Possible hint at Naughty Dog's next game

Abby_TheLastofUs

It'd sure be nice to have one thread relating to Naughty Dog without GamersTM shitting everywhere and the mods shutting it down. Please?

I'm definitely intrigued by the concept art, and the possibility of an ND-developed fantasy/RPG title, but the reports of the unhealthy crunch going on there (if accurate) have made me hesitant about buying their games now.

• Like 3

They kind of change things up with every new IP - at least in terms of tone. I wouldn't worry too much about the controversial elements of TLOUII carrying over, and worst case scenario, maybe just read a few reviews post-release and choose whether to buy/play from there.
No need to escalate disagreements and make personal attacks over this kind of thing, I'd say.

File:Skub comic.gif

Naughty Dog has usually switched genres between IPs and sometime even within them. A fantasy RPG would be interesting from them, though of course I can only speculate as to what this could be. Just so long as they don't crunch their developers this time I'll be first in line.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Naughty Dog has usually switched genres between IPs and sometime even within them. A fantasy RPG would be interesting from them, though of course I can only speculate as to what this could be. Just so long as they don't crunch their developers this time I'll be first in line.

Does really developers' crunching time impacts people's decision about buying a game or not? ? 

About the game, anything developed by ND is gonna be interesting. Would be nice to see them test their skills by creating an RPG. 

Edited by Kiyan-13

1 hour ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The Last of Us Part II had the best debut for a PS4 exclusive.

That doesn't really mean much. It's total sales and longevity that matter, at least to Sony and investors. I haven't seen many updates since it's first 4M sales from this past summer, which makes it pretty underwhelming compared to other PS exclusive titles. Considering the marketing and development budget, it's more than likely it lost money.

1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I dunno, ND kinda shot their reputation with TLOU2. Sony had to have Tsushima be launched earlier than expected so the game could cover for TLOU2 losses.

I think ND may wind up being like Raven Software at this point and just exist to help finish other studios games.

Yes and no. ND still has enough loyal fans to buy their games blindly and faithfully...at the very least, they make quality games. I do think the TLOU series is probably on hiatus

More of an an issue to me, is their stale game design. Look what Santa Monica did with GoW and Sucker Punch's GoT; ND needs to do more to get me interested.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Does really developers' crunching time impacts people's decision about buying a game or not? 1f914.png

In my case, yes—I will absolutely boycott a company I view as unethical (although it's quite questionable how much good that does), or at least buy their games used. I also resolved not to touch Ubisoft's stuff, after the sexual harassment claims came out. Of course, that's not much of a sacrifice, since their games bore me to tears.

If this is a hint at what Naughty Dog's future game is supposed to be I guess good on them for taking the risk with a new IP ...

Having said that this absolutely does not look like something that would/has ever interested me in the slightest (Elder scrolls/Witcher medival fantasy style games) so unless Naughty Dog goes all out and creates a game that somehow both plays and looks better than anything we've ever seen before I doubt I'll be picking this game up at some point .. well unless it eventually ends up on plus 

2 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I dunno, ND kinda shot their reputation with TLOU2. Sony had to have Tsushima be launched earlier than expected so the game could cover for TLOU2 losses.

I think ND may wind up being like Raven Software at this point and just exist to help finish other studios games.

Haha TLOU2 catapulted ND's reputation. ist regarded one of the best gamestudion in the world!

• Like 2

You can like it or not, I thought it was pretty great while not being as phenomenal as the first one, but the game absolutely did very well commercially.

That being said, their next game I'd like to see some new IP.  A fantasy setting with their attention to detail, that could be really cool.  Would really like to see them swing back around to the idea of having 2 teams though; seemed like it was pretty traumatic for the studio but if they could make it work and we get Naughty Dog games quicker, maybe one team works on the new IP and they other one makes a part 3, that would be very nice.

We all know the next game is Factions 2 which will be a stand-alone game since TLOU2 lost so much money. (leaked story, misleading/character swaps in marketing, buying 2 million bots for positive reviews (some are even on here pretending to be players), deleting negative scores, suing YouTubers, rigging the video game awards, etc...) I was hoping it would be added on for free but since the disaster of the story and poor sales, that's not going to happen anymore like they did with Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy which is unfortunate. 

Don't get me wrong, Naughty Dog has always put out quality games in the past and I'll still support them but their reputation has been tarnished. On The Last of Us Day, I was hoping we'd hear more about Factions 2, or if we bought the PS4 version we'd get a free port to the PS5 but instead it was nothing but a money grab of buy this T-shirt, poster, statue, etc....which again pissed off the die hard fans. 

I'm hoping on the next PS showcase we finally see a sneak peek/release date for Factions 2. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Cry more

We can't hear you

• Like 2