PSA - Virtuous Cycle will be free for the first 5 days!

LonesomeRoads

56 minutes ago, LonesomeRoads said:

Very cool gesture by the devs that I thought would be appreciated by some here!

Indeed it is! Huge props to Playstack & Cold Symmetry for doing this, as well as for giving us this great game in the first place! Thrilled for the expansion - I always felt like the small and atmospheric world of the game was ripe for roguelike mechanics.

Any word if there will be any new trophies?

While I found the game to be one of the most disappointing i've ever played, I would be happy to jump back in for a few trophies.

As long I don't have to beat the final boss with no shell again.

Edited by objectioner
Grammar

That's awesome that they're willing to give it away for five days. I'll definitely add it to my game but not sure if I'll play it. I'm only barely a fan of Souls-like games and a staunch NOT fan of rogue-like games. 

Well, first we'll have to see if any trophies get added, haha. That's a bigger factor in whether I play it or not, let's be honest.

Edit: yup, there are new trophies. One is for spending 100,000 tar at the shop, so that'll take a while, haha. 

12 new trophies total, 11 bronze and 1 silver. Looks like I'll be diving back in!

Edited by yowzagabowza

On 8/17/2021 at 8:08 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

Do I need to buy the game to add the DLC to my library for free? I plan to get it one day.

Edit: You can add the DLC to your library without purchasing the game.

This has always been the case. You never need to own a game to claim free DLC. I claim all free DLC I come across whether I intend to buy the game or not. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

The DLC is on the EU store under the PS5 version but not the PS4 version... does getting the one under the PS5 version work on the PS4 version or have they for whatever reason not yet released that one? 

Edit: Checking the internet store the DLC is listed as PS4 & PS5 so it should give you access to it on both versions. Haven't actually checked myself yet.

Edited by Rozalia1

22 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

The DLC is on the EU store under the PS5 version but not the PS4 version... does getting the one under the PS5 version work on the PS4 version or have they for whatever reason not yet released that one? 

Edit: Checking the internet store the DLC is listed as PS4 & PS5 so it should give you access to it on both versions. Haven't actually checked myself yet.

Was just about to post a comment asking the same thing xD im confused as well but im assuming it works for both ps4 and ps5 versions when you add the dlc to your library?

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Did they make this DLC permanently free or only until August 22nd as they stated? Unable to locate it on the PS Store.

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/4756107/mortal-shell-the-virtuous-cycle

It not listed under the PS+ version only the Enhanced edition (PS4/PS5).

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 17.5.2022 at 4:17 AM, Void said:

Yeah i missed out on it as well, right now it is 3.99$ until May 26. Not sure if i will buy it though.

I can recommend it. 

It turns the entire game into a rogue like speedrun with random perks and power ups, which is quite interesting in my opinion.