Mmmm... Trophy thoughts then....

Thought that this game was a baseball game with otters.... Was getting interested... ?.... Evansville Otters came to mind...

Well, trophy thoughts? Looks like another easy one... Not eleven golds? I like more this distribution of 3G 11S 30B

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

"I bet you would've preferred if these were just eleven golds, wouldn't you?"

You placed your bets wrong, actually. I prefer 6 bronze for every 1 gold or 3 silvers replacing more gold trophies instead of 1 gold times 11 with a platinum equals a 1275 point trophy set.

If I'm gonna be a bitch for PlayStation Trophies I should at least try to avoid having an equal or higher count of gold trophies vs. silvers/bronze trophies, admittedly this act of gold whoring has become a very common sight among top charters on the PSNP leaderboards.

For some much needed context, I recommended taking a good look at how many accounts have sinned (Gluttony is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, may I remind readers) on the first page of the Australian and New Zealand country leaderboards. I'm not going to name names but you know who you are, bitches with the goal to be in the Top 50. You can all expose my hypocrisy for saying all this (while being the owner of easy platinums/trophies myself) as you wish but you should know that I'll always be one step ahead of you. Why you ask? Because I haven't fallen for certain publishers of these kinds of games. You know exactly which ones I choose not fuck with the most, as the following studio list follows...

Breakthrough Gaming? The studio behind Lizard Lady vs. the Cats, whatever their name is? Fuck 'em both.

Smobile Inc.? Just take a Goddamn break already!

Random-spin? I'll likely retire after that Funny Truck bullshit you lil' buggers did a month or two ago.

Ratalaika? EastAsiaSoft? Sometimes You? "I'll be watching you, Wazowski."

Green Lava Studios? I know I'm not Dre, but “Hell Yeah!” You guys definitely get my approval.

...Oh, and Otterific? Do continue your attention to detail with your trophy descriptions, trophy point/grade balancing. At least you're good on those, not so much the games themselves. Perhaps you could review over that again, yes-no?

Edited by PMV
  • Like 3

On 9/11/2021 at 3:59 AM, EqualityEarth said:

This

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/13950-baseball-bout-otterrific-arcade/1-like-a-baseball-outta-heck-ill-be-gone-when-the-platinum-comes

and this

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/13950-baseball-bout-otterrific-arcade/38-twofifty-meeples

Just about says it all. Couldn’t have been more subtle. They know what they’re doing, and if they’ve confessed it aloud once before, I never caught it. Now they’re saying it to our faces. This is the wake-up call. Is a platinum really a platinum if you got it in less than 10 minutes, let alone in less than 20-30 hours? If you paid a dollar for the game, and if it made no approach to the genres you love to play?

Guys…don’t make this show up in top 10 most popular games like you did with both stacks of ZJ the Ball ?‍♂️ Or do I guess. This will neither be the last eye rolling trophy list, nor the last post lamenting the skewed value of trophies.

1f629.png

It’s time for me to more earnestly consider posting, however in vain or shortage of detail, about the concept of the Genre Leaderboard.

‎ 

Edited by BEYOND-EVIL
  • Like 1

I still think that sometime around 2016 or 2017, the trophy standards were changed to where games were coming out with trophy lists consisting of 11 - 12 golds, with less than 30 minutes time needed to platinum.

I'm playing a game called The Bunker right now and it's a very easy game from 2016 that is roughly a hour and a half. You still need to hunt for collectibles but it's definitely a game that anybody can finish in a couple hours or so if they put in the time for it. Five years ago that was the standard for "easy games". Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition was one of the first Ratalaika games to hit PlayStation, it requires you to do two full playthroughs, once on Normal, once on Hard difficulty.

Regardless of how easy they were, you still had to complete the games. I have never bashed anybody for stacking TellTale or any of the Artifex Mundi hidden object games, because you still had to beat them, even with a walkthrough guide in hand.

Since about 2018 or so, we've seen an influx of dumbed down, overly easy games that take 30 minutes or so to platinum. ZJ the Ball is basically cut up into separate parts, each having a platinum. I argued with somebody a couple nights ago regarding "every platinum is an experience". So you're going to tell me that stacking these games that take 10 minutes or less each is an experience every time?

These morons coming out with their trophy lists know who they're catering to. Just read the platinum trophy description for Baseball Bout, it practically says everything.

And still, idiots will still be in denial. Lowering the standard because they need their trophy points.

• Like 2

Props to the developers for a humorous and self-aware trophy list. They know who they're marketing to, and boosting profiles with 45 trophies instead of 11 while offering a comparable point total is probably something we'll be seeing more of moving forward. Got to love the reference here, too. 

27bd14639d.png

That's where my praise ends. Has anybody watched a video of Baseball Bout's gameplay yet? 

2272360b1d.PNG

The entire game, from start to Platinum, takes place on this same even plane with no variance whatsoever. I can't believe I'm saying this, but, ZJ The Ball actually has more platforming than Baseball Bout.

• Like 1

This game was a little challenging just because i soft-locked myself to the ground a couple times bashing the x button lol. Overall it's a fun cheap quick platinum. What made this game very special is the trophy descriptions. I know the majority won't see it and just want the platinum but it is the hardcore truth. That's why you'll never see me plat those breakthrough games. At this point I'm sure people spent a good 30 dollars on buying all those games by now. It's crazy how cheap easy games with a plat have become more important on this website than actual good games. Look at my profile, yes I do have a good amount of those cheap easy platinums but atleast I still have a good amount of ACTUAL AAA games aswell. I have no respect for the people who's profiles I see that literally have all the cheap easy platinums and not ONE good game on them. Why spend hundreds of dollars on a system when your just going to play these games. It's def has to be an addiction at this rate. I miss the days when videogames based on films were the only games that had easy platinums. 

• 3 weeks later...