Genshin Impact - PS5 Trophies Discussion (PS5 Version Has a Platinum)

Aranea Highwind

Now that's what I'm talking about! I knew a PS5 stack was just a matter of time - but to have additional trophies for content added through DLCs AND a platinum trophy?

This made me really happy! I really like the game - but I honestly couldn't bring myself to explore additional content as my motivation after collecting hundreds of chests just evaporated. Seeing these new trophies and this beautiful platinum - I'm very eager to jump back into it!

The original trophies and the ones that you've already met the requirements for will auto-pop. Thanks @DragonSpear2462 for the confirmation

What are your thoughts? Jumping back into it as well? Or gonna be starting fresh on PS5?

Edit 1: Wow, just saw that miHoYo also added DLC trophies to the original PS4 list as well! :D

Edited by Sydoki
  • Like 4

I had asked customer service while in game about additional trophy support for PlayStation and the possibility of a platinum trophy. They responded that it was highly likely. That was about 3 months ago.  Great to see they have finally implemented it!

How it will work if i started the game on playstation 5 and i earned the ps4 first set of trophies but now the game just auto update to PS5 version ? Will I get the trophies for PS4 or PS5 ? 

35 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

So I can just download this for free and enjoy on my ps5? This game isn't destroyed by micro transactions like other free games? 

Yes its ever free and no you can finish the game and get your platinum super easy but its limited grind because there is a point where you will just be able to get exp doing daily quests and this quests are limited per day using the resina, also this quests and resgina use less then 30 min to finish daily. 

Worth the experience, go for it but its not a rush game, even using money or not. 

Edited by Nyky_Leonhart
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

How many hours do we expect to get the platinum for a noob player? Never played the game on ps4, so starting from scratch.

2 minutes ago, stargate1995 said:

So for someone that hasn't played this before what is the road to platinum like here? Expected time investment and difficulty? Solo or co op?

Additionally would you be able to play the ps5 version and then load up the ps4 version to pop the trophies back there?

Hard to say the exact estimate. If you paly free to play. probably around 180 hours distributed over several weeks (collecting primo gems from dailies)
depending on your luck and how much you pay maybe around 80 hours and upto around $500? getting 2 decent teams of 4 characters and leveling them up to complete spiral abyss is going to be the determining factor.

13 minutes ago, stargate1995 said:

So for someone that hasn't played this before what is the road to platinum like here? Expected time investment and difficulty? Solo or co op?

the guide is still accurate more or less I think. The grindiest /longest trophies of the old list are still the longest. You are time-gated and need to get to adventure rank 50 at least which takes ~2-3 months about i think. there's only one trophy that you need co-op for still. most trophies come naturally.

3 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Interesting! ...although the NA PS4 list only has 7 100% achievers, how hard or how grindy will this one be? Will stats carry over? Will trophies autopop?

yes the trophies autopop. 7 100% acheivers is misleading. people haven't logged in to pop the new trophies yet.

Edited by lednatius

1 minute ago, lednatius said:

yes the trophies autopop. 7% is misleading. people haven't logged in to pop the new trophies yet.

Yeah, I saw the mistake the second I posted. Already did an edit lol sorry for that! Tho I guess the question of how hard or grindy will it be still stands

Edited by PatinumNumemon

23 minutes ago, lednatius said:

The grindiest /longest trophies of the old list are still the longest.

Ascending one character and one weapon to 80/90 won't really clear Abyss 12 for you. It needs 2 properly geared Carries and 6 decently developed Supports. It would be much easier if you didn't need to get 6/9 stars on floor 11 to progress to floor 12. Well, maybe the updated Abyss will be easier, but the current one was a pain is the ass, especially floor 11-2. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Ascending one character and one weapon to 80/90 won't really clear Abyss 12 for you. It needs 2 properly geared Carries and 6 decently developed Supports. It would be much easier if you didn't need to get 6/9 stars on floor 11 to progress to floor 12. Well, maybe the updated Abyss will be easier, but the current one was a pain is the ass, especially floor 11-2. 

yeah that's true clearing abyss 12 is harder but I mean by the time you get to AR 50 and are ready ascend to 80/90 for the first time you should already have viable teams of at least level 60s and a couple 80s

Just now, milanbarca82 said:

Does this have cross-play?  I want to play this coop with my brother who will be playing the PS4 version.

Yeah, you are able to play with all the other gaming platforms. You just can't cross-save outside the Playstation Consoles: PS4 and PS5 can cross-save with each other but not with mobile and PC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lednatius said:

yeah that's true clearing abyss 12 is harder but I mean by the time you get to AR 50 and are ready ascend to 80/90 for the first time you should already have viable teams of at least level 60s and a couple 80s

To clear floors 11 through 12?!

I'd love to know what setups and characters you're using for that.

I managed to struggle my way through 11-2 with literally 0 stars only to get to the end of floor 11 with no time left  >.<

• Like 1