Sony VP fired after appearing in pedophile sting video

ziggypossum

I don't think this is exactly the time to be taking up arms over the whole Japanese censorship thing. Sony is not okay with this obviously and fired him the moment they learned of it. Had they known to start with they'd obviously not had him in his position. 

4 hours ago, Nelson_ said:

1. For me this is wrong in some ways, only a few main streamers do sell but hardly counting next year.

2. While forcing JP Devs to censor themselfs even in Japan? lol no many JP Devs are out of Sony due to Censorship Policy

That State has most Anti JP Racists proven with their Unjustified Censorship of Art.
That State has most Anti JP Xenophobia proven with their Unjustified Censorship of Art.
Adultbabies are hired to work for Sony except of Asia/Japan.

I'm not going to address the censorship bit itself. I generally disagree with the censorship myself, though some censorship is actually an improvement (dress changes in Death end re;Quest 2 for example) and in others incredibly minor (Zanki Zero).

What I will address is the claim you're making that censorship is why Japanese developers are "out" of Sony. The reason is money, not censorship. Sony's Japanese presence has collapsed against Nintendo, which predates the censorship before you list it off as a reason, and so Playstation just ain't worth it for a lot of developers putting out "very Japanese games" if you will. Still is for some of course such as those developers that actually make most of their money outside Japan. If Sony were to release say PlayStation Mors (Mors means Death) and it started taking serious market share from Nintendo then you'd see the large majority of all those developers who dropped out jump back in no matter whatever it is they have to censor.

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Why not? You don't see the irony of Sony censoring games "for the sake of the children" while top executives at the company are diddling kids? And they fired him because of the bad publicity. Everything else is conjecture.

If you stretch it I guess you could call it irony but well, this guy wasn't involved in that policy. If he was then yeah, it'd be certainly something if the person in charge of such a policy was doing such a thing.

I'd rather have PSHQ go back to SIE Japan alongside its parent company, with SIEA reverting to being nothing more than the American branch. If not a move back to Japan, maybe one to Arizona or Utah?

https://www.zippia.com/advice/most-woke-states/

A ranking of how woke states are as of 19 February. I never thought of Texas as being near the middle, but it's #28 (sure shocked me! I would have thought around 40). Not that I would want SIEA to move to Texas though. As for California... #5, which doesn't surprise me. Arizona and Utah are #22 and #24. Nice and moderate.

This Cacioppo mess shouldn't affect Sony much. Once they knew the deal, they wasted no time doing what needed done. Activision Blizzard might have ended up with flack flying their way if they were the ones in this situation, especially with everything that had gone down on their watch not too long ago.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 0:30 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Why not? You don't see the irony of Sony censoring games "for the sake of the children" while top executives at the company are diddling kids? And they fired him because of the bad publicity. Everything else is conjecture.

I'm not in the loop of the whole "Sony censoring Japanese games" thing as perhaps that gaming genre is out of my lane, but unfortunately I am afraid that you are going to find that most CEOs and company bigwigs are as devious and abhorrent as you can get. You just don't get that high on the food chain without being able to slither around a little bit and once you do have that much power and clout, it's quite easy to develop some form of a God complex. That's why I never buy into the social stances, moral high ground and slogans of these corporations send out, as they will contradict themselves in reality.

I do find it odd though that IGN, which reports every other meaningless infraction in the gaming world, seems to have missed this one.

• Like 3

Well, that was bye-bye job in record time. Seeing how the evidence was gathered by a vigilante YouTube channel, I wonder if it would be dismissed in court. Don't know much about that stuff.

Considering some of the painfully braindead takes I've read on here, I expected a more entertaining shitshow when opening this thread—at least one nutjob defending the guy from being "canceled" or somethin'. Instead, all I get are decrepit boomer jokes about CA becoming an island. Weak.

Daily reminder that rich creeps like Bobby Kotick will probably never face serious repercussions for doing worse.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:25 AM, The Titan said:

Sony did virtue signal about the Activision situation and of course they have skeletons in their own closet. I don't think this will get that much publicity because Activision bad Sony good. How long until Sony drops the "n" in their name?

This one is so weird lol 

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/79806180

Edited by Nelson_
  • Like 1

While we're still here, notice how there's been almost no media coverage of this.  IGN had to be publicly pressured into covering this after one of the head editors got accused of being a headass and deliberately ignoring it (presumably so they don't lose favor with the all-powerful Sony gods and their presskits/game review codes): CusP1dd.jpgC8YMtss.jpg

Eurogamer and Kotaku are the only other major gaming sites covering this (to their credit, I despise them both) and even Newsweek (once prestigious, now clickbait tier online buzzfeed shite), a lot of other places are media silent for obvious corporate political reasons.  This isn't some no-name John Doe who's just another programmer this is a major executive at a multi-billion dollar corporation.  This feels exactly like the Randy Pitchford situation at Epic Games a few years ago where a flash drive filled with CP was left at a Medieval Times and it was promptly buried.

Edited by TheMutilatingOne
  • Like 2