GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

After looking at reviews and gameplay on YouTube, i decided to cancel my pre order of the physical version. 

To bad this version is not good. 

I COULD live with the graphics, and the other small things. What did it for me, is that the controls are not GTA V like. I had looked forward to full update in controls. 

Might as well just play the old games then :) 

• Like 1

So I played San Andreas for free on my Xbox Series X, thanks to game pass. This is terrible :D

Pre-order cancelled, I don't wanna support this shitty remasters :D

Glad I bought the original PS2 versions a couple of years ago on a sale.

• Like 2

I agree with you Bloody ?

that rockstar put out this shitty remaster, doesnt make me boycot Them. As Long as i get games like GTA V and RDR2, im happy. 

To me this was an eye opener. Actually i dont need to play the older ps2 gta games, i just wanna keep my good memories.

rockstar is still a huge Company and they have made the biggest games in the Industry, and im sure GTA 6 and other future titles, Will have the same High quality as all other games they have released.

no more remasters, please ?

• Like 2

Was convinced this would be a cashgrab from the moment it was announced and the trailer didn't do anything to convince me otherwise even though it seemed to win over a lot of people, the lack of information pre release apart from that trailer and not giving early copies out to reviewers was very telling.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Was convinced this would be a cashgrab from the moment it was announced and the trailer didn't do anything to convince me otherwise even though it seemed to win over a lot of people, the lack of information pre release apart from that trailer and not giving early copies out to reviewers was very telling.

if memory serves me right, Rockstar never releases much info pre release of a game?

why would they do it now Then? 

it’s just trailers and hype ? 

like i Said, rockstar never let me Down before, but im not gonna trust Them again if They give the task to other outsider studios 

I really can't believe that Rockstar greenlighted that shit. The masters of Digital Foundry did an excellent job covering this garbage.

Edit: The PS4 version runs at 864p while RDR2 and GTA run at a locked 1080p! This is just awful...

Edited by Gommes_

7 hours ago, meterano7 said:

you got it exactly wrong. The lesson here is to stick to the originals.

How exactly can i get MY feeling wrong?

I, me, myself, have no need to go back to the older games. I thought i wanted to, but while looking at reviews for the remasters, i found that the gameplay hasn't aged well, and i have no desire to experience the ps2 games again, after all...

Im very interested in HOW i can get that wrong. Please enlighten me :) 

4 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

How exactly can i get MY feeling wrong?

I, me, myself, have no need to go back to the older games. I thought i wanted to, but while looking at reviews for the remasters, i found that the gameplay hasn't aged well, and i have no desire to experience the ps2 games again, after all...

Im very interested in HOW i can get that wrong. Please enlighten me :) 

What I meant was that the DE should not be the deciding factor if one plays the old GTA games, as it is not representative of the original titles. Of course they aged, especially III. but they are still very much a great experience. I feel SA is holding up pretty well for the most part. The issue with the DE is not the gameplay, it is the shoddy framework holding it together (I even consider the graphics fine for what it was trying to be).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

Should have just focused on gta 3, no reason to do all 3 games at once. Obvious cash grab is obvious.

Yeah, cash grab is the ONLY logical explanation. 

Rockstar CLEARLY isn't making enough $$$ on GTA Online, RDR2, or all the other masterpieces they've made through the years. So milking 20+ years old games, that they had another studio remaster, makes so much sense. They are willing to piss of their fans, and risk their business, over a remaster. 

Only reasonable conclusion right there. 

The internet these days....

3 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Yeah, cash grab is the ONLY logical explanation. 

Rockstar CLEARLY isn't making enough $$$ on GTA Online, RDR2, or all the other masterpieces they've made through the years. So milking 20+ years old games, that they had another studio remaster, makes so much sense. They are willing to piss of their fans, and risk their business, over a remaster. 

Only reasonable conclusion right there. 

The internet these days....

Do you have a better explanation as to why Rockstar - a company usually known for their high production values and quality - would allow the games to be released in this state? Why would they purposefully allowed a buggy, glitchy and inferior versions of some of their most popular titles to be released if it were not to bank off the nostalgia of people? I highly doubt that they were needing this game to be a hit to keep the company afloat. It's a cash grab - a low effort product designed to make the most money as possible.

If they genuinely wanted to make a definitive edition of the trilogy, they can and should have done better than this. That they didn't shows that they just had it made for a quick buck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ashbo said:

Imagine the heat in here if people actually played the trilogy!!

Absolute bantersville.

You know I would be bitching my heart out if I were playing these remasters on the PS5. They look just terrible. I mean.... you can't do much with remastering a 20 year old game and trying to make it conform to today's standards. Would of been better if they just remade the damn things. Like what Hangar 13 did with the original Mafia.

20 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

To me GTA 5 and RDR 2 are masterpieces. I'm talking about a single-player portion of these games. I am not into multi-player that much. If this is the type of game I get from a company "that doesn't give two fucks about the players", personally I'm all good.

On a more serious note. Sorry, but concentrating on GTA Online which obviously many people still play, and releasing a shitty remaster which I didn't even buy is not enough of a reason to boycott Rockstar. And I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking this.

Also, why should any company "give a fuck" about me? There are not my friends. I'm sure they give a fuck about sales. So, they should concentrate on making the best product possible. If they will bring another game like the two I mentioned, that is all I need from them. It's that simple. People are not stupid. They don't need some sort of eye-opening from a "fellow gamer". Once the quality decreases, the sales decrease. Not immediately, but for sure they will. Hype or in this case nostalgia is not enough in the long run. And I'm sure Rockstar is well aware.

Please. It sounds like you're trying so hard to defend Rockstar.

I supported them for decades. What they did with my money, or millions of other peoples money, I couldn't of cared less. I enjoyed the games they made, because they pushed the standards and the limits, even when all the soccer moms were trying to get their games taken off the shelves back in the 2000s.

Rockstar handled controversies well, and Dan Houser knew that.

The fact that my initial bitching post got 23 upvotes tells me plenty of people here support my position.

Did I offend you because of how heated I was in my rant? Well tough shit. I'm saying people are stupid for supporting this crap. And it sounds like you basically got triggered by the rant I made anyway, as I see you trying to put quotations around certain segments that I wrote.

I'm going to continue to say what I've said to people who were disgusted with EA. Stop supporting them. Stop giving them your attention. Vote with your wallet. When you're one of the richest video game companies in existence, it would be foolish of you not to give a fuck about sales.

I feel that nostalgia is part of it, but people are seeing this trilogy for what it is and calling Rockstar out for it.

When they stop milking the shit out of GTA Online, and actually give us a new game or a new IP (or both), then I will believe they care about making the best product possible. But until I see results, I'm not going to believe that.

If you want to call what I'm saying is boycotting, take it as you will.

Edited by AJ_Radio

Man I am so happy I still have my PS2 copies, I had a gut feeling that it was gonna be bad when they announced they were removing the other versions from the stores and replacing it with the "Definitive Edition".