Why are they doing this? Platinum rant.

Valkyre4

On 3/2/2022 at 8:37 AM, Helyx said:

And here I thought the best part of a Souls game was getting to discover all the cool shit yourself. Going into Demon's Souls blind was one of my most enjoyable experiences in gaming the past few generations.

Dude right!? I don't get it.  Blind runs on these games make it 10x better.  Worry about the trophies after experiencing the game. Man it's been a while 

• Like 3

On 02/03/2022 at 11:03 AM, Valkyre4 said:

Another day another person who confuses difficult trophies with pointless collectible missable ones.

Please explain to me the challenge behind a missable trophy that asks you to do specific things, talks to specific NPCs and pick the right dialogue options to get an item that will net you the All weapons collectible trophy... what exactly is challenging about that? Where is the hard part? Its nothing.

Stop confusing challenging trophies (which btw I love) with pointless ones that do nothing but waste time. Did you even read my post or just thought it was cool to throw that comment anyway?

people have a bad habit of distort your words to fit the narrative they want, being overly sarcastic/ironic/provocative. Trust me, I know how it is. sometimes you make a thread in a totally innocent way just venting about something, casually complaining about some characteristics, but people are always with sticks and stones, maybe to get some attention or useless internet points to validate themselves.

on topic, you would never want to go platinum for Star Ocean: The Last Hope. haha

As someone well past middle aged, I agree that 150+ hour games shouldn’t have missable trophies that are based on luck rather than skill, as that does require me to use a guide. If I was a teenager I’d think nothing about spending 300+ hours, much of which is just repeating the same things, but I don’t have time for that now. I have maybe 20 good gaming years left in me. I can get through perhaps a game a month, although games like Yakuza can take me two to fully plat. I’ll say I can o only fully experience around 200 more games in my life. I don’t want to have to lose one just because the trophy challenges do not respect my time.

Now, if the game requires multiple playthroughs anyway then that is another annoyance, but likely makes this complaint meaningless.

devs, we want to fully explore and experience your games and we want challenging trophies. But we don’t want luck based missable trophies that then force another 150+ hours on us. That means many of us will be forced to use a guide so as not to waste precious time. 

46 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

people have a bad habit of distort your words to fit the narrative they want, being overly sarcastic/ironic/provocative. Trust me, I know how it is. sometimes you make a thread in a totally innocent way just venting about something, casually complaining about some characteristics, but people are always with sticks and stones, maybe to get some attention or useless internet points to validate themselves.

on topic, you would never want to go platinum for Star Ocean: The Last Hope. haha

For me it’s Tales of Symphonia, given up on that 3 times at various points in my life because of how many playthroughs are required and all the miasables.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 2:50 PM, Septomor said:

Can confirm, final time was 67 hours for plat. But I would say it probably is the most difficult fromsoft game imo, maybe with repeat playthroughs it'll be easier.

Is there any bullshit covenant like grinding in this one?

Those are literally my most hated trophies in these games. The concord kept farming in DS3 was atrocious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonesey46 said:

Is there any bullshit covenant like grinding in this one?

Those are literally my most hated trophies in these games. The concord kept farming in DS3 was atrocious.

Not at all, every trophy is beat a boss and then there are like 7 that are endings/finding items in the world. The items can be found easily with  a video, no grind like DS games, those were ridiculous I agree

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Map fragment locations can actually be seen on an uncovered map. You need to concentrate more on the actual game than on looking up guides for every single thing.

That's where you need a platinum walkthrough Sir, none are up yet and I've not even begun mine yet.

Having all those windows open, scanning back and forth constantly, searching all the time, even more so when you get stuck or want to know something etc that the trophy guide doesn't mention because it isn't directly related to trophies!

Sometimes I think you spend more time following a trophy guide than what you would following a full good platinum walkthrough, I say good because a lot of walkthroughs are no way near planned optimally, more like let plays.

Edited by Optinooby

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

That's where you need a platinum walkthrough Sir, none are up yet and I've not even begun mine yet.

Having all those windows open, scanning back and forth constantly, searching all the time, even more so when you get stuck or want to know something etc that the trophy guide doesn't mention because it isn't directly related to trophies!

Sometimes I think you spend more time following a trophy guide than what you would following a full good platinum walkthrough, I say good because a lot of walkthroughs are no way near planned optimally, more like let plays.

I'm not sure why are you quoting me. I think you wanted to quote the guy I was replying to...? I am not using any sort of guide. My point was if people would actually spend some time discovering things in game by themselves they wouldn't need to resort to guides for finding things like map fragments since the location of every map fragment is shown even on an uncovered map.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 8:58 AM, mega-tallica said:

Another day and another person complaining about missable trophies... Dying Light 2 all over again. 

Considering most games being released nowadays have incredibly easy trophy lists, it seems it's beginning to spoil people and some people now have the expectation that all games should be equally easy and gift you a platinum just for playing it and when they don't, somehow that means the trophy list is 'bad'. It shouldn't be a requirement for developers to cater their game and trophy list to a relatively small niche of people who only play games for trophies and nothing else. 

There used to be a time where most games didn't have such easy trophy lists and they actually were a challenge and required a little something called effort. Nowadays, we get games like Horizon 2 that only requires 50% game completion for a platinum. It's become a joke. 

And this is coming from a guy who only goes for platinum on easy games generally but at least I have the self-awareness of it and don't complain when a trophy list for a game is more difficult than I want. I just don't go for the platinum on those game then, simple, but there still needs to be a place for games with more difficult trophy lists. They shouldn't all be easy and that makes it all the more rewarding if you manage to earn it. 

Edited by BEYOND-EVIL

On 02/03/2022 at 2:46 PM, steel6burgh said:

Look at how many people already finished the platinum in just 4 or 5 days.  It's not too hard nor did they play 150 hours in 4 days that is impossible.

Yea I put in about 90 hours since it came out and got the platinum early yesterday morning, I got most of the trophies naturally by just exploring, I don't even see how you can screw up unless you fly through the game or kill loads of NPCs.

3 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

As someone well past middle aged, I agree that 150+ hour games shouldn’t have missable trophies that are based on luck rather than skill, as that does require me to use a guide. If I was a teenager I’d think nothing about spending 300+ hours, much of which is just repeating the same things, but I don’t have time for that now. I have maybe 20 good gaming years left in me. I can get through perhaps a game a month, although games like Yakuza can take me two to fully plat. I’ll say I can o only fully experience around 200 more games in my life. I don’t want to have to lose one just because the trophy challenges do not respect my time.

Now, if the game requires multiple playthroughs anyway then that is another annoyance, but likely makes this complaint meaningless.

devs, we want to fully explore and experience your games and we want challenging trophies. But we don’t want luck based missable trophies that then force another 150+ hours on us. That means many of us will be forced to use a guide so as not to waste precious time. 

For me it’s Tales of Symphonia, given up on that 3 times at various points in my life because of how many playthroughs are required and all the miasables.

There are no luck-based missable trophies, literally only way you can mess up is by flying through the game and not exploring or killing certain Npcs

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 10:14 AM, Valkyre4 said:

I just looked up the Platinum roadmap by Powerpyx and I am absolutely baffled at how exhausting this thing looks...

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind making a 150 hour open world game and deciding not only to include missable trophies in it, but also make those trophies so exhausting to acquire? Like there are 15 step instructions for getting a specific missable trophy, things that look so easy to miss. Hell some of them are dependent on dialogue options...

Am I the only one who finds this absolutely moronic? This thing practically is asking for you to spoil the entire game, by reading a guide, in order to achieve the platinum in one go...

I dont get it. This isnt a 20-30 hour game. I get missable trophies in small/medium sized games. I get that. But doing this in a huge open world game with a ton of content is almost insulting to people who dont have 300 hours lying around to spare.

The least you can do is make your trophies as hard as you want, but dont make them frigging missable for crying out loud...!

It's not like getting platinum is an essential part of the game, trophies are the extra mile for people who want to see everything there's to see in some games, I much rather have a "collect all weapons" trophy than  to just scrap the surface and get the platinum without much effort, maybe it's just me but I like to enjoy the games I paid my hard cash for, just like Nioh 2 were I clocked 384 hours and saw everything....I'll never undertand these treads the devs create a short and easy trophy list people complain if they create a long and complete one people also complain, maybe getting platinum in RPGs isn't for you.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 3

I already posted but thought I post again due to reading more posts here. I personally feel that elden ring is a fun game and should go into it blind and if someone cares so much about the plat being so this and that I would just say let them do what they want.

Me on the other hand I feel it is a fun to play and so on and yes I am one of them kinds of people to go out of my way to dup stuff or grind my ass off to get myself powerful early on as with all the soulsborne games I normally do that. dark souls 1, I make a beline run to get the great scythe and get better pyro magics to use.

Ds2 I just make a basic pyro and magic build who can use abit of everything mostly using long swords and rapiers. Ds3 make a normal knight who can use magic and later uses the great dragon slayer axe from the armour of onstein boss and boom done.

Demon souls just a normal magic and dex build able to use the blue blood sword. Bloodborne abit of a jack of all trades but uses mostly saw blade you start with and or the church pick weapon with the vile blood handgun.

In elden ring basically making a jack of all trades build/ the ranger guy from shadows of mordor.

All of this might be boring but I feel any way you get enjoyment out of a game is up to you. I get enjoyment from any game if someone loses sleep because of the way I play then they need to really wake up and stop losing their minds over others ways to enjoy things. I mean people bitched and moaned about people buying Resident evil 2 remakes unlock all pack and using the rockets to basically blast the game into the dirt. yeah it is not meant to be played like that using the rockets your meant to earn them but if they payed to get it that way so what.

Let them is what I say same with others who are like myself and are willing to dup shit for others. I mean I don't care what anyone says demon souls made me into a dupper due to the shitty grind of pure blade stone same with the tina sniper rifle in borderlands 2.

I just don’t see how missables in a great game is a bad thing? So what if you need another playthrough? In the second playthrough you know everything already and for that reason it will be a lot shorter. 

I will do a blind playthrough and experience the game at my own pace and on my second playthrough I’ll pull up a guide and work towards platinum. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

A number of you guys would be crying in a corner and bashing your controllers if AAA/AA production level games had the same difficulty and persistence requirements as trophy lists in 2008 - 2012 had.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/42370-ten-commandments-of-trophies/

this was posted back in 2010

since implementation, trophy hunters have been complaining about all types of things that are personally annoying to them for whatever reason

as trophies/games have evolved over time, some complaints remain the same, some change. 

ppl complain about all types of petty shit: trophies too easy. trophies are too hard. trophy tiles aren't pretty enough. game has missable trophies. game too short. game too long. game has dlc trophies. game has mp trophies. plat isn't rare enough. game has too many bronzes. game as too many golds. game has no platinum. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

we all have our pet peeves and "standards".

stfu and get whatever trophies u want/don't want, play/don't play whatever u want, and let others do the same

• Like 4

I think saying games shouldn't have missables holds back game design. Because what you're actually saying is "I don't think games should ever have consequences for my choices". Because if all the content is always available to you regardless of your decisions, then you hold back the potential for a game to give you consequences. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

I'm not sure why are you quoting me. I think you wanted to quote the guy I was replying to...? I am not using any sort of guide. My point was if people would actually spend some time discovering things in game by themselves they wouldn't need to resort to guides for finding things like map fragments since the location of every map fragment is shown even on an uncovered map.

Yea ur right, my dumbness got the better off me here xD