What size TV do you use? I need help picking a new one ;)

Humonic

So long story short I broke up with my girlfriend, no I never cheated xD shit just wasn't working out, so now I'm back at my mums whoooo!! gotta love being a failure. Anyways I let her have my TV because I'm nice and it's a tv.. we're still friends and it's just a tv so idc... but now I have no tv ;)

So my room isn't huge and a 40 inch TV might be a bit of an over kill.

My old TV was a 40 inch, so now I'm stuck I've had no experience with smaller tvs before so your input would be nice.

I've given myself a budget of £200 but I am prepared to go a little over it's no biggie but do I go for a 32 inch? a 40 inch or do I go small pecker on this bitch and rock out a 22? 

People say 40 is too big and 22 - 28 inch is the sweet spot, I'm really considering going with a 24 inch monitor  B) but maybe that's too small o,O 

What size is your TV? What size do you recommend?

Also TV or monitor? :pimp:

I'm buying it strictly for console gaming.

Edited by Humonic

People say 40 is too big and 22 - 28 inch is the sweet spot, I'm really considering going with a 24 inch monitor  B) but maybe that's too small o,O 

That right there, I use a 24 inch and its perfect for everything.

BTW Freddie <3

Edited by Shark Truck

I have a 42 inch and love that size for the room I'm in, however from what you're saying a 42 inch may be too big for you and a 27 inch may be too small =D I would maybe get a 32 inch if I were you, depends on your room size and stuff

EDIT: Here, this chart may help you out a little for optimal viewing distances! Science!

tvchart.jpg?w=595

Edit 2: And also this chart, haha - this one is a tiny bit more confusing, but once you look at it for a while it makes sense =P

resolution_view-distances-chart.jpg

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I got small room and i also use pc so im using iiyama monitor 22" (16:10 ratio at 1680x1050)

For me its enough

Ofc bigger would be better but like ppl before me have said you need to have distance from screen to fully take adventage of big screen

If you gonna use it only for console (not pc) then i would go for tv (not monitor)

Besides you should take you old tv from your ex, give her that 200 £ and let her worry what to buy ;) j/k

I had this issue awhile back after my TV broke. After a few weeks of pulling my hair out, reading reviews and pages and pages of owners forums and calibration forums etc :lol: 
I settled on a SONY W6 Series (Sony Bravia KDL32W653) at £369 Picture wise out of the box its fantastic but give it some tweaking and its a wounder to game on. Its also highly rated as a gaming TV as it has low input lag. Its a stretch over your budget but if you get it somewhere like John Lewis they will price match and give a 5 year warranty as standard and as a bonus the TV stand doubles as a wall bracket if you decide you want it wall mounting. I went for the 32" but they do them at other sizes as well. The 24" is about £270-300 and 42" at £499. 

John Lewis
TV Review
Owners Forum

The slightly cheaper alternative and my second choice would have been a Samsung F5500 series. You will be very lucky to find a decant screen for under £200. If your really in dire need of one as a quick fix cheap short term solution whilst you save or something than try something from Finlux. There not great but decant/cheap enough to keep you going in the meantime. I would strongley suggest you hang on a bit if you can and save or wait until the January Sales come along.

Edited by allsop1986

My smallest TV I use is a 32" TV and it works perfectly fine. Sometimes I will use my PS3 on it when I want to be in that room, and it looks great. The type of TV you get will determine the quality of your experience. A 32" TV can either be a piece of garbage or it can be an awesome gaming display. Just avoid terrible brands you've never heard of before as a start. One thing I'd recommend is go to a retailer you trust and know has good deals, and review certain models you find on your mobile to see what other buyers have said about it.

Ok well let me start with a friend I have. He prefers small screens. He uses monitors and typically he has them in the 20-30 inch range. He also has a couple of TV's in 32 inch range.

Now before I tell you what I use I would at least recommend that you choose LCD as opposed to LED because of the brightness and for some reason IMO LCD just seems more vibrant than LED. Also power consumption is less with these and because you are gaming you are less likely to get a noticeable burn in image on your screen.

Currently some of the tv's I have are a 47 inch Vizio LCD in my living room, a 40 inch Samsung LCD in my son's room. In my man-cave I have a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma TV and a 55 inch Insignia LCD TV. 

• Like 1

I have a 50 something inch Sony Bravia (I think it is 55", may be 52") in my living room but it would be overkill for a smaller bedroom. Personally the smallest I'd go would be 32" (and they can be had for pretty cheap) unless you are going to have it sitting on a desk and be right in front of it, if you're doing that a 32" monitor should work nicely too. 

I used this for a while (and it is currently being used by my parents as their computer monitor until I build my next PC) and absolutely loved it. It really is a great monitor and if you can find one for pretty cheap I'd jump on it. 

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3D-display-3/dp/B0050SZ49Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387248453&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+3D+display

Parker