Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök DLC (March 10, 2022)

ziggypossum

• 3 weeks later...

Ragnarök Edition can be pre-ordered now.

DLC is not on a disc, but a downloadable code, too bad.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-Ragnarök-PS5/dp/B09QY8GLG2/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-Ragnarök-PS5/dp/B09QY73X13/

UeVRnmX.jpg

zIXvdZ0.jpg

• Like 1

For such a huge expansion 9 measly trophies seem out of place.

Also recently there was a leak, not really verifiable, where there will be a small AC game like Liberation or Rouge by the end of the year. If this is true this can be the last expansion alongside the second part for Mastery and Tomb challenges. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

The trophy list shows up now on PSN. It brings the 100% down to 88%. 

Probably going to stay that away for a couple months (for me) until a sale comes along.

Same . I'm not buying this expansion at full price. It doesn't deserve it. Besides, given the history of the game, it's likely to be riddled with game breaking bugs to begin with.

This looks more like a cheap imitation of God of War Ragnarök than anything else. All creativity and innovation that was left in this franchise is completely gone now. I'm sure this is the furthest from being an actual Assassin that Ubisoft has driven this series towards.

Turns out, the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt had more going for it than the poor reception Assassin's Creed Unity received and the poor sales Assassin's Creed Syndicate received. Granted, I think Assassin's Creed Origins is still pretty good, it was a nice change of pace to dive into Ancient Egypt and explore those old tombs and pyramids. But I don't think I played any other open world game that had a more obvious template copy and pasted onto it than Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Jesus Christ, it was fucking formulaic. Same bandit camps, same boring objectives for completing a location, same repetitive combat of fighting enemies who were literally sponges, the list goes on. All this over 110 hours played on my account. I enjoyed the first 40 - 50 hours of the game, the rest of it was a monotonous chore.

So now, there are two story related DLCs in addition to a Challenge DLC and an upcoming expansion that I'm sure will put both Ireland and France to shame. That's not including the 100+ hours required for the platinum trophy because you have to go after a godforsaken amount of collectibles, many of which are utterly annoying to get because of how the game designers implemented them. For the 100% completion you have to find more collectibles for both Ireland and France, making the time required close to 200 hours spent. With an expansion that I'm sure will take 40 - 50 hours to finish, Assassin's Creed Valhalla is really turning into a bloated mess.

Most games in this franchise feel great and awesome for the first dozen hours or so. But once you start engaging in side activities and play more into the story, you start to feel serious repetition. Combat at least in Valhalla looks and feels better than it did in Odyssey, I played Valhalla for a bit the other night at a friends house so I can actually say I touched it.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

Same here 1f60a.png I spent 245 hours with Assassin's Creed Valhalla so far, I love this game and can't wait for the DLC.

I’m starting Valhalla’s quest to platinum and 100% DLC trophy completion next week and know I’ll be on the same boat as you!

• Like 3

I don't know why ubisoft keep attaching dlc trophies to the list 1 month before release.. i've it preordered too, but with horizon, elden ring and gran turismo 7 i don't know when i will be able to play this... i hate incomplete games in my profile ?

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 1:16 PM, Risky_JG said:

Does anyone know if this is a standalone from the base game or inside of the main game.  Only reason i asked bc i havent finished the full game but want to play DLCs

Thanks.

Pretty sure this'll be in-game like the previous ones, but you haven't had to finish the full game.  There were minimum requirements that were fairly early in Eivor's adventure, like just establishing your camp and doing one quest after.  This time you might need to do a bit more, like make sure that seer has joined the camp, as I suspect things will start with her.  But that's gotta be in the first half of the game, right?  (it's been a while for me)