Street Fighter 6 - 92 on Metacritic

Abby_TheLastofUs

Ugh, this game looks amazing but I just can’t muster the interest for online multiplayer after the grind that was the SFV platinum…

After looking at that trophy list, SF6 now joins FFXIV, Monster Hunter World and DragonBall FighterZ on my Mount Rushmore of stellar games I just don’t have the patience/commitment to even start playing.

3 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

To each their own. My issue with fighting games trophy lists is they used to be all about doing everything in the game, experiencing every mode to it's fullest or at least the hardest parts but they have gone away from that.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/street-fighter-6

Reviews are out and it's reviewing incredibly well. World Tour seems to be the weakest part of the game and still has performance issues. 

92 is incredibly high for a fighting game. Bravo Capcom! ??

It also helps to know what will be thrown back at you. Knowing your opponent benefits you. Can’t wait for this.

Edited by G4Knight
  • Like 1

Not really a huge fighting game fan, usually pick up the Mortal Kombat games for the story mode but from the reveal of this game until now everything they have shown has impressed me 

I've gone from that looks good but I don't like fighters, to that story mode looks fun I might wait for a sale or PS Plus, to what it's how high on metacritic and people are calling it one of the best fighting game packages of all time I am sold 

Ended up paying £45 using a discount code in currys (UK) which I'm pretty happy with considering the price of most new games these days 

In terms of trophies looks like an easy list for the most part, If private tournaments count it'll be simple even for someone like me who lacks talent 

23 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

I've already got my copy pre-ordered, I played a fair amount of the demo and I really enjoyed the gameplay, looking forward to having my arse handed to me by the likes of @FreshFromThaDeli and @Copanele. The gameplay feels like Street Fighter 4 so I probably have a fighting chance against you guys!

Hey man, in our last set that we played (which was on SSFIV), you won and quite comfortably from what I remember. I been playing so much SF V over the years I unlearned some of the ways to play SFIV ?

Looking forward to our matches on SF6 & also with @Copanele

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Hey man, in our last set that we played (which was on SSFIV), you won and quite comfortably from what I remember. I been playing so much SF V over the years I unlearned some of the ways to play SFIV 1f605.png

I ain't promising that I will keep up with you guys (still avoiding the training mode/labbing ?) but I will do my best.

Also preordered the copy, all I pray for now is the servers to hold up. They did some modifications from what I am aware and hope the Capcom magic is real and we won't have framerate drops!

Gotta save Ken's marriage!

• Like 2

The plat difficulty really only depends on the fact if tournaments can be done privately or not. Other than that the plat is absolutely free.

Game is a blast to play though, even though I had to find a new main since my girls (Ibuki, Lucia, Falke, Akira) were all not invited to this party called SF6... maybe as dlc one day... give me my Ibuki back...

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The plat difficulty really only depends on the fact if tournaments can be done privately or not.

It doesn't work at all in current version? Or there is not enough people with the game to test right now.

44 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The plat difficulty really only depends on the fact if tournaments can be done privately or not. Other than that the plat is absolutely free.

Game is a blast to play though, even though I had to find a new main since my girls (Ibuki, Lucia, Falke, Akira) were all not invited to this party called SF6... maybe as dlc one day... give me my Ibuki back...

I agree on fan favorites missing but hey, at least there's always DLC! I'm so hype for friday, seriously can't wait! I think regardless whether the tournament trophy can be boosted or not I still think it might be manageable if you're in a lobby with just noobs. Just pick a grappler like Zangief who usually have a ton of armor, ridiculous reach and absolutely broken damage and you can end a match in less than 30 sec! My only concern is if you need a big group of people in order to even initiate a tournament or not, if it's possible to invite friends to the same lobby as you and what also has me curious is the 600 like trophy like how does that work exactly?? 

3 hours ago, Xugoshi said:

I agree on fan favorites missing but hey, at least there's always DLC! I'm so hype for friday, seriously can't wait! I think regardless whether the tournament trophy can be boosted or not I still think it might be manageable if you're in a lobby with just noobs. Just pick a grappler like Zangief who usually have a ton of armor, ridiculous reach and absolutely broken damage and you can end a match in less than 30 sec! My only concern is if you need a big group of people in order to even initiate a tournament or not, if it's possible to invite friends to the same lobby as you and what also has me curious is the 600 like trophy like how does that work exactly?? 

From what I understand you can leave a like after a match, having to accrue 600 will be an absolute pain in the arse. Especially if they limit how many matches or likes per day you can give. If you can boost matches with a friend and then like each others matches then it won't be a problem, it will take a while unless you have multiple street fighter 6 friends to like each others content, I guess we'll have to wait and see, not long to go! I recall watching the SF6 review by IGN and they had a tournament privately for 4 players if I'm not mistaken.

5 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Hey man, in our last set that we played (which was on SSFIV), you won and quite comfortably from what I remember. I been playing so much SF V over the years I unlearned some of the ways to play SFIV ?

Haha yeah that's true but I feel like Street Fighter 6 is easier to win/lose because of how much damage you can deal and depending on how adept you are at countering drive impacts since this leads to a full combo or a free corner combo. Its kind of the games "comeback" mechanic except it can be countered in a variety of ways. I remember fighting level 8 CPU Ryu and I tried to drive impact him when he was cornered and he perfect parried my drive impact then killed me!

At the start of each match you and your opponent have access to full drive rush instead of building meter reserves like you would in SF4. From a single whiff punish you could easily be on the back-foot by burning out with a double drive rush combo into oki. I'm curious will anybody be switching to "modern controls" because its easier to punish drive impact on reaction or will you guys stick with "classic controls". I'll be sticking to classic because that's what I'm used to, plus you're probably not allowed to play modern in ranked or trial mode.

Another youtuber showing combo trials we haven't seen before boys!

SOME BOMBO TRIALS FROM STREET FIGHTER 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - YouTube

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 1

Everything I've seen looks better than I dared to hope so far. My only reservation is this. Specifically the three currency thing and how that plays into MTX. The rest I can sorta get over

Edited by Eraezr

4 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Everything I've seen looks better than I dared to hope so far. My only reservation is this. Specifically the three currency thing and how that plays into MTX. The rest I can sorta get over

But you get all the current costumes as in-game unlock. Alternate outfits also come with colors 1-10 included. There is one battle pass. Ultimate edition literally gives you two extra outfit for every DLC character. You are basically either buy a deluxe with 4 DLC characters or Ultimate with 4 DLC characters + their outfits. This person is delusional. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 5:40 PM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

You have Kimberley ? 

On a side note I do wonder though if the yearly passes will get DLC trophy lists. The fact that they divided the trophy list this way to have part of the main game as DLC trophy lists at launch is giving me this feeling that they'll release new trophies with every major season pass. Then again, it's just characters they add so maybe not.

Also since no one has asked yet (surprisingly)... ?

65k94i.jpg

Edited by PostGameBlues

56 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

You have Kimberley ? 

On a side note I do wonder though if the yearly passes will get DLC trophy lists. The fact that they divided the trophy list this way to have part of the main game as DLC trophy lists at launch is giving me this feeling that they'll release new trophies with every major season pass. Then again, it's just characters they add so maybe not.

Also since no one has asked yet (surprisingly)... 1f602.png

65k94i.jpg

How dare you use the meme I created while quoting me? :D

I don't know anything about autopop, I only got the PS5 version.

• Like 2

There's clearly a lot of love that was put into Street Fighter 6 and it shows. They wanted that redemption from how badly received SF5 was at launch. 

As a bigger Tekken fan, I hope Tekken 8 can be somewhat close to this game's quality. I'd be happy with a proper story mode and arcade modes for individual characters like they used to have back in Tekken 5 and 6. Tekken 6's scenario campaign was pretty nice. Tekken 7 just threw everything out the window when it came to the characters. Zero personality, zero interactions, zero individual character stories. At least now we know there's character interactions during battle intros.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1