WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Zaros-QC said:

Anyone here knows if the ps3  is still available to purchase? because i tried to buy a game, content and the option to add to my cart has desappear so basically i don't see the option to buy also the legacy store has gone 😢

There’s a bug for some people where the button has disappeared. Apparently the action still works if you move to where it used to be

20 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

and really free online when most games have been shut down? Lol. I still get free online on PC. 

Most games haven't been shut down though. More online than offline. 

4 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

I think they’re physical-only on Vita? Just did a search on the store on my UK Vita and I can’t see any of the Danganronpa games

Nice, thanks

They should have given us, like, a year. Four months isn't a lot of time to buy everything you want.

Thankfully I don't have a whole lot I wanna miss out on - primarily just a few Sonic games/DLC packs and some Ratchet & Clank titles that fetch high prices on eBay and such - but if you do, I'm sincerely sorry you have to do that much panic-buying.

I'll pick up the few remaining DLCs I need for games I've already started, but I'll be goddamned if I'm purchasing new PS3 content just out of FOMO.

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, TonicLemonIce said:

I mean it's obvious that it had to come down to this someday, right? This isn't some kind of gaming doomsday scenario until owned digital games are unable to be downloaded which I consider to be highly unlikely. Could've given more time for the heads up tho 

If Sony decide to close servers and your ps3 cmos battery will die, you`re locked out of everything digital you own.

Edited by Beliar4
Typo

9 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

It's definitely not a "fuss over nothing". 

It is, people acting like its the end of the world. Moaning over something they haven't purchased in 15yrs and probably never would have. They probably don't need to give much notice because the activity on the store is that little. A few old games will be no longer available, 1000s and 1000s of other games to play, do you really need them in case you may decide to play it years from now. And like i said if you don't already have them were you ever gonna get them? If Sony shut the store down 30yrs from now people would still moan about the games they never got. 

3 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

im going to become a pirate

This is the way.

35 minutes ago, xVeintiocho2o2 said:

So how do I add Danganronpa 1 & 2 (Vita) to the cart on PS3. Do I have to buy a Vita just to buy these

They were delisted on vita over the summer 

Posted (edited)

Sony- October  2020 we will close internet store of ps3

Sony- March 2021 you can't buy  anymore games on ps3 psvita from summer 

Sony-November 2021 you will lose all ps3 psvita purchased games 

After all this is sony,you can expect anything from them

Edited by Squarevii87

I wonder how long before Sony stops caring about  supporting Twophies heheh 🤬

You only be allowed to play on your modem ps5 digital with bugsnax and  Pixar interactive Remasters of games that are 10 years old. 

Jim Ryan I kneel

I woke up I read the news & I have too much bad words in my mouth I would like to spit it out  . 

Just now, Hysteria said:

I woke up I read the news & I have too much bad words in my mouth I would like to spit it out  . 

Do it express your id name(hysteria)🙂

I'm joking of course

The only thing I'm concerned about; is if our PRam battery dies are we good?

10 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

They were delisted on vita over the summer 

Forgot about that

13 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

Sony- October  2020 we will close internet store of ps3

Sony- March 2021 you can't buy  anymore games on ps3 psvita from summer 

Sony-November 2021 you will lose all ps3 psvita purchased games 

After all this is sony,you can expect anything from them

One of those is not like the others. 

And so begins my furious scouring for DLC that I haven't bought yet for games I won't get around to for at least another 4 years or more!

34 minutes ago, blue_blur_98 said:

They should have given us, like, a year. Four months isn't a lot of time to buy everything you want.

Thankfully I don't have a whole lot I wanna miss out on - primarily just a few Sonic games/DLC packs and some Ratchet & Clank titles that fetch high prices on eBay and such - but if you do, I'm sincerely sorry you have to do that much panic-buying.

Like Ratchet Nexus? Holy god it is expensive, I have spent 50 dollars in sonic and sega titles I am afraid I have to bypass this, and try yo find this game physical. It is very hard to find.

At least now I don't have to rush and complete some of PS3 games, but anyone know if we could still redownload our games?
If not I'll be buying a lot less digital titles on Playstation 5 whenever I get one that is for sure.

Just now, Nightstream88 said:

At least now I don't have to rush and complete some of PS3 games, but anyone know if we could still redownload our games?
If not I'll be buying a lot less digital titles on Playstation 5 whenever I get one that is for sure.

Yes you can redownload your games, you can't buy from july 2

This is truly a bad news since i've some other games to buy digitally on Vita. On PS3 on the other side, i'm pretty done. They could at least make one last discount period for PS3/Vita games.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

Like Ratchet Nexus? Holy god it is expensive, I have spent 50 dollars in sonic and sega titles I am afraid I have to bypass this, and try yo find this game physical. It is very hard to find.

I know, right? Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is ungodly rare for a late PS3 game. There are very few physical copies available at any given time, and the ones that do pop up are usually at ludicrous prices. Usually $100+, which is way more than I'd be willing to pay. The Ratchet & Clank Collection is pretty expensive too, usually $60 or more, and doesn't include Deadlocked, which you can only get digitally on PS3.

Edited by blue_blur_98