After Trophies

LegendExeter

I always keep them nowadays. The only games I've sold in recent years are games I have "duplicates" of, such as a newer/remaster version of the game or a game I otherwise have repurchased as part of a collection. Even then that's rare, since usually my original copy isn't even worth enough for me to bother selling it. I did make a small profit on the Super Rare version of Human Fall Flat though, after I repurchased the newly released retail version which has more content on the cart/disc anyway.

There's a lot of games and a few consoles I sold when I was younger that I regret now, so I'd rather not sell anything any more, even if I know there's a good chance I may never replay something. I occasionally have gone back to games I didn't think I'd ever try again. Plus, I like having the collection, and many of my games also hold sentimental value to me.

• Like 2

I keep everything. It feels good to randomly look at them and remember some good/bad times.

Oh - here we boosted with these dudes. This one was quick and easy and that one was too long to get.

And those I never opened.....

Memories are priceless, when you trade you will forget about them at some point.

I trade/sell pretty much every physical game once I'm done with it, I never go back to a game once I've platted it so there's no point keeping them

I can look at my trophy list for memories rather than having the clutter and it just feels like a waste of money to leave them sitting there

2 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

I'm just wondering what do you do with your games after platinum or getting all the trophies?

Do you keep them or do you sell them off on Amazon to recoup some of your cost back?

I delete them. my game library has been all digital since PS4 launched

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For physical games I keep the ones like I like or collect (FF, KH, Tales... ) and sell the ones I don't really care about (like I sold nier automata off). I play a lot of Japanese games and living in the UK, I obviously cannot sell those here so I just keep them. 

For digital, I keep the save file in cloud storage (and also a USB `as I'm OCD like that), and either move the game to my external hard drive or delete it if I need more space. I have a pretty even mix of physical and digital games, probably a bit more physical games in terms of ones I buy myself, while my digital ones are mostly the free ps plus ones. 

For digital, I'll delete the game as there's not really a need to play it anymore. The one exception is the port of Final Fantasy VII, which as my favourite game of all time, gets to stay on there. I may also delete the save file but only if it's a game that hasn't got any dlc. If it has, I'll leave the save on the off chance I ever get it and go for the 100% as well as the platinum. 

Physical, I just keep in a box under my bed. Trade in values for a lot of them wouldn't be worth the trek into town and that would also involve sorting them out so the right discs are in the right cases - a task I can't be arsed to do at the best of times.

When it comes to physicals, I keep all of mine. I've never been able to let go of my games even after finishing them. I still have my old PS1 and 2 collections cause I can't bear to get rid of them; too many memories, you know? It's neat to not only look through your platinums but to see the physical copies of the games on your shelf and occasionally reminisce about the experience - good or bad.

For digital, I delete them from my PS4 as soon as the platinum pops and then hide them in my library. It makes it a little less overbearing when I open my library for something new to play.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I keep all my games. The good ones, the bad ones, the short ones, the long ones.

The only games I do not keep are those that weren't mine to begin with (yay friends!).

Funding my collection is no issue, so I see no reason to sell off completed games.

I'm gonna add a question:

What do you do with your savegames?

Most of my savegames from the PS3 are destroyed. There's only so much room on a phat and if the game has no post-story.. I think it's fine to wipe the save data.

There's a handful that survived the purge some years back, most of which were super long games (80+ hours) or uncompleted games.

Since the PS4 launch, purchasing physical copies of games became such a rarity that I typically intend to keep any discs I buy. 95% of my PS4 library is digital, and those get deleted after completion, unless they're something so special that I desire to replay them (which isn't often). HDD space is scarce when you have a gargantuan backlog like mine.