Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

What a fun thread to read. Mine is my nickname. My mum went to call my sister, Kate, when she was supposed to call me and it came out "Ka-Anthony" so my mate who heard from then on called me Canfony or Canf. The name has stuck with most of my friends and has been used in the lore of the paintball field we play on. I'm the ruler of Canfonia and my army is known as the CAF (Canfonian Armed Forces).

• 2 weeks later...

So many cool stories and creative usernames! xD

Mine is simple! I wanted "Oldskool" because I love old school things (Clothes, music, cars, basketball, ...) but it was taken!

So i decided to go with "Oldsk8l", "8" representing the two "o" stacked on top of each other!

OldSk8L.png

Edited by OldSk8L

In Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires there was a section where you could look at the characters. (Been almost 10 years since I played so idr what section it was.) With each character there was a title of sorts. Next to Lu Bu's name was "The Avatar of Battle, The Ultimate Warrior".

The "Avatar of Battle" bit always stayed with me for some reason.

Hvitdverg- I figured out this was going to be my nickname in High School(about 8-9 years ago).

Hvit Dverg is the Norwegian translation of the English word "Whitedwarf". When I decided to use it it was because of two simple reasons. 

Self-Ironic, regardiing my own height(I'm 5.6 / 171cm).
I also love science and everything related to space. A whitedwarf is an exciting phenonomen which occurs after a star explodes and dies. It turns into a smaller super dense form called a "whitedwarf" and It's basically representation of the circle of life.

Edited by hvitdverg

I like playing defensive characters in games, especially ones using shields, which I've always had an interest in for some reason. I've also had an interest in Latin even though I've never studied it. So when I was trying to come up with a new ID everything I could think of was taken so I combined the two and came up with ScutumMagister. Scutum is Latin for shield, though it's also come to be used as the name of the big rectangular shields that Roman soldiers used for a time. Magister is Latin for master. My name literally translates as Shield Master.