Every trophy hunter's lost dream: games you wish you had the time/knowledge to get platinum in your collection but it's too late

This goes for any game that is currently impossible to get platinum, and that you would like to have achieved.

I would very much like to have had the chance to go platinum on Resistance 2; I played the campaign many times in the early ps3 era, but for some reason I never played online and tried the competitive and co-op trophies. Unfortunately nowadays it is impossible to get platinum.

Gran Turismo 5: is a dream platinum, which unfortunately I also lost my chance due to a stupid trophy that required an online connection and I didn't know.

Black Ops 2: I played online, but never paid any attention to the mode that was later withdrawn without notice; a platinum I would like to have in my collection and today I can't

I wish there had been a warning that the Ghostbusters servers were being shut down on PS3, as I would have attempted to finish the online for it. Although I had a few opportunities to get it done before that but didn't bother doing it, so I guess I only have myself to blame.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Max Payne 3 should I NOT get the Rank 50 trophy. 

Currently Rank 42. So I will very likely get the trophy within the next week.

Wow, I talked to you two days ago and you were level 20, you are leveling up faster than me. at the time I got level 50 in two weeks playing about 4 hours a day.

46 minutes ago, DogFoRaw5 said:

Wipeout HD

Same. I got the plat for Omega Collection about a year ago, and I've been dreaming of getting it for HD ever since. Unfortunately, I no longer own a PS3, it's not on PS Now, and the servers are closed anyway, so I'm all out of luck.

Same goes for Wipeout 2048. 

• Like 2

While technically still possible, Friday the 13th. The dedicated servers are down, the developers no longer support it due to legal drama and the platinum requires an insane amount of grind which would be absolutely miserable to boost in a dead game. I was a huge fan of 80's slasher movies when I was younger and always wanted a multiplayer Friday the 13th game, but didn't have stable enough internet out here innawoods to play it when it was popular. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I think the only one i'm bummed about was Marvel Heroes Omega which came and went insanely fast and which I really really enjoyed playing. It's a game that likely doesn't exist anymore from the ground up (I really doubt they preserved the source code).

1 minute ago, Potent_Delusions said:

FEAR 2 would be the clear winner for game i'm most gutted about missing out on. MK vs DC, Midnight Club Los Angeles, Heroes Over Europe, and Dead Star would be honorable mentions. 

You guys nailed it. I would very much like to have had a chance to get these plats, especially Dead Star and Mk vs Dc ?

Resistance 2 - My first PS3 died whilst working on the trophies for co-op and 10,000 kills. The intention was to recover the trapped disc via whatever means would work, I don't recall the details as to why this didn't happen - probably a wrong screwdriver or something.... Anyway. the disk was eventually recovered 10 years later.

• Like 2

Yakuza 0

Dunno why, but i never got a grip with the dancing minigame. Tried for hours and still feel like i have 0 chance to finish all the songs :/

especially frustrating since its the only Yakuza game i´m not able to plat... 

its neither time or knowledge that i´m lacking, but skill.. damn.

• Like 1

it would have to be either FEAR 2 or hitman 6/absolution as the only things stopping me from getting them done was I was working on other things around the times they were still up but yeah.

But the bright side is I can get hitman absolution on ps4 done but it is not the same.

Edited by Lonemankane

gonna seem like I'm posting in the unpopular opinion thread here but tony hawk ride and shred...embarassingky, i didn't even know they existed till like 6 months ago...I'm a sucker for tony hawk games so I bought them both and the board...looking forward to trying them.out...

Edited by ProfBambam55