Thoughts on today's State of Play?

xBenlander

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The Absolute State of Play2122.png

Wm8dJ8H.png

BUT a new Star Ocean game was announced, so at least something good came out of it.

I have never played Star Ocean but a lot of people seem to be excited about it. I might have to check it out.

None of the games shown interested me at all. I knew it was a short event but was expecting a bit better than this. And is it just me or did all these new games being shown look poor graphically? Not what you would expect for PS5, I know they are in development but I don't see the point of doing a state of play if it's not going to impress people.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ChaosDivider said:

None of the games shown interested me at all. I knew it was a short event but was expecting a bit better than this. And is it just me or did all these new games being shown look poor graphically? Not what you would expect for PS5, I know they are in development but I don't see the point of doing a state of play if it's not going to impress people.

I actually was thinking the same thing about them looking not great. Mostly Buxsnax as that game looked really good but in this State of Play I thought it didn't look very good. I feel like they do some of these State of Plays because people start clamoring for them and so they feel forced. State of Play should be about big news and big updates on not just games, but their systems as well as the PlayStation brand. This State of Play felt no different than watching some trailers on their YouTube channel. 

1 minute ago, HeyaBen said:

I actually was thinking the same thing about them looking not great. Mostly Buxsnax as that game looked really good but in this State of Play I thought it didn't look very good. I feel like they do some of these State of Plays because people start clamoring for them and so they feel forced. State of Play should be about big news and big updates on not just games, but their systems as well as the PlayStation brand. This State of Play felt no different than watching some trailers on their YouTube channel. 

All this year, all state of play had been trash, just indies and generic games... Xbox it's going to win this generation i guess

• Like 1

Death's Door coming to PlayStation is nice. Little Devil Inside looks so strange that I still do not understand what kind of game it is. Other than that - really disappointing. And I wasn't even expecting anything. My friends expected to see FF16 and Hogwarts Legacy or something. Feel bad for them.

• Like 2

I knew not to expect much but at least that Star Ocean game seemed interesting. I think otherwise the only things that seemed remotely appealing were that Let It Die arena game and the Kart racing thing. Not that I intend to play those but they stuck out to me more than the rest.

• Like 2

I know that we should not have expectations, but this is a low for me. I’m happy some people got something they wanted, however never happened to me having zero games that excite me the slightest.

Well, luckily still have a growing backlog going.

• Like 1

Glad to finally get another look at Little Devil Inside and a release date for Death's Door. First Class Trouble also seems neat and it confirms the PS+ leak.

I feel like I'm losing my mind but I don't understand what this OFK thing actually is. Is it a real group making the world's most self-indulgent video game? Is it fiction with poor marketing? I'm always happy for Gamers to get a new outrage target of the week, but something just seems off with it-- it feels more like an SCP than a real piece of media.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Surely the two of you don't have a problem with what shirt a video game character is wearing. 1f606.png

And PS5s are selling out faster than than the PS4 did, despite the shortage. That includes Japan.

So Sony isn't going to end up like Sega anytime soon.

what does the shirt say?  I was never very good at Wheel of Fortune.

EDIT - actually I have an idea if the first two words each have 2 letters blocked from view.

Edited by djb5f

2 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

What is that shirt even say? I dunno but politics, race, and social justice stances can stay the F out of my video game enjoyment. If that’s what it’s about. I play games to get away from reality, not to think of all the ugliness in the world.

The video game industry doesn't revolve around you. ?

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

what does the shirt say?  I was never very good at Wheel of Fortune.

Black Trans Lives Matter

• Like 1