Spring 2022 Backlog Challenge

12 hours ago, oxford_wolf007 said:

Uncharted 2

You guys, I did it. After four hours with Lazarovic on Saturday, then dropping my controller and taking my dog to play outside, I came back in and BEAT HIM. He was really difficult for me on normal mode, so I’m pretty proud of myself! Crushing is complete, although I’m not sure if I’m motivated to go back to UC 3. 1f605.png Now that I have the plat, I might call this done. I’d like to work on a few other games before going for 100%, if I do decide to go for it. For that, I have to do the full speedrun, and I would probably need to use the cheats for Brutal, which is going to take some organizing.

You should totally go for UC3 and UC4 for that back to back stack.

I'm kidding bro. I'm just instigating. I'm just a lousy trophy hunter. Go ahead and play what you enjoy. It's always good to take a break from a franchise. You tend to get burned out real quick when it's this many games one after the other.

Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

You should totally go for UC3 and UC4 for that back to back stack.

I'm kidding bro. I'm just instigating. I'm just a lousy trophy hunter. Go ahead and play what you enjoy. It's always good to take a break from a franchise. You tend to get burned out real quick when it's this many games one after the other.

OOF hahaha. I love how it looks on a profile, but definitely not my cup of tea. I usually avoid playing back to back from the same franchise because I do get tired of them. UC isn't as bad as other series, since the games themselves aren't very long (here's looking at you, Kingdom Hearts and new AC games), but since you have to play through each game a couple times, I prefer to break it up with other games, otherwise it gets boring. And brutal for 100%, blehhhhggg.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, oxford_wolf007 said:

OOF hahaha. I love how it looks on a profile, but definitely not my cup of tea. I usually avoid playing back to back from the same franchise because I do get tired of them. UC isn't as bad as other series, since the games themselves aren't very long (here's looking at you, Kingdom Hearts and new AC games), but since you have to play through each game a couple times, I prefer to break it up with other games, otherwise it gets boring. And brutal for 100%, blehhhhggg.

Yeah. That's why I'm a lousy trophy hunter ? I don't and just go for it. First to see how the story ends, and 2nd, to stack them all together ? Unless it's Lost Legacy and  Wolfenstein Youngblood, where they completely change the main character ? Then I don't really care.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

:platinum: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4) - Swap 1/2

Recommendation: Play for story // Avoid for platinum

I really enjoyed the single player campaign for this game.  It was my first exposure to the Tomb Raider franchise, and I look forward to getting after the rest of the trilogy.  As far as the platinum goes, it can be a tough one.  If you are not a fan of multiplayer trophies, then avoid this title.  First, with the servers being unpopulated, you need 4 people to get the ranked win trophies.  Then grinding to level 60 can be a 15+ hour trial if done solo.  Thankfully I had a boosting partner and got done in around 6.  The only other issue I had with the plat were the collectibles.  Some 171 collectibles in total.  They wouldn't have been so bad if I did it on a second playthrough.  There were just so many that it broke the emersion in what I considered a well paced and enjoyable story.  The game is short enough that you should consider 2 playthroughs (1 blind, 1 collectibles) if you want to enjoy it the most.  The game is constantly on sale for $3, and the trilogy is around $20, so it is great value for the money, especially if you don't have to have the plat, or 100% completion.  (approx 186 deer were killed in the farming of single player xp to finish off the platinum)

It's a shame you didn't enjoy it as much. I loved it. While the MP can be daunting, I much prefer this MP where I can just get it done on my own than having to do gaming sessions and rely on other players. It just sucks and a big mess to make it happen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

It's a shame you didn't enjoy it as much. I loved it. While the MP can be daunting, I much prefer this MP where I can just get it done on my own than having to do gaming sessions and rely on other players. It just sucks and a big mess to make it happen.

I thought the single player campaign was great. The only drawback about MP was needing 4 ppl for the ranked wins.  I went ahead and started the game thinking I'd solo grind my way to level 60. Didn't think it would take 18-20 hours of it, but with a boosting buddy, I got it down to about 6 hours, which was very achievable and didn't feel excessive. Now I have to find out when I want to start on Rise of the Tomb raider as I have a tendency of playing the first game of a franchise and then bouncing around a bit. (Uncharted, Tomb raider, dark souls, infamous, and about to stark arkham asylum lol)

Oh BTW, I think you mentioned earlier the need someone for operation tango, I may take you up on that offer despite it not being on my list. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

I thought the single player campaign was great. The only drawback about MP was needing 4 ppl for the ranked wins.  I went ahead and started the game thinking I'd solo grind my way to level 60. Didn't think it would take 18-20 hours of it, but with a boosting buddy, I got it down to about 6 hours, which was very achievable and didn't feel excessive. Now I have to find out when I want to start on Rise of the Tomb raider as I have a tendency of playing the first game of a franchise and then bouncing around a bit. (Uncharted, Tomb raider, dark souls, infamous, and about to stark arkham asylum lol)

Oh BTW, I think you mentioned earlier the need someone for operation tango, I may take you up on that offer despite it not being on my list. 

You shouldn't wait. If you liked Tomb Raider, you're gonna love Rise of the Tomb Raider. By far, the best out of the trilogy. Doesn't have MP trophies either. Unless you wanna go for the 100% ? then, you'll need to do the Co-op for it. It's quite buggy as well so bit frustrating ?

Mah boi!!! Cheers for my Operation: Tango homie ? Not sure if you're aware but I have a trip coming up and I'll be gone for a couple of weeks. If you're down, maybe like mid-April? Let me know.

• Like 2