I don’t want dlc to count for my percentage

11 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Option 1 - DLC “dilutes” the overall game percentage, meaning stopping at the platinum will earn you less than 100%

Option 2 - DLC is added on top of the original percentage, meaning you get 100% for the platinum but then end up with (for example) 120% once you’ve finished all the DLC

Option 3 - There is no option 3...

Both of the first two options end up pissing off some people, but the first makes a whole lot more sense mathematically

Option 3 would be to have DLC (all additional content) separate like certain Dead By Daylight and Hitman 2 expansions: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9668-dead-by-daylight-additional-chapters + https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9274-hitman-2-additional-expansions

When any additional content gets added to a game, it should have its own separate list like the two mentioned above. Like someone said earlier, if you don't pay for a DLC thus never playing it, why should you be 'penalized' for it? 

That would be nice, but I am not fussed either way.

19 hours ago, AyeOfReach said:

The other example is this new "free" update for Genshin Impact which require you to complete floor 12 of the spiral abyss. Well you see this F2P game and this trophy require that you play for years to get the best characters or to pay huge amount of $ to get the 100%. It's really unpleasant and unethical, why ruin my % like this ?

Wrong, I got 100% base game without spending a dime and in less than 3 months. The new trophies came, all autopop without spending a dime with exception of abyss 12, cause I didnt care for it much on launch but i am on abyss 10, can probably do it, but again just not care for abyss much.

This thread got moved to the "Site help" section?

...oh, no.

Anyway, if you truly care about completion percentage, you must do whatever it takes to keep it - after all, you resigned yourself to that task. If it's too draining for you, you can choose simply to leave it aside and do things you enjoy more with the time you've been spending going after 100%.

Or you can carefully pick and choose games without DLC to add to your profile... which is totally valid, if you like it, but I think you can see when that would start to feel like a chore. (SPOILER: probably really fast.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Anyway, if you truly care about completion percentage, you must do whatever it takes to keep it - after all, you resigned yourself to that task. If it's too draining for you, you can choose simply to leave it aside and do things you enjoy more with the time you've been spending going after 100%.

This right here. I dislike DLC as a concept for various reasons that have been talked about to death over the years, but that doesn't matter. If a game needs DLC to 100% then I just shut up and buy it, because that's what I've resigned myself to as someone interested in completion percentage. 

2 hours ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Or you can carefully pick and choose games without DLC to add to your profile... which is totally valid, if you like it, but I think you can see when that would start to feel like a chore. (SPOILER: probably really fast.)

Completionists should also be ready for a Hat in Time situation where DLC comes out years after the game is released and be prepared to spend money you may not have been expecting to.

• Like 2

Trophy hunting is itself not something most people with a ps3, 4, or 5 care about. And among those that do, as I've experienced it time and again on this very site, having a 100% account is something that most people who care about trophy hunting, don't care to do. At that point, let people who want 100% have their 100% by being arsed to buy and play through dlc lists.

Tl;dr - don't limit the extent that this hobby can go for people just because you don't want to be bothered with the more involved sides of it. Pick and choose your games more carefully, have multiple accounts, whatever, but an S rank is an S rank because it's 100% including the dlc, sorry

Funnily enough, my tldr turned out to be about as long as my main point, but w/e

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

Wrong, I got 100% base game without spending a dime and in less than 3 months. The new trophies came, all autopop without spending a dime with exception of abyss 12, cause I didnt care for it much on launch but i am on abyss 10, can probably do it, but again just not care for abyss much.

Who mentioned base game trophies ? I'm talking about "abyss 12" trophy specifically and I got all trophies in 1 month purchasing only the battle pass.

Edited by AyeOfReach

5 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I'm sorry, but your friend seems, for lack of a better word, a little bitch, and should take advantage  of a simulated situation (gaming) to grow a spine.

I'll touch on Genshin real quick, it's  a f2p game, so to be a piece of shit on the money side is expected.

This DLC is from the original game, when ND decided to remove it because it was too hard for kids at the time. Fast forward to PS4, VV decided to  please the fans and add it back, they didn't  even add it in the base game, in fear of stopping many people from getting the platinum, but as a DLC, as a proof that person X did it,  all this, without disrupting the platinun, when it should have been in the base game in the first place.

Now. That your friend quit trophy hunting for this is jarring, and more of a problem on him, rather than the nature of DLCs, either he would have quit the moment he saw another challenge from a different  game, or burned his money on Ratalaika stuff. So I guess it's  better he just plays TDD now.

Paying for DLC in order to raise %, though, or stuff like Killing Floor 2 still adding DLCs periodically after 4 fucking years, yeah, that I can understand why someone would be mad, but because they're  hard? That's  pathethic, sorry.

Regardless, other sites like TrueTrophies can be customized to make your DLC % go away completely, if that's what you care.

Yea I agree with you and I can understand that the intention of adding relics and then a dlc was to make it a bit challenging but still ...

I couldn't understand him at first when he was buying every dlc for every game he plays n couldn't understand why he avoids games rated above 4 in difficulty, cause then it makes no since.. you know when have 100% profile but all easy games but since he like it that way then for each his own.

Regarding Crash, relics maybe his fault, he shouldn't have started the game before checking its trophies first but they did ruin his completion. Why not for example keep base game trophies separate from dlc trophies. Have two bars for exmple: major for base game and minor for dlcs whithout them affecting base game completion %. Seriously, if one did not buy a dlc then it shouldn't be counted towards his completion. Here in psnp do they count everyone owns the base game when calculating rarity for dlc trophies ? Why not say they should have been doing this ? It's not right lad.

As for Genshin yea it's expected for a F2P game to do so and it's a known fact that dlcs will keep coming and for those who don't know they made even harder after the addition of dlc trophies.. I just gave the example to support my argument.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, technole said:

Buying a game is a paywall. 

Not really. The game is the game. (Barring some extenuating circumstances found in a few F2P titles), no part of a game is cordoned off for not buying the game in the first place. DLC exists on top of the game. These parts are cordoned off.

That's not to say that DLC trophies are an inherently bad thing. I think a lot of people on here would find most DLCs a little hollow without them. But I do recognize that these are things that exist on top of games. In regards to the site, I'd like to see more customization options, even if I weren't to use them - but I also understand why people wouldn't.

That being said, I don't think there's much of an excuse if the DLC trophies focus on features included in the base game.

1 hour ago, AyeOfReach said:

Yea I agree with you and I can understand that the intention of adding relics and then a dlc was to make it a bit challenging but still ...

I couldn't understand him at first when he was buying every dlc for every game he plays n couldn't understand why he avoids games rated above 4 in difficulty, cause then it makes no since.. you know when have 100% profile but all easy games but since he like it that way then for each his own.

Regarding Crash, relics maybe his fault, he shouldn't have started the game before checking its trophies first but they did ruin his completion. Why not for example keep base game trophies separate from dlc trophies. Have two bars for exmple: major for base game and minor for dlcs whithout them affecting base game completion %. Seriously, if one did not buy a dlc then it shouldn't be counted towards his completion. Here in psnp do they count everyone owns the base game when calculating rarity for dlc trophies ? Why not say they should have been doing this ? It's not right lad.

As for Genshin yea it's expected for a F2P game to do so and it's a known fact that dlcs will keep coming and for those who don't know they made even harder after the addition of dlc trophies.. I just gave the example to support my argument.

Well yes, if we're talking about paying for DLCs, you and I are on the same page, I'd even go further in saying that free DLC shouldn't  have the fixed  rarity count the ones you pay have (PSNP uses a specific formula I forgot, regarding your question), due to everyone having access to it, however, it is without a doubt a very hard work, which unfortunately  leaves trophies like the brutal mode of Uncharted to suffer from it. Considering how the Rarity Leaderboard  has been on Limbo  for a long while, and how DLCs and percentages don't  have a  unanimous agreement, as you can see from this thread, I doubt  there will be any changes on the horizon. Still other sites have an option to customize your rarity percentages.

Personally, it was exactly DLC that stopped me from having a completionist profile, I cared about having a 95%+, but, truth is, most of the time DLCs are lackluster and overpriced, so I just  stopped caring.

• Like 1

I have always preferred to wait and play a game once all content is available (with a few exceptions) and it really makes the dlc more enjoyable as it just blends in with the original game.

I also always save the platinum till the end and I’ve found it does help with the desire to go back to a game even if it’s been a long time since you last played it. 

All I need to do on Ghosts of Tsushima is buy something from the dye merchants and the platinum is complete... a two minute task, but I also need to complete new game plus and I will also now be rewarded with the platinum for doing so.

As a trophy hunter especially it just provides that extra oomph for a game where the dlc is not very appealing. Tsushima is a bad example because it’s a mint game regardless it’s just one of my incomplete ones that I can use as an example. 

I personally think making the platinum unobtainable until ALL other trophies are done would be the better option, although I get that it would cause uproar.. forcing people to pay for extra content in order to obtain the platinum.

23 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

as you can see from this thread, I doubt  there will be any changes on the horizon. Still other sites have an option to customize your rarity percentages.

Neither do I and like we all know it's not in Sony's favor nor in the other companies' to do so. I'm not complaining really. It's just someone mentioned something unethical going on and someone denied it, then there is this who said that trophies are just pics you could download them to your PC.

On 2.5.2021 at 0:32 AM, SSJJGOD said:

I platinumed a game, but still only have an A rank because of the dlc content. is there any way to get rid of this?

Just hide the game so it doesnt show up in your stats. And voila you got 100%. it's magic!

• Like 1

This is why I measure completion by platinum only. I never buy DLC, largely because I’ve usually long since finished a game, got rid of it and forgotten it by the time DLC released. Can’t say it bothers me that it doesn’t show 100% on PSN if it’s got that shiny plat next to it.

It used to really bother me when I had a 360 and the only measurement was percentage.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

Considering DLC trophy rarity isnt based on the number of players who have the base game, it makes sense that completion percent and rank should depend on the base game only (unless you've earnt a DLC trophy).

If we proceed with the assumption that not buying/playing extra content means you havent completed the game, then I would argue that all players of the base game should be factored into the rarity of DLC trophies.

Cant have it both ways, it doesnt make sense.

Edited by JediKnight_327
  • Like 1

Just now, JediKnight_327 said:

Considering DLC trophy rarity isnt based on the number of players who have the base game, it makes sense that completion percent and rank should depend on the base game only (unless you've earnt a DLC trophy).

If we proceed with the assumption that not buying extra content means you havent completed the game, then I would argue that all players of the base game should be factored into the rarity of DLC trophies.

Cant have it both ways, it doesnt make sense.

It is even worse than that. Not all owners of the base game are factored into the DLC rarities, but the100% completion of a game is based on all base game owners ? That results in stuff like Diablo 3 not having a single UR trophy but the 100% completion being as low as 2.4%... 

Anyways, quickly on topic. A platinum trophy is simply a trophy denoting that you have completed the BASE GAME of some selected games (since, you know.. not all base games have a platinum trophy). It does not denote that you have completed all of that game's trophy content and, consequently, it should not give you an automatic 100% completion of the entire trophy list. 

It's up to you whether you are content with completing only base game content or not, but it is not up to you to define what it means to complete a trophy list. 

• Like 4

:dunno:

I don't want my neighbours dog to bark at night, my postman to rattle the letterbox too early, or my pizza to be too greasy when it arrives, but as the old saying goes:

"Want in one hand and shit in the other, and see which fills up first"

Edited by DrBloodmoney

just make sure you know what your getting into, Don't buy a new game only to get fucked by it's dlc. rent the bastard play it on a second account if you absolutely must play a game you're unsure of. it's cheaper to rent, costs nothing to play online providing you play for plus on one of those accounts.

generally capcom games have full bore cancer dlc. devil may cry, resident evil literally all their ips, just know what your getting into, other then that most games are easy

On 2.5.2021 at 7:13 AM, AyeOfReach said:

Greedness is something ethical ?

Enjoy what my bud ? Playing only 1 game for years ? I wanna play other games as well, my backlog is nearing 300 games.

The other thing is u shld know what I'm talking about. This game is not about challenge, it's about $ money "Pay to Win".

i wouldnt call dlc automatically greedness. the lego games for example have pretty fair DLC in my opinion. its real original content that does not feel like it got cut from the game but like something new. 
also burnout paradise i think had very fair dlc.
When you get a game that feels complete and then there is something added i dont really see a problem with that. from a trophy completionists perspective its a bit annoying. also for me but when its done in a fair way i usually also buy the DLC. most times i wait for a 50% sale.

Another thing to keep in mind is that not every developer has a huge budget. sometimes they make a game thats as big as they can afford and when it ends up beein really good they can afford to make more content for it. look at no mans sky for example. that was a 8 people team that created what they could. and with sales they were able to improve the game. in this case even as free DLC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

i wouldnt call dlc automatically greedness. the lego games for example have pretty fair DLC in my opinion. its real original content that does not feel like it got cut from the game but like something new. 
also burnout paradise i think had very fair dlc.
When you get a game that feels complete and then there is something added i dont really see a problem with that. from a trophy completionists perspective its a bit annoying. also for me but when its done in a fair way i usually also buy the DLC. most times i wait for a 50% sale.

Another thing to keep in mind is that not every developer has a huge budget. sometimes they make a game thats as big as they can afford and when it ends up beein really good they can afford to make more content for it. look at no mans sky for example. that was a 8 people team that created what they could. and with sales they were able to improve the game. in this case even as free DLC

Well yea not all the devs are greedy n some may produce excellent free content on periodic basis as well, like Blizzard (Overwatch) or Digital Extremes (Warframe).

We have been talking about trophies and how they're forced into ur completion % and most ppl I think will agree that dlc's in general are overpriced and therefore those devs are greedy, that's why dlc trophies are counted with base game trophies even though you don't own these trophies' dlc.

Back in the days, I used to care a lot about 100% my games, nowadays I only play the DLC if I like it, expands the story or similar, I stay away from waves like dlc, I don't like them. Not all games are worth the time, sometimes DLC is quite expensive for what it offers.