Every trophy hunter's lost dream: games you wish you had the time/knowledge to get platinum in your collection but it's too late

16 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Really sucks that Hitman: Absolution is unobtainable on PS3 because they never got the Contracts mode back up and running, but at least there is the PS4 version without the online trophies.

but it is abit glitchier from what I know from the ps4 one

• Like 1

i used to have very bad internet and due to a lot of disconnects and it not working properly i missed a lot of online trophies i would have liked to get. 
Biggest game i am sad i cannot finish is Motorstorm Pacific rift

others are
Midnightclub LA

Lost PLanet 2
LittlebigPLanet 2 DLC

but also
NFS The Run
NFS Shift 2

• Like 4

One of the first games I got for the PS3 was Armored Core V. I knew absolutely nothing about how to play it and what trophies were at the time. I would have loved to go back and complete it with a better knowledge and desire to hunt that plat, but unfortunately the servers went offline in 2016. Oh well...

• Like 4

Starhawk - I didn't put in the time to get the multiplayer win trophies. Was playing too much mw3 multiplayer instead

Portal 2 - I never went back to the co-op campaign for some reason

Fifa street - simply started the game too late. I'm pretty sure one of the features needed for a trophy wasn't working even before the servers went offline (adding a recommended friend or something)

• Like 3

Army of Two: The 40th Day. It made the sting of the Hardcore trophy failing to pop after bothering to complete the game on that difficulty, while knowing that the plat was unachievable much worse.

Udraw Studio: Instant Artist. I had the game for years without realising it had an online trophy. It was on my shelf years before THQ broke the website. Now it sits forever at 97%.

Guitar Hero Live. I took a break from the million strums and forgot to return. Now it’s gone forever.

LOTR Conquest. I knew the servers had closed before starting the game, but it still stings.

• Like 3

NBA 2K16

NBA is my favorite irl sports league, but I've basically written off these games. Got 2K16 about 1 year after release, and the servers shut down like 1 year later taking down some single-player modes in addition to online. Game and PS Store pushed hella online mode micro-transactions for 2K16 and their value would go to 0 in no time for those purchasers. What a racket.

It's a 0.02% Platinum so unreasonable for almost anyone to say they would have completed this if they didn't, but I have like a dozen dead trophies because of this list before I was a trophy hunter. Trophies aside, simply garbage support for a major game series... even EA supports their sport games' servers like 3x as longer or more. CRIMINAL.

• Like 2

Midnight Club: Los Angeles. I wasn’t into trophies that much when the game servers went offline.

On 29.08.2021 at 10:36 AM, AJ_Radio said:

You must of done something inefficient. 

I’m basically doing the first part of level 4 (when you kill that New Jersey asshole) and getting a platinum medal (1000 XP) every time. Takes about three and a half to four minutes to finish, including loading screens.

You must be doing something inefficient. Chapter 4-1 in score attack mode of Max Payne 3 takes 2:30–2:45 per run.

• Like 1

On 29/08/2021 at 4:36 AM, AJ_Radio said:

You must of done something inefficient. 

I’m basically doing the first part of level 4 (when you kill that New Jersey asshole) and getting a platinum medal (1000 XP) every time. Takes about three and a half to four minutes to finish, including loading screens. 

Were you playing actual multiplayer the entire time?

I checked the order of my trophies to remember, and I had already played a few multiplayer games before completing nymhc. from that, it took me almost 20 days more to finish level 50, my conclusion is that i was playing very slowly and without any desire, i remember that this grind consumed me because it was really boring to repeat that; i would prefer to redo nymhc which only took me 4 days of trying. so i'm always impressed with people who reach level 50 in a few days, that's because i can't focus enough for something like that due to boredom, so i sabotage my gaming sections myself making them longer than necessary haha :P

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational on the Vita had one (1) online trophy for participating in a single daily tournament. I was in the lobby right when it shut down with several dozen other people, it lagged out and I lost my chance forever. 

Thankfully I had just started playing it, so it wasn't a loss of time invested or anything. Still sucks.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EmperorZetta said:

I was in the lobby right when it shut down with several dozen other people, it lagged out and I lost my chance forever

Damn, that must have hurt

3 minutes ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is a game I just recently got since I heard it was delisted but I wasn't aware of the servers being shutdown on what seemed like an enjoyable wave defense mode. Now I can never get the platinum and I have no will to play through the story.

something similar happened to me in Binary Domain, but I just lost over 100 hours of progress online and I have no desire to venture into the campaign

Not for PS3 but DRIVECLUB (PS4) 

I got the game two days before the servers went down, I was not aware of this and I was able to complete only 12% of total trophies available. 

Platinum is out of reach and this one is going to stink on my list since I am going to platinum all the games I have on my acc. Driveclub will always be out of reach....

and thats too bad, I believe the game had so much potential, just wrong timing I guess. 

• Like 4

Quantum of Solace - Servers were pretty much dead by the time I got the game.  Managed to get into a few matches but most modes had nobody playing them.

Red Dead Redemption - Achieved 100% completion of main game, had a terrible time with it online.  Was never even 8 people in any server I got into, making things as theoretically simple as "Posse Up" impossible for me.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Brutal glitch kept happening where you'd complete a level but it wouldn't unlock the next one, which would only be fixed when starting the game over from scratch.  I played through the game several times on normal before it finally went ok, and then it happened again right at the very last level of my Legendary difficulty run.  That was enough to delete, trade in and never look at it again.

Sleeping Dogs - Game glitched on me right near the end of campaign and everything disappeared from the map.  All I could do was run around, all events missions races jobs everything was just gone, making it impossible to complete without starting over.

Two of those are probably still technically achievable, but as far as I'm concerned they may as well be impossible.  Lol.

NFS:Undercover

Technically/Tech earned/attained all online achievements on xbox

NFS:The Run 

King For A Day lilletery unobtainable after 2016

*(Side note I somehow managed it like 10/ten years ago on Xbox)*

Army Of Two 40th Day

PMC DMY 

Create/design a mask via on a website that hardly bearly exsists anymore

Edited by UNLEADED_BRONZE
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Segimon said:

Guitar Hero Live. Honestly I wasn't a big fan of that game nor did I care about it back then. Servers are down and I no longer own the guitar for it so it will be at E rank forever.

Even if the online still worked, the guitars are so expensive. I need a replacement because one button has gone out. I could maybe finish the offline grind if a controller wasnt as much as a vr headset.