One reason that Ratalaika Games, is good

pretty sure I never bought or played any of their games, but the problem with ratalika's games is that they just made like one 8-bit engine or someghing and they just copy and paste their games with it with different idea and names, I swear I saw like 4 to 5 games in the Playstation Store made by them that almost looks the same.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

I've played plenty of Rata titles over the last couple of years and have found the good to bad ratio to be roughly 50/50, with the good games being really good to the point I stacked them a few times and the bad ones being bottom of the barrel stinkers I couldn't get rid of fast enough.

Would you mind telling me which Ratalaika game(s) you think is good?

Thank you! :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LoAlexandria said:

Although you werent asking me, but

Duck Souls+ and Daggerhood are great games. 

Reminded me of Towerfall Ascension

54 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

Midnight games are also pretty enjoyable in my opinion.

Thank you @LoAlexandria @xIRockyRock.

Btw, I've just looked up Gun Crazy on Youtube, and I think I'm interested in it. :D

48 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Language of Love

Sagebrush

Tamiku

Jisei: The First Case HD

Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet

One Night Stand

FullBlast

Are some of them visual novels? I don't enjoy them. But, thank you. :lol:

16 hours ago, breakingthegreen said:

I wanna point this out because there's a lot of stigma around "trophy w**re" games, now let me be clear in saying that I am not defending games like: Slyde, Road Bustle, or Little Adventure on the Prairie; but I am willing to defend Ratalaika's output for one major reason.

These games would have a much lower chance to come to consoles if trophy hunters (or w**res if you're so inclined) didn't buy them.

They dont necessarily need a price tag, They can go in the free to play section with no platinum trophies and a single stack

You know, being rich doesn't  make you a piece of shit, it just gives you (sometimes, not even always) more opportunities  to exert your will on others.

It's not as easy as small indie good, EA bad.

Just like AAA games do stuff like lootboxes targeting gambling addicts, Ratalaika  targets people addicted to numbers  online, both with their dopamine  receptors fucked up. You don't see youtubers talking about it, because trophy hunting is more niche.

You could argue, that gaming itself is an addiction, and to a lesser extent, I'd agree, but here's the thing, when you play a game, you immerse yourself in a different world, be it for the story, for the characters, the "world" the game takes place, the lore behind it fueling discussion  between you and others, the gameplay, the combat, or maybe you're just competing with a friend.

What's the immersion in this? The number of regional accounts you create? Visiting the Playstation Store? The "pling"? No, it's definitely  these threads I see created every single day, the defense of shit is more enjoyable for  the average Ratalaika  buyer, hence every single day a new thread pops uo .

Videogame is a medium with very low standards, and that's fine, I guess, majority here grew up with  them, and the  level of immersion compared to book reading or a  film is far superior, so we have a soft spot to it, allowing game companies, rich and poor,   to come up with shit they'd be fucked over elsewhere, so being "hidden gems",  in an industry where customers would attack others for not liking a game they like, means absolutely  nothing,  I could find you people that'd say Space Overlord is good,  those small indie devs, they suffer from poor sales because they're a "good" inferior product, and have to prey  on people in vulnerable positions to stay afloat.

I have no sympathy for them just because they're poor, a crack dealer damaging others so that he can provide for his family  is more respectable  than them, as he actually has to work his ass off for finding clients and risking jail, Ratalaika  directly gives them the addicts and it's not like they'd be incarcerated for fucking video games, not to mention, they're free to do  a quick disasterous job, as nobody, saves 2-3 people drowned by the majority will care about what happens after the "pling".

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kevao97 said:

the games you mentioned are cool and kept me entertained, I actually enjoyed them

in case of an absolutely ruined account, it may be better to start a new one

It’s an idea that has popped up before. But i will just live with it. My goal is to get a lot of actual good games on my list where eventually those 70 won’t even mater anymore lol. There are a few Games on my list  that I might unhide like the Midnight games. They were actually pretty fun little games. Just wished that you beat all levels for the platinum.

Edited by SKiL_Clash

10 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Teslagrad has a few annoying scrolls you have to collect, one in particular where you had to levitate for about 20 - 30 seconds or so and grab it with no room for error. That already makes the game more difficult than virtually most of all Ratalaika titles I've seen so far. You still have to play most of the entire game.

Ratalaika however rewards you with a platinum when you are maybe 10 - 20 percent into the game. Most of the game is virtually untouched by the trophy "whores", so the work and effort the developers put in to make a majority of the game is practically thrown straight out the window.

Right about Teslagrad, but my point wasn't regarding difficulty, only that completion isn't necessary to pop the plat.  You don't have to share a screen with the final boss to have 100%.

Sorry, but I don't believe that statistic.  Now, I haven't played many (any?) Rata games...unless Just Ignore Them was one, but I don't think so, but 10% completion for a plat?  Come on.  I would need some evidence of this.   Just because only thirty minutes are needed doesn't mean that thirty minutes isn't the bulk of a game.

However, as previously stated, I share your disdain for a trophy list that doesn't represent an entire experience of play.  As a trophy fan, were I also a developer, that would rub me the wrong way, too.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Sorry, but I don't believe that statistic.  Now, I haven't played many (any?) Rata games...unless Just Ignore Them was one, but I don't think so, but 10% completion for a plat?  Come on.  I would need some evidence of this.   Just because only thirty minutes are needed doesn't mean that thirty minutes isn't the bulk of a game.

that would rub me the wrong way, too.

There are some Ratalaika games this is true for (not 10%, that’s ridiculous, but there are a couple where the plat can be achieved at as little as 30% of the full game) but it’s not the norm across all their games.

Nor is it exclusive to Ratalaika games - just off the top of my head, Teslagrad, Trine 2, Rainswept & Brothers: A tale of Two Sons are all non-Ratalaika games where the plat pops before the full game is complete, not to mention the hundreds of games where the plat requires only part of the game to be played, for example Call of Duty games, where the trophies often only relate to the short Single Player campaigns, despite MP being the main selling point, or, games like Horizon Zero Dawn or Spiderman where the trophies can all be done on the easiest setting, and no engagement with ‘Normal’ or higher difficulties is required for the platinum, and are reserved for DLC trophies.

Rata games definitely do do this sometimes - and it’s silly, and they should stop it -  but anyone who claims it is the case for all Ratalaika games is either uninformed, or being deliberately obsute.

I'm a huge fan of small, unique indie games. Also a HUGE fan of the rpgmaker horror niche. So for that reason, I'm personally grateful to Ratalaika for giving some of those games a chance at coming to console. My view of trophy hunting is that I just want my profile/platinum list to be full of games that I really love, whether its simple short games or long winded frustrating ones. If a game is fun to me or fits an aesthetic I love, then I'll go for that plat. I'm happy that games like My Big Sister and Red Bow are available on my favorite platform. 

I also understand why trophy hunters of a different mindset than me have a problem with them though. For people who trophy hunt competitively, its probably very frustrating to see people climb charts with low effort. I'm not a competitive person myself so I don't really care how many people have higher numbers than me, but again, if thats your thing than Ratalaika is likely a huge annoyance and that opinion is valid.

However, I'm happy that they exist just because I can have platinums on my account of a niche genre that I've always loved. I also don't mind going for short plats if the game is cute enough to keep me entertained. But thats just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 4

11 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

There’s a game called Horned Knight, published by 2Awesome Studio. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1249-CUSA26258_00-6920210578712389?smcid=psapp

For the platinum you just need to complete three levels when the game as a whole has 32 levels. 

So on top of being a retro style hardcore wannabe side scroller lacking any originality, the trophy list is equally as lazy. The people aiming for the trophies will ignore about 80 - 90 percent of the game.

While people have complained Undertale doesn’t have to be beaten in order to earn its platinum, you still have to play a good portion of it. 

Horned Knight just promotes shovelware crap and the trophy list basically screams cashing in for a quick buck. 

If that isn’t evident enough, I don’t know what to tell you.

Edited by AJ_Radio

My problem doesn’t stem from the fact that their platinums are intentionally easy. Developers can make trophy lists as hard or as easy as they want. It comes from when they develop games with the intent to sell easy platinum trophies, while half-assing the development of the game itself. It is insulting to all the developers out there who actually put their everything into making a good game by having their releases covered by endless garbage. Despite hatred from these games by a minority of trophy hunters, which are a minority of gamers, this argument is pointless. As long as trophy leaderboards exist in the way that they do, trophy hunters will still seek out easy platinums, and developers will keep pumping them out.

• Like 1

Searched for 'Sumatra PS4' on YouTube. First few Videos: "EASY platinum", "90 minutes quick platinum", "This weeks easy platinums".

It sure is covered a lot and not because it's ezypzy, noooo. It's quality gaming time.

Okay, lets check out some comments from the Playstation trailer, I am sure people are hyped and highly anticipating the game.

"I read it as Kama Sutra for some odd reason", " I saw monke on trailer I click", "Ok but I want to see this game without the ray tracing on".

Sounds good.

A few people were actually happy to see the game taking place in their country and that is indeed nice. I am sure all the multiple stackers are here to support the devs (what's their name again?) and show love for Indonesia, right.. right?

Just like this YouTuber. Srsly you wont believe his reaction.

------

On a serious note, stop acting like you all enjoy shovelware. 99% of the people who play these games do it just for one reason.

I am sure some people geniuenly enjoy a few Rata games, you probably wont find them on PSNP though.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mori said:

Then you are the 1%.

? I guess so :dunno:

I just don't think I'm in as small a club as it is made out to be, and I think it's mean to make people feel bad about playing any Ratalaika games, just because they want to play something that appeals to them.

There's nothing wrong with judging someone for eating nothing but fast-food, (maybe do it quietly, but still, I'm with you) but having a Big Mac every now and them shouldn't be a shameful practice, if you like the taste.

Moderation in all things, as the saying goes. ☺️

Personally, my litmus test for a profile is this:

If I scroll through the list of games, and I have to hunt to find the easy-peasy games, then that is a perfectly fine profile.

If I scroll through the list of games, and I have to hunt to find the non-easy-peasy games, then that is... something else.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

My problem doesn’t stem from the fact that their platinums are intentionally easy. Developers can make trophy lists as hard or as easy as they want. It comes from when they develop games with the intent to sell easy platinum trophies, while half-assing the development of the game itself. It is insulting to all the developers out there who actually put their everything into making a good game by having their releases covered by endless garbage. Despite hatred from these games by a minority of trophy hunters, which are a minority of gamers, this argument is pointless. As long as trophy leaderboards exist in the way that they do, trophy hunters will still seek out easy platinums, and developers will keep pumping them out.

I never once brought up any TellTale Game and looked down on people who play them because you still have to finish the story. The platinum trophies are practically playing from Point A to Point B and there you have it. But the majority, which is people playing on Steam on their PC computer, couldn't care less about achievements or trophies, they bought them because of the stories and the actual content.

These lists and the games themselves however are sold on their achievements, which is already a sign they are garbage. Slyde is garbage. My Name is Mayo 2 is garbage. But people keeping buying them.

That is why 100 - 300 platinums doesn't mean shit anymore. I respect the guy who has been trophy hunting for over a decade and earned 300 platinums from quality games such as Dead Space 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Dark Souls, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Shovel Knight, Super Meat Boy, Hollow Knight, etc etc etc. With enough money and a little time anybody can grab 300 platinums within a year of playing by stacking utter garbage. I don't have to say their profile is good because it isn't. Quantity over quality is all that matters on the leaderboards, and the people who put the time and effort into difficult games and take their time with games they enjoy and want to play are getting put on the backburner.

Hakoom, for all that he's done, is playing a numbers game that will eventually be his fate if he hasn't reached that point already. It's all stupid in the end really. We're just doing a little more than what the average gamer does on Steam. We're not anymore special than the next guy out there who buys just a few games a year and drops a game once he's finished with the story.

• Like 3