Street Fighter 6 - 92 on Metacritic

Abby_TheLastofUs

I guess for my first Street Fighter game,I could get a plat!

Lol but seriously im excited to play this anyway, new fighting game for me

Also something I noticed recently is that Capcom has been weird with trophy lists, for example Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak has separate DLC lists instead of one whole new game with a plat. They did that with Iceborne. But it’s pretty wild to see that Street Fighter 6 has a weird list as well lol

Edited by victorrfuego
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dantes_994 said:

Capcom has been on helluva streak with games

I might be missing something but, besides REmake 3, all of their games in the past 4-5 years have been amazing! 

Even Remake 3 was pretty solid, just in relative terms to how good 2 and 4 are it was a bit underbaked. Still very solid, 8/10 sort of game. 

• Like 1

At a first glance this does seem like the easiest SF list out there...a lot of onlinery but that's it, not even reaching some Gold rank or anything.

Except for "probably" the :silver: Practical Training one, where you need to complete 45 trials. I seriously doubt it will be even comparable to SF4 though ?

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

Except for "probably" the :silver: Practical Training one, where you need to complete 45 trials. I seriously doubt it will be even comparable to SF4 though ?

Cammy alone has 15. That's 270 in total for the whole cast.

I am only worried about tournaments. Considering we do not jnow how why function. Is there a limit per day or lobby etc

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Cammy alone has 15. That's 270 in total for the whole cast.

I am only worried about tournaments. Considering we do not jnow how why function. Is there a limit per day or lobby etc

Cammy has 7 beginner, 11 intermediate and 5 Advanced trials so 23 not 15

All Cammy Trials - Street Fighter 6 Gameplay - YouTube

Edited by LancashireLad87

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

I though it's 5 for each difficulty. Well, even better.

Yes there's probably around 20 trials per character so having to only clear 45 of them will be very easy. Outside of the 600 like trophy and the 10 tournament wins there's really no difficulty on this one.

• Like 1

Very disappointed there isn't a gold league trophy like SFV. Tournament wins could be a challenge, but since it's part of the main game list it'll probably be available in single player. Not even sure who to play since Bison isn't in the game. I guess I can go with Honda since I played him quite a bit in V or I might go with Cammy since I like her new design. Even Marisa looks like she could be fun. Then again, there's also JP, who's the psycho user of this game.

Edited by RevengeancePrime
  • Like 2

I will have a guide for the game ready even though I think the list is pretty straight forward and doesn't need much guide honestly.

The only thing I can't tell for sure is the difficulty. So far the plat difficulty is Schrödinger's. It is both a 2/10 and 8/10 at the same time, it depends on the tournaments. If they can be done privately it becomes a 2, if you can only do it in non-private tournaments with a bunch of people it will become an 8 lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RevengeancePrime said:

Very disappointed there isn't a gold league trophy like SFV. Tournament wins could be a challenge, but since it's part of the main game list it'll probably be available in single player. Not even sure who to play since Bison isn't in the game. I guess I can go with Honda since I played him quite a bit in V or I might go with Cammy since I like her new design. Even Marisa looks like she could be fun. Then again, there's also JP, who's the psycho user of this game.

I doubt I'll be going that heavy into the online portion, but I can see why people might be annoyed. Going up a league deserves a trophy, for each of them 

1 hour ago, Dantes_994 said:

I doubt I'll be going that heavy into the online portion, but I can see why people might be annoyed. Going up a league deserves a trophy, for each of them 

That would be a true challenge and probably place SF6 as one of the hardest games to platinum since Warlord rank accounted for like .0002% of players or something like that in SFV. Still, I wouldn't mind the insurmountable challenge lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dantes_994 said:

People whine about going to gold LOL  That would have been funny, though.

• Like 1

Very strange trophy list being divided into effectively 3 lists. No trials trophy for completing all trials is a bummer. The day and age of hard fighting game Plats is over. SF was the last remaining fighting game franchise to have a hard trophy list.

People will moan and complain about winning 10 tournaments and try to boost it anyway. 

Oh well. I'm so excited for this game that I will make it my milestone Platinum and grind Ranked for months to get better and compete online. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

People will moan and complain about winning 10 tournaments and try to boost it anyway. 

I would have gladly traded that trophy for a trophy to reach Platinum ranking. Having a trophy for a Gold rank in SFV was a nice milestone and felt really great to finally accomplish. But that could be very easy to do on release week anyway because of all new players. A guy I follow on youtube (who is stuck in ultra silver for weeks) calibrated into the platinum league in beta. 

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

No trials trophy for completing all trials is a bummer.

This type of trophy can go hell in my opinion. Why would I need to master the execution of every character if I am gonna play 3 at most.  

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RevengeancePrime said:

I agree, especially since most of the trials they give you are combos and setups you'd rarely if ever use in an actual match.

SF 6 trials look a lot more practical to be honest. At least in Cammy's case. SFV kinda got better in that department already, I hope trials will be useful in 6.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Akrioz said:

This type of trophy can go hell in my opinion. Why would I need to master the execution of every character if I am gonna play 3 at most.  

To each their own. My issue with fighting games trophy lists is they used to be all about doing everything in the game, experiencing every mode to it's fullest or at least the hardest parts but they have gone away from that.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/street-fighter-6

Reviews are out and it's reviewing incredibly well. World Tour seems to be the weakest part of the game and still has performance issues. 

92 is incredibly high for a fighting game. Bravo Capcom! ??

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 4

Fighting games have definitely become more accessible due to auto combos, simplified controls and more lenient timing than they used to which is primarily to make the games more appealing to newcomers. I feel that the days of hard fighting games from a trophy standpoint have probably come to an end at this point, the last "hard" fighter was Them Fightin Herds on the PlayStation 4/5.  

As far as completing trials are concerned the vast majority of trial modes are very impractical they either require too many resources or they're incredibly situational. Some games do a better job than others, trial mode for me is simply a tool to understand what a character is capable of before heading into training mode to figure stuff out.

Having to only clear 45 trials is very tame I would have preferred clearing all trials with a character because at least you have to finish intermediate and advanced trials. I've already got my copy pre-ordered, I played a fair amount of the demo and I really enjoyed the gameplay, looking forward to having my arse handed to me by the likes of @FreshFromThaDeli and @Copanele. The gameplay feels like Street Fighter 4 so I probably have a fighting chance against you guys!

• Like 3

Played the demo and loved it. Bring on Friday.

Capcom ? Glad to see the "A Must Play" stamp on M.C! Have it pre-ordered on Amazon ($20 off) I have two older bros who don't game anymore so I have an idea of putting the game case as a status update on WhatsApp so they'll come over.

GamesRadar Review - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Arguably the best overall fighting game package ever made"

Andi Hamilton - Whether you're a hardcore fighting game player or a casual Street Fighter fan who hasn't touched the series for a generation or so, Street Fighter 6 has something for you and, not only that, manages to offer enough reason for both sides to dip their toes into the other side's water. It's a strong package – arguably the best overall fighting game package ever made – but it'd all be for naught if the fighting system that underpins it all wasn't up to much. It just happens to be the most flexible, versatile and expressive combat in a Street Fighter game to date. Street Fighter 6 is a perfect place to start or a brilliant continuation, an exceptional time for those who are looking to play 30 hours or 3000 hours.

Edited by Ghost