Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

Just now, arcanehornet_ said:

imagine threatening a multi million dollar corporation with a lawsuit due to an unconfirmed rumor

I said "if that happens" and if you honestly think Sony wants that negative publicity your crazy. There already getting enough because MS is buying up the market and they can't compete financially with them. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, duncanmcleod said:

Learning about this sad news, I wanted to make a few purchases on the PS3 store. But when about to pay I get a error message denying me from purchasing anything. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ? 

I got this too... I managed to buy the game from a PC browser and then download it from my PS3...

Just now, CB7Tuner91 said:

I said "if that happens" and if you honestly think Sony wants that negative publicity your crazy. There already getting enough because MS is buying up the market and they can't compete financially with them. 

Nintendo is also nipping at Sony's heels due to the massive success of the Switch.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Goatee_McGee said:

Honestly at this point I might have to just bite the bullet and buy some of the dlc I've left behind. I think after maybe 8 years playing, I've got like 3 games that have missing dlc that can still be obtained (Littlebigplanet, Borderlands 1 and 2). Out of all of the possible digital games I'm going to miss the most is probably Tokyo Jungle. I've 100% that, but the idea of losing that makes me depress.

Tokyo Jungle Japanese version is a physical release. Also a fair amount of Little Big Planet DLC, like the Pirate of the Caribbean in LBP1 and Muppets in LBP2, already got delisted.

3 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I mean, I can't blame people for being worried. First the webstore change on less than 2 weeks notice, now (potentially) this. I agree that some people are "over reacting", Sony doesn't need to give us a huge sale or free games just because they (may) be shutting down their storefronts. But if true, this does set a very concerning precedent for the future of the PS3 and Vita's online capabilities, and digital gaming in general.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the rumor was true though, the web store change was already a sign that they want to cut off the last gen stores as much as possible. 

• Like 1

Assuming this is true in any capacity, I'm guessing you'll still be able to download the content you've purchased already since those are linked to your account. I know the PS3 is old and discontinued but taking away the users abilty to even download the hundreds if not thousands of items they've bought is shitty no matter how you look at it. I could understand if they were shutting down the PSN network for PS3 too, but this is absurd.

Story seems kinda fishy to me as well so I am not gonna freak out or anything until there is official word.

While the store closing down would really suck I think the worst part would be losing all the PS1 and PS2 classics. The PS3 is only place to legally buy a lot of those games for reasonable prices. I mean you have your extreme examples like Suikoden II costing hundreds of dollars for a copy but there are lots of games that are like $50-$100 for an original copy but only $5-$10 on the PS3 store.

I've bought a lot of the ones I want but not all of them yet. Need to take a night just looking at all the games available and picking up the ones I still want.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, duncanmcleod said:

Learning about this sad news, I wanted to make a few purchases on the PS3 store. But when about to pay I get a error message denying me from purchasing anything. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ? 

Are you being affected by this?

7 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I mean, I can't blame people for being worried. First the webstore change on less than 2 weeks notice, now (potentially) this. I agree that some people are "over reacting", Sony doesn't need to give us a huge sale or free games just because they (may) be shutting down their storefronts. But if true, this does set a very concerning precedent for the future of the PS3 and Vita's online capabilities, and digital gaming in general.

They still need to get a grip. Most that are moaning haven't touched PS3 in years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZenaxPure said:

Story seems kinda fishy to me as well so I am not gonna freak out or anything until there is official word.

While the store closing down would really suck I think the worst part would be losing all the PS1 and PS2 classics. The PS3 is only place to legally buy a lot of those games for reasonable prices. I mean you have your extreme examples like Suikoden II costing hundreds of dollars for a copy but there are lots of games that are like $50-$100 for an original copy but only $5-$10 on the PS3 store.

I've bought a lot of the ones I want but not all of them yet. Need to take a night just looking at all the games available and picking up the ones I still want.

I agree, I am pissed that a lot of items might get thrown out the window, like the fatal frame series, silent hill 1, clock tower, shadow tower, echo night, godhand the og resident evil series and many more as a lot of them are over priced now to buy a disc but if the store is gone there goes most if not all the classics and really hard to get games

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Instead of entering the ps store, you go to account management, transaction history, download list. You can find everything you've bought and you can download them from there

I remember, that this didn't worked, when the Store was down.

So if this is true, there need to be at least a patch to make this available I guess :$

2 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I genuinely love the backlash that has been generated.

By the way, I have bought pretty much everything I had to buy digitally on PS3 and PSVita, so as long as Trophy syncing is a thing... 1f644.png

9-B118-A75-D0-F0-4-B0-E-87-FD-4-AED97-EB

Edited by arcanehornet_
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Nintendo is also nipping at Sony's heels due to the massive success of the Switch.

Yea give it a few more years and the effects will start to show. I believe there recent purchases of a streaming service and EVO shows that there preparing for other options to make money in the future. Id say about 4 to 5 years when MS's purchases start to produce games and with Nintendo nipping at there heels, on top of the relationship MS\Nintendo have Sonys in trouble in the future. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I genuinely love the backlash that has been generated.

By the way, I have bought pretty much everything I had to buy digitally on PS3 and PSVita, so as long as Trophy syncing is a thing... 1f644.png

There's only so much anti-consumer shit Sony can get away with while Microsoft both focuses on backwards compatibility, and purchasing studios meaning future games won't be on Sony platforms.

Aside from the PS5 selling more, Sony isn't doing anything better than Microsoft right now and are resting on their laurels.

• Like 4

This is sad. I just started getting into my Vita. I know that I shouldnt be surprised because this sort of thing was bound to happen. But, I hate to see it. I figured as much for the PS3 since they are pushing their PlayStation Now. Which is a pretty good deal for the amount of games you get access to. It always reminds me of Sega Channel. A great idea but way before its time.

It would suck, sure. But I have everything I want digital or know people who have delisted stuff to share from. So as long as you can still download everything that is already bought on that account, I'm fine with this. 

The big question would be the PS Vita. The PS3 has the download list feature that works without the ps store app I guess. But on the vita you need to actually enter the ps store to see your download list ?

• Like 1

If this turns out to be true, ps4 will be my last Playstation console.

I will only accept the ps3 and vita stores shutting down if the entire ps3 library is accesible in like, PS6 or something. And that would be accepting it, not being happy about it. (And this would only cover ps3 games, what about the vita?)

RPCS3 is making progress on ps3 emulation, and that's some guys doing it, you'd think a company as big as Sony would have the funds for that. And by the time ps6 is a thing, the way technology advances, it should be possible. Imagine the marketing potential, a console capable of playing ps3, ps4, ps5 and ps6 games + the few ps1 and ps2 classics. 

Take this news, hopefully fake news, with a grain of salt until an official announcement. I'm happy to see huge backlash. I'm worried that this could be true sooner than later.

• Like 2

Well, I wanted to buy some series like Ratchet, but I won't spend sth like $300 for such old titles. Furthermore, if they think that such move will encourage me to give them that amount of cash in an act of desperation, well, they are very wrong. I would happily buy all those games on discount, but definitely not for full price. I only bought Life is Strange for full Price (hehe) back when they announced removing PS3 and Vita content from the web browser, but firstly: this is just one title, not dozens, and secondly: I could pay any price for this masterpiece.