Every trophy hunter's lost dream: games you wish you had the time/knowledge to get platinum in your collection but it's too late

Because of server shutdown:
Band Hero
DiRT 2
Gran Turismo 5
Guitar Hero 5
Monopoly Streets
Test Drive Unlimited 2

Stupid overpriced VIP Pass by Codemasters you can't buy anymore to get access to Online Multiplayer:
DiRT Showdown
F1 2011
F1 2012

• Like 1

I only started trophy hunting from the PS4 era and this has left me with many unfinished games on the PS3.

I wanted to finish them but many of them are impossible because of server closures.

For instance I would have liked to finish all the Uncharted games, the Killzone franchise and all the older FIFAs.

Also wanted to complete some Rockstar games like Max Payne 3 & GTA V (PS3) but those servers are also going down.

I hope that in the future Playstation or the game developers themselves find a way to make these games possible to complete.

That would be really nice but it is probably never going to happen.?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MennoWoods2 said:

I hope that in the future Playstation or the game developers themselves find a way to make these games possible to complete.

Not going to happen my frend, sorry 

9 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Wow, I talked to you two days ago and you were level 20, you are leveling up faster than me. at the time I got level 50 in two weeks playing about 4 hours a day.

You must of done something inefficient. 

I’m basically doing the first part of level 4 (when you kill that New Jersey asshole) and getting a platinum medal (1000 XP) every time. Takes about three and a half to four minutes to finish, including loading screens. 

Were you playing actual multiplayer the entire time?

The PS3’s NBA Jam reboot is a game I would love the platinum for as the original may have been my favourite game as a small child but I believe it’s impossible due to server shutdowns. ?

Also, no platinum trophy on these but a shoutout to all the digital-only games I can’t even buy as they’re delisted:

After Burner Climax

GTI Club+

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure HD Ver.

Marvel vs Capcom Origins

Marvel vs Capcom 2

OutRun Online Arcade

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 2

Mad Max for PS4: I had it installed when the shutdown was announced last year but i didn't play it because of the bad stories i heard about bugs and glitches and i didn't want to make it a priority.

GTA 5 for PS3: Never played it because i really disliked GTA 4, but i probably would've played it eventually if not for the bounty system removal.

• Like 2

- Blues and Bullets: Good and atmospheric Telltale like game that should have been released in 5 episodes but the developer only released the first two. 22 of 36 Trophies are unachievable.

- CounterSpy: "Only" a 100% game but with one unachievable trophy (for an online feature in a singleplayer game), thanks to a server shutdown.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, VaDiMkA said:

Yakuza 0

Dunno why, but i never got a grip with the dancing minigame. Tried for hours and still feel like i have 0 chance to finish all the songs :/

especially frustrating since its the only Yakuza game i´m not able to plat... 

its neither time or knowledge that i´m lacking, but skill.. damn.

Ooh, I was looking to get into Yakuza series, but I'm so OCD about completing the game, I'm now afraid to start it.