Things to note before doing the online trophies!

Sergen

10 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Realistically you should allow yourself more than just a day or two because of the logistical stuff involved in boosting groups and the shitty matchmaking system. Boosting these kinds of games always takes a lot longer than you expect them to. But as of right now there’s a little under 3 weeks left until the shutdown, which leaves you plenty of time. There are still quite a few active groups working on this right now so it won’t be hard finding boosting partners and jumping right in.

I thought the shutdown date was September 16th.

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

Yeah it's shutting on September 16th, maybe he got mixed up and thought it was August 16th lol. September 16th is plenty of time, the competitive multiplayer took me around 8 hours to do but I only had 1 other boosting partner and used 3 PS3's while he used 2. With more people I guess it's fair to say that the whole boost might take you 15 hours because you'd have to take turns for the M4 kills. The longest online aspects are definitely the solo grind for level 50 in arcade mode and the challenge mode story run because it requires you to complete the story of the game twice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Yeah it's shutting on September 16th, maybe he got mixed up

Yes, derp. My bad! The shutdown is September 16th. I knew that, but I must have got stuck in a time warp because for some reason I was counting as if today was August 28th rather than July 28th?

In that case you have far, far more time than you’d actually need to finish this and could relax a bit. But I would still recommend getting started sooner rather than later if you decide to buy it, because it is still quite a lot to get through. And the tedium makes it feel worse than it actually is.

Okay so I did some quick research and a few DLC trophies require multiple people, however you can get them in one multiplayer match. Going to be like Red Dead Redemption where we basically lined up everybody for Kingpin, then took turns.

6 hours ago, Sergen said:

Yeah it's shutting on September 16th, maybe he got mixed up and thought it was August 16th lol. September 16th is plenty of time, the competitive multiplayer took me around 8 hours to do but I only had 1 other boosting partner and used 3 PS3's while he used 2. With more people I guess it's fair to say that the whole boost might take you 15 hours because you'd have to take turns for the M4 kills. The longest online aspects are definitely the solo grind for level 50 in arcade mode and the challenge mode story run because it requires you to complete the story of the game twice.

It's roughly 400 kills according to the trophy guide on this website. Is it possible to boost with just two players? I'd rather not play with multiple people if I don't have to except for the aforementioned trophies.

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It's roughly 400 kills according to the trophy guide on this website. Is it possible to boost with just two players? I'd rather not play with multiple people if I don't have to except for the aforementioned trophies.

M4 kills can be done with 2 people. 

Edit- or by yourself with a dummy account.

Edited by Floorkiller74

20 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The Complete Edition is $29.99 on the PS Store. I got a month and a half to do all the online. Should I go thru with it?

Depends how you feel about tedious grinds to reach max lvl. Otherwise, the rest is easily do able in that time

50 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The Complete Edition is $29.99 on the PS Store. I got a month and a half to do all the online. Should I go thru with it?

I'm still needing several of the dlc trophies and been working on the arcade grind as well. Unreliable people has been frustrating but the trophies haven't been too bad. People say the arcade grind is bad but every run I do I find something that happens to laugh at (character animations, etc) so I've been entertained. 

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

It’s a good game and that’s what made me go for it. There is still time to get the online done. 

34 minutes ago, Darkwaxer said:

This is my concern. I don’t mind the level 50 grind because that’s on me, the sweep and five player trophies are a worry.

Worst case scenario for Sweep: create a gaming session on this website for 16 players to join and be a full lobby for the mode. There's no shortage of people who will want to do the trophy now that the game is going to shutdown and it's a Rockstar game that got a lot of sales. Otherwise one of my friends got a sweep by spamming the :cross: button in a Gang Wars match with a turbo controller and the rest of the team got the sweep. The same goes for the 5 player trophy, no shortage of people who will want to get it and because you're thinking about this with over 40 days left, you'll have plenty of time to sort this out.

So the online takes over 50 hours, 30 hours of grinding to Rank 50, then 15 - 20 hours because Challenge Mode requires online even though you’re playing the story again. 

Likely, it’s roughly 55 - 60 hours altogether because of having to boost with multiple people. That’s assuming that your boosting sessions go smoothly. When I did Red Dead Redemption I ran into some real assholes.

Max Payne 3 has a prestigious 100 percent, but is it really worth it? Regardless, this is a big time commitment since you have just over 40 days to finish the online. That’s roughly a hour and a half, to two hours of gaming everyday on average. 

I might skip this game to be honest. The online trophies in Watch Dogs 1 and Watch Dogs 2 look far more appealing, just about all but one online trophy in both doesn't require more than one online player. The one online trophy in Watch Dogs 2 that requires multiple people can be done very quickly, as opposed to multiple online trophies in Max Payne 3. 

Grinding a mode for 30 hours to get Rank 50, and setting a session for multiple people to get at least three online trophies just does not sound like fun to me.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

So the online takes over 50 hours, 30 hours of grinding to Rank 50, then 15 - 20 hours because Challenge Mode requires online even though you’re playing the story again. 

Challenge mode isn't that long, took me about 8 hours. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

19 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Likely, it’s roughly 55 - 60 hours altogether because of having to boost with multiple people. That’s assuming that your boosting sessions go smoothly. When I did Red Dead Redemption I ran into some real assholes.

Max Payne 3 has a prestigious 100 percent, but is it really worth it? Regardless, this is a big time commitment since you have just over 40 days to finish the online. That’s roughly a hour and a half, to two hours of gaming everyday on average. 

I might skip this game to be honest. The online trophies in Watch Dogs 1 and Watch Dogs 2 look far more appealing, just about all but one online trophy in both requires more than one online player. The one online trophy in Watch Dogs 2 that requires multiple people can be done very quickly, as opposed to multiple online trophies in Max Payne 3. 

Grinding a mode for 30 hours to get Rank 50, and setting a session for multiple people to get at least three online trophies just does not sound like fun to me.

Anyone that is going to start now is really going to have to rush through the online trophies before the server shutdown. It is getting closer and closer to the now or never point for gamers still undecided on deciding to try to go for the platinum if just starting from scratch. The longer people wait to start, the more time they will have to spend playing each day in order to get the online done. The online grind is a lot less frustrating than RDR imo, but Max Payne 3 is still a grind and it is a lengthy time commitment to complete all of the online trophies in a month and a half.

Don't forget the boredom to get to rank 50. I must of played the bar chapter hundreds of times. Doing this with no breaks in between is just mentally very though. I earned the last online trophy ( challenge mode) a while ago. But even then i couldn't get back in the game to retry for the shadows rushed me trophy ( all i need for plat and 100%) because of the controls. 

Besides my backlog is just too big to play a game for 4 hours, only to get killed and have made no progress. I don't know, maybe i'll try again someday, it's just that you have to put time in memorizing everything again in the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, x7251 said:

Anyone that is going to start now is really going to have to rush through the online trophies before the server shutdown. It is getting closer and closer to the now or never point for gamers still undecided on deciding to try to go for the platinum if just starting from scratch. The longer people wait to start, the more time they will have to spend playing each day in order to get the online done. The online grind is a lot less frustrating than RDR imo, but Max Payne 3 is still a grind and it is a lengthy time commitment to complete all of the online trophies in a month and a half.

I took a risk with Driveclub and Driveclub Bikes. The servers would shut on March 31st, 2020. I started around the last week of February, so I had just over a month to get the online done. Turns out I had little to do in terms of playing with other players. The only 'direct online' trophy was the I'll Save That For Later trophy in Driveclub Bikes, you had to score in the top 3 on the podium and save a replay of that race with six online players, including yourself. For the other online trophies, you just had to be connected to the servers. So the online really wasn't bad at all.

Max Payne has three trophies that require 4 - 5 online players, a bunch that you can easily boost with just 2 - 3 people, and the rest are ones where you need to be connected online. Assuming that the trophies that require other people take around 8 - 15 hours of boosting, I still have to grind out that Rank 50 trophy and do that challenge playthrough which requires me to beat the story at least once to unlock challenge mode.

The Rank 50 trophy reminds me of Killzone: Mercenary, a PS Vita only game. I did most of the online stuff with bots, only a few matches had to be played with other people. I had to play an online match to get a trophy to unlock in Killzone: Mercenary, so that Rank 50 trophy in Max Payne 3 sounds like the same ordeal.

If I'm going to start this game, I will have to start this coming week or otherwise it's going to be too much pressure for me to try to finish. I don't like to be pressured a mere few weeks before a server shutdown where the trophies are unobtainable forever. Of course, my other option is to just casually play, but for someone who is a completionist I can do that anytime on an alt account anyway.

Driveclub only had one direct online trophy, so I was completely fine with starting it up a few weeks before server shutdown.

Despite all this, Max Payne 3 doesn't sound anything near as bad as Killzone 2, where you had that online trophy for scoring in the top 1 percent in any given week.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I might skip this game to be honest. The online trophies in Watch Dogs 1 and Watch Dogs 2 look far more appealing, just about all but one online trophy in both doesn't require more than one online player. The one online trophy in Watch Dogs 2 that requires multiple people can be done very quickly, as opposed to multiple online trophies in Max Payne 3. 

You are just wasting time asking people wether you should start it or not. Either man up and hurry up and do it! Or leave it be :)

• Like 3