Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

the ps3 store is already down on console you can't acess it anymore since like a year is that for the web page store? then that would mean the ps3 titles of ps now would be gone too with a full data wipe unless of course they keep some just for that but doubt that too

2 minutes ago, NitrousPurge said:

the ps3 store is already down on console you can't acess it anymore since like a year is that for the web page store? then that would mean the ps3 titles of ps now would be gone too with a full data wipe unless of course they keep some just for that but doubt that too

The ps3 store is not already down, definitely hasn't been down for a year. If you can't access it you need to delete the store app and enter it again.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, arcanehornet_ said:

PS3 and Vita use the same PlayStation Network as PS4/5 so that is highly unlikely.

- There was a time when I couldn’t connect to PSN on the Vita (it was a problem for everyone), but the PS4/5 was fine - support didn’t react.

- PS5 is unable to hide and unhide PS3/Vita games on the profile

These little things worry me.

1 minute ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Even more expensive then

Ratchet games are super cheap on disc.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

If this turns out to be true, ps4 will be my last Playstation console.

I will only accept the ps3 and vita stores shutting down if the entire ps3 library is accesible in like, PS6 or something. And that would be accepting it, not being happy about it. (And this would only cover ps3 games, what about the vita?)

RPCS3 is making progress on ps3 emulation, and that's some guys doing it, you'd think a company as big as Sony would have the funds for that. And by the time ps6 is a thing, the way technology advances, it should be possible. Imagine the marketing potential, a console capable of playing ps3, ps4, ps5 and ps6 games + the few ps1 and ps2 classics. 

Take this news, hopefully fake news, with a grain of salt until an official announcement. I'm happy to see huge backlash. I'm worried that this could be true sooner than later.

But that RPCS3 is banneable if Sony catch you, if not I already have downloaded Earthworm Jim (suck when they delist games :()

13 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

It would suck, sure. But I have everything I want digital or know people who have delisted stuff to share from. So as long as you can still download everything that is already bought on that account, I'm fine with this. 

The big question would be the PS Vita. The PS3 has the download list feature that works without the ps store app I guess. But on the vita you need to actually enter the ps store to see your download list ?

This was my worry. At much as some users are saying this is an over-reaction, until Sony actually comes out and announces, it's not a surprise this is causing panic. I have bought a ton of Vita games recently and still am buying new releases. If I can't download them I am going to be seriously pissed. It's not like I can just grab em all in advance, since you can only store a small number on the console. For a console getting active releases still, it is horrible that Sony is even considering this. I'm hoping it's all a hoax.

4 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

PS3 and Vita use the same PlayStation Network as PS4/5 so that is highly unlikely.

I do not believe this is accurate information. The PS5 definitely uses a different network.

As long as I can still download content I have purchased and install patches/sync trophies, I can live with the store being retired. I think it's dumb, but life will go on.

• Like 2

Just now, fbdbh said:

- There was a time when I couldn’t connect to PSN on the Vita (it was a problem for everyone), but the PS4/5 was fine - support didn’t react.

They are going to phase out all the old shit, its inevitable 

Mark my words

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but you will start to see more and more server closures and games that ran forever slowing stop being supported and next thing you know, its the end of an era

they dont wanna keep supporting systems from 2 gaming generations ago, this is the forseeable future

fuck next gen or current gen, play your ps3/vita backlogs while you still can

theres going to be a time where these systems and games become relics

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Its a matter of time before you wont even be able to sync previous gens trophies to the servers

Maybe VITA, and it will be in 10 years minimum

PS3 servers are not going to be discontinued, PS Now uses PS3 server to sync trophies and to play online, so no, PS3 trophy syncing will not be discontinued 

4 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Ratchet games are super cheap on disc.

Yeah, actually Ratchet games may be, my bad. But a lot of games that you find for 10 or 20$/€ have a way more expensive physical version

4 minutes ago, NitrousPurge said:

really? I didn't even know you could delete the store app I will try that thanks!

Gald to help :D

4 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

But that RPCS3 is banneable if Sony catch you, if not I already have downloaded Earthworm Jim (suck when they delist games :()

How can Sony ban you if you're plaing on PC?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Yeah, actually Ratchet games may be, my bad. But a lot of games that you find for 10 or 20$/€ have a way more expensive physical version

Gald to help :D

How can Sony ban you if you're plaing on PC?

Sure you can buy physical copies but if theyre shutting down the PS3 store you won't be able to buy DLC to get the 100%, looking at you Assassin's Creed, since a lot of games didn't get a GOTY version with all the DLC on disc

28 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

I believe there recent purchases of a streaming service ...

They purchased and later sold Crackle, a streaming service, several years ago. In 2015, they created Vue, a streaming service, and closed it down last year.

I have zero faith that Sony being involved in a streaming service is an indicator of anything except that it won't be for very long.

Also, Sony is a very diverse company with their Insurance, Electronics, services, Television, Movie, Music, telecom, robotics and Gaming divisions. Their actions in one of their divisions probably aren't always indicative of something good or bad happening in a different division.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

Maybe VITA, and it will be in 10 years minimum

PS3 servers are not going to be discontinued, PS Now uses PS3 server to sync trophies and to play online, so no, PS3 trophy syncing will not be discontinued 

They spliced the ps network

theres a reason why you cant view ps5 trophies on older hardware

as for ps now

do you guys really think this service is going to stick around for the next several years

idk

i know several people with ps+
i have never met a single person with a ps now subscription

just the 7day timed trials to whore trophies in a weeks time

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fbdbh said:

Oh, that's nothing. Here's a fun timeline for you:

1. There are no more digital sales

2. You can't use the browser store to buy PS3 and Vita games

3. You can no longer use your credit card to buy PS3 and Vita games from the consoles

4. PS5 doesn't let you hide or unhide PS3 and Vita games from your profile

------- we are here now --------

5. Sony doesn't provide support if you receive any kind of error on PS3 and Vita

6. The stores are going away

7. Your downloads are going away

8. Trophy syncing is going away on PS3 and Vita (which already has weird outages, and support is silent)

5-6 is very close my "I'mma buy an Xbox" break point

If this is true, I'll be feeling physically ill - not because of the loss, but because of the hours I've put into games which I'll never 100%, because the DLCs will be gone forever.

Actually we are at step 5 already. I bought some DLC for Lost Planet 3 a few weeks ago and when i wanted to download it, it gave me an error saying the content has been deleted from the server.

I contacted Sony to ask for a refund but they didn't gave me one and said to download and back up everything that can be downloaded to a hard disk to always keep access to it.

Luckily i was able to download and install it later, (the cause probably were the psn problems from a few weeks ago) but it still shows Sony isn't helping with older games anymore.

25 minutes ago, NitrousPurge said:

I bought Dragon Age 2 DLC in the PS3 console store last month, definitely still works.

• Like 1

Just now, Heather342 said:

I bought Dragon Age 2 DLC in the PS3 console store last month, definitely still works.

yeah i mean like tony snake said I needed to delete my app and re enter it but i didn't even knew about that so I thought it was closed for months like an idiot lol