

Either Binding of Isaac or Demon's Souls.

Binding of Isaac I played the original a lot on my laptop, but didn't spring for Rebirth until I got a PS4. While I didn't get 100% and probably never will, it's still a fun game that I go back to when nothing current interests me.

Demon's Souls I played on my first PS3 because it was a Sony exclusive and I was part of that group who insisted Folklore and Heavenly Sword were masterpieces at the time, I appreciated that it was more action than RPG (where the manual made it seem as it was more of an Elder Scrolls affair, down to the description of the "classes") but I didn't even beat the second boss of any area. In my defense there was a lot of good games coming out around that time. I began to replay it on this account shortly before Dark Souls came out but never got around to completing it (or any Souls game before Bloodborne). Fast forward to having platted not just Bloodborne, but also DS 1, 2, 3, and the remasters of 1 and 2, and I knew Demon's Souls didn't deserve to be an outlier but the world tendency systems made no sense to me all the previous times I tried. Eventually I plunged in and of course the world tendency is trivial and the hardest part is getting the bladestone, but it feels good to have that one on the list.

• 1 year later...
On 12/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, CaveBear912 said:

What is your most proud platinum?

My most proud platinum is darksouls 3 my favorite game series

My most proud platinum is Injustice 2 I miss you my friend this is taylor I now go by Renee an I am glad to see you playing an platinuming games still keep up the good work brother love ya stay safe an game on ❤️ 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

S0eeb2d.png1Sd5a7be.png40-platinum.png Master of the Realm - Collect all other trophies. [Neverwinter, Jan 1st 2021]

A lot of people chose not to go for this platinum, mostly because of the dragon's bane trophy which requires you to kill 1,000 dragons. It's quite the grind, especially since you can't keep track of the number and it only counts on one character instead of all your characters. After the combat changes, this was even harder because you couldn't use Dragonflight to help move it along. I spent hours, days, in the same dungeon just farming the dragons there and I finally got it, the last trophy I needed for the platinum. This will forever be my proudest achievement and I'm thankful to those that were willing to suffer with me in order to grind for it haha

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say Dark Cloud 2. That is my only Ultra Rare Platinum because nobody cares about this action RPG. It was one of my favorite PS2 games and despite the Medalhead and Finny Frenzy trophies, I enjoyed going through the game. Second up would be LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, both versions. But PS5 more because I learned how to get through the collectibles faster and enjoy the Star Wars setting. ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Because

it’s the first fromsoftware game I said to myself I wouldn’t rage and just to go with the flow mission accomplished.

&

Alien Isolation - Because I don’t really play many horror games and I don’t particularly enjoy the feeling of being scared especially in first person, But for some reason I actually liked the intense feeling in this one.

This is a hard question for me to answer, because I feel like my proudest would have to be something that gave me a ton of trouble and I got through it anyways...which, for me, says something because I'm not usually in the mindset of playing harder games, I prefer something to be more relaxing than taxing. But there's two games on my list that have their own stories for me. 

WWE '13, my rarest Plat at 0.41%, and Mass Effect 2 (PS3), what I consider my hardest Plat. 

WWE '13...anyone who attempted this knows the online grind was one of the most insanely boring experiences of their gaming life...so bad that it ruined an otherwise decent wrestling game altogether for them. Nothing else about the trophies are all that bad, but this online requires over 100 hours of your time and about 2000 matches total (1000 for you and your boosting partner). As you had to get to Max rank online. But the issue with leveling up was that you had this Star System in place that worked as sort of an XP bar, so as you filled up the stars you'd level up, but the higher the level you got the more stars you'd have to fill...so by the time you hit level 10, you had to fill a bronze set of stars, then silver, then gold, then (i guess) Platinum, THEN once you did that you hit level 11. And you did that all over again...it created this terrible experience where you felt like you weren't making much progress at all. All the while, if you wanted to maximize your XP...you couldn't just go in there and cause a DQ and repeat, you had to wrestle and pull off a certain sequence of moves and finishers, which saw you in a match for at least 4 minutes per run. ON TOP of all of this, the servers had a glitch where it just erased your progress at random and you'd have no choice but to start over again....I went through THREE boosting partners because this happened to them and gave up and walked away from it (I don't blame them). I eventually hit level 10 and gave up myself...I couldn't do it anywhere, life was too short. But about a year later (and I had Platted 2K14 in this time frame) a friend needed help with something on WWE '13, and I figured maybe now that I've had a long break I can go back to it, and luckily for me my data was never erased, I was still level 10 and I found a boosting partner and we got it done. 

Mass Effect 2...this is one of those games where most people don't find it very difficult, so I always get weird energy from people when I say I consider this my hardest Platinum. Most people consider it a middle of the road 5/10 that has some moments of a headache and nothing more, but this game was just hell for me. I got kind of lucky with ME1...on the PS3 version you had to do 3 playthroughs for the Plat...and I did them all with the same Soldier character, but a little trick with ME1 on PS3 as a Soldier is they have this Shield you can put on that negates something like 80% of the damage you, and it lasts for a long period of time, and by the time it wares off, the Shield power has been regenerated for awhile so you can literally just keep the Shield activated the entire game, which basically made Insanity a cake walk (and this is also something they "fixed" in the PS4 Remaster...the shield is still there, but it doesn't last nearly as long and isn't quite as good at negating that much damage). ME2 on the other hand, famously reworked the gameplay at the time and the Soldier class has nothing like this...so I took the opportunity to play as a brand new class (I can't remember what I chose, Biotic I think?). And since I thought I was hot shit, I decided to do 2 playthroughs one as Paragon the Other Renegade...and I started on Veteran difficulty (the third of five levels). And for me, Veteran alone in ME2 was WAY harder than Insanity in ME1...hard to the point I just wasn't enjoying myself much. So when it came time for my second playthrough on Insanity...I just had the absolute worst time with it.

So many people consider ME2 the best of the series, whereas I was struggling so much that I almost don't even like ME2, I was so angry 90% of the time I was playing it that it became an experience that taught me what I DON'T want out of my video games...it taught me how much I prefer a relaxing experience rather than trying to give myself some serious heart issues by being that angry all the time just to say I got a Platinum. No one should be that angry at a video game...through the process I broke a DualShock 3 controller and literally pulled a chunk of my hair out. I hated that experience so much and I still don't understand why the game was so incredibly difficult for me compared to most people. But the big thing here...is at the end of it, where most people would feel proud of themselves that they got that Platinum, I had more of a "Thank fuck that's over with, I never want to look at this game again" kind of vibe, even though I consider Mass Effect as whole one of my favorite franchises ever now. It's also to the point where I've nearly convinced myself to give ME2 another shot on Insanity with the Remaster, just to see if it was really that bad and if I've improved at all as a gamer...but it's hard to lock in because the remasters no longer require Insanity for the Plats. So I go back and forth on...should I try to prove something to myself, or should I just play it on Casual and actually enjoy it for a change and maybe see why everyone loves it so much? 

Either way, it hard for me to choose the proudest...because now, I can look back on these remembering what they put me through, but at the time neither really gave me that sense of accomplishment, just the sense of being glad it's done. But I also know I have nothing else on my entire list that quite compare to these two, which in it of itself gives me that sense of accomplishment I didn't get at the time...and feeling oddly proud of it where I didn't so much before. So honestly, I have give it a tie.   

• Like 1

For me I'd say either Crash 1, from dying hundreds of times on The High Road due to the new physics to getting all the relics, Kingdom Hearts I PS3, for doing all those Gummi missions that weren't a requirement on PS4, or Final Fantasy IX, for that jump rope trophy, which was harder than FFX's lightning dodging or Chocobo racing but I came up with a really cool strategy for

• Like 1

On 09/01/2021 at 0:13 AM, Seraphim_Rez said:

It's hard for me to pick just one so I'll pick my top 3.

El Shaddai: Having to get G rank on every chapter on Hard diffculty and beating the game on EXTRA difficulty took a lot of practice.

Batman Arkham Asylum: 95% of the game is not hard. But the 5% that is the combat challenges was really frustrating. Took me 5 years before I went back and finally got the plat. Fuck Shock and Awe.

Tears to Tiara Gaiden: Secret of Avalon: Despite having very little knowledge of Japanese (only a handful of words and phrases), I thought trying to plat an untranslated SPRG/visual novel hybrid was a good idea. Because there were almost no resources for non-Japanese users, I was mostly on my own pasting the game's Japanese title in Google hoping to find Japanese guides or blogs. The situation led me to dedicate the time to create a trophy guide that I could easily reference and would benefit other users. Took almost 2 years, but I finally got the plat and I'm pretty proud of the guide I made.

How hard would u say the Platinum for El Shaddai is?

I have it unfinished in my profile and it scares me a bit

L7ca091.png 1L200a6a.pngngcb1 Super Meat Boy! -  Unlock all  other trophies  (Super Meat Boy, Oct 19 2022)   (Rarity: 0.31%)                               

The deathless runs. It took me three months to get this platinum, and I died 12,000 times when I unlocked the platinum.

Edited by Kimura Shikichi
  • Like 1

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 is my proudest. Most of the rarer trophies weren't too bad after I got better at the game, but completing all of the Hard difficulty Get There challenges took me a lot more attempts than I expected. The one on Bullring specifically took me multiple sessions of trying 3 or 4 different strategies over and over. The run that I finally completed felt like complete luck, but I was so happy when I finished it. When that was done, I just had a few easier Get There's to mop up and then I had to finish grinding to level 100, but those felt like a walk in the park after Bullring.

On 2/6/2023 at 11:04 AM, Clavietka said:

How hard would u say the Platinum for El Shaddai is?

I have it unfinished in my profile and it scares me a bit

I'd rate it somewhere between a 7 and 8 depending on how comfortable you are with character action games. It's certainly nowhere near as insane as Metal Gear Rising or Devil May Cry 4 or 5, but it's gonna take a lot of practice to pull off combos, avoid damage, and get that G rating on Hard.
I watched a lot of G rank run videos as references and tried to do what that player did.

I'd say the biggest tips are to learn boss attack patterns and knowing how to pull off the combos you want when you want to.

If you search "el shaddai G rank" on Youtube, you'll see G rank runs on Hard difficulty by a user named Matthew Cory Smith. Those are the videos I used as reference.

I think by the time I got the plat, I invested 50-60 hours.

• Like 1

Oh gosh. I’ve done so many hard games done all of the souls games. Even  sekiro shadows die twice. Sifu (before the easy mode was a thing) overwatch. Fallguys. Almost did injustice before my ps3 broke completely still upset about that. ? marvel vs capcom infinite. Paladins. Rainbow six siege. Cuphead I could go on ?

honestly I would have to say smite probably just because of how rare it is and how much of a grind that was to get done. 

Edited by pl0000pl

• 3 weeks later...