All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

3 hours ago, JediKnight_327 said:

And also as expected we have people pointlessly sharing their observation that other people are voicing displeasure at a faceless corporation. Wont ever chage will it?

3 hours ago, JediKnight_327 said:

It means people just work there and they wont necessarily care about the same things the customers if it means they can make/save more money.

My point was that the staff dont get personal when they make decisions, and nor should people take it personally when the company comes under criticism.

Its not even bad in this thread tbf. The store closure and GT7 threads are far worse ? Voicing displeasure is proven to help when it comes to dealing with Sony.

Although I have a different angle on this topic, I see your point.  Thanks for the clarification. 

I think the comment you made (referring to me) saying "...people pointlessly sharing their observation that other people are voicing displeasure..." was a bit unfair, though.  For clarification, I was referring to the extreme position or lack of knowledge on a particular topic from some individuals that voice displeasure haphazardly.  That's why I had a vague, one-liner as I wasn't referencing any specific comment per se, but one that indicated a 'here we go again with this BS' response to individuals commenting on a topic they either have no idea what they're talking about and/or any reasoning behind their comment.  We all disagree with many things said on these forums but some of the 'Sony sucks' or Sony doesn't know what they're talking about' comments with no context need to be called out, imo.  Everyone has a right to their opinion, and I respect that, I believe those rights apply to me as well.

Edited by Paperclip1776
grammar update
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

I Think The Deluxe One is only In Latin American parts and ausssie fellas

I don’t know anything about Oceania, but the PlayStation Blog (Asia) says the Deluxe will be available in: KR, HK, TW, SG, MY and “details about more Asian regions is coming soon”: https://blog.zh-hant.playstation.com/2022/03/29/20220329-psplus/

And, the Deluxe will also be available in Latin America:

https://blog.br.playstation.com/2022/03/29/novo-playstation-plus-sera-lancado-em-junho-com-mais-de-700-jogos-e-muito-mais-valor-do-que-nunca/

https://blog.latam.playstation.com/2022/03/29/el-nuevo-playstation-plus-se-lanzara-en-junio-con-mas-de-700-juegos-y-mas-valor-que-nunca/

Edited by ChenZheCHN

Know how Plus subscribers get the Plus emblem next to their username? Kinda hope there are two new emblems for the higher tiers. No special reason, would just be amusing.

I confess that what PS1/2/PSP games offered will change how I feel about the highest tier. Particularly if they have trophy support, as has been hinted in the past. Could just buy one year and see how it pans out, then downgrade the following year if it turns out to be terrible.

• Like 1

I suppose I'll count my blessings and be glad that the lowest tier is essentially the same as PS+ is today. I didn't want to be put in a situation where I'd have to pay more money for features I don't care for. The "Extra" tier doesn't interest me at all since I already have a huge backlog of games that I'll probably never have time to get through as is. Don't need to add more to that. I probably own most of the good stuff they're offering anyway. As for the "Premium" tier, I think it's really shitty that Sony are holding backwards compatibility hostage with the highest tier of a subscription service like this. Just let me buy the games I want separately ffs... ? Also, no Vita games (even the ones compatible with PSTV) and PS3 games are still only available through streaming which is also lame.

I'll be sticking with the "Essential" tier, and *maybe* I'll occasionally go up to the "Premium" tier for a month to play some PS1/PS2/PSP titles, but that all depends on the quality of the catalog they're offering and whether or not they have trophy support. It's Sony, so I'm expecting them to fuck it up.

• Like 2

So if I’m reading this right, those of us with current PS+ subscriptions will only translate over into the lowest tier? How exactly is upgrading supposed to work if we want to, we just pay the difference?

At the very least I’m interested in the middle tier for those extra PS4/PS5 games, as I tend to be a budget gamer and I could see myself getting a lot of value out of that package potentially. Not sure about premium though, we will see.

On 25/3/2022 at 6:26 PM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.

1) Thanks kind Sony that tell not to give you my money, you know how i want to?

2) What they doing, PS Now was launched in 2014 and is only available in 19 countries!!! Don't tell is only due to infrastructures.

3)Sony bought Gaikai they can also use the Azure platform (they work together with Microsoft in that.

3) Lack of PS3 emulation is a big lack

4)Local pricing will vary by market. Of course ☺️. We already pay more than USA, plus 24% VAT because we are so special ?

1 hour ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

I Think The Deluxe One is only In Latin American parts and ausssie fellas

Add to the above many European countries

I think a lot of people are forgetting about this in the PlayStation Plus Extra plan  "including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play" If this is like game pass that right there save you a lot of money most Sony studio game are 70$ let say you get 2 year that 140$ when the plan is only 100$

9 minutes ago, MRgreen55 said:

I think a lot of people are forgetting about this in the PlayStation Plus Extra plan  "including blockbuster hits from our PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party partners. Games in the Extra tier are downloadable for play" If this is like game pass that right there save you a lot of money most Sony studio game are 70$ let say you get 2 year that 140$ when the plan is only 100$

No chance, it will be old games. 

Hype for this! I love PS Now and currently have multiple years (5 or so) of it stacked, so this upgrade works out perfectly. Might even consider picking up a few more years if I can find a reliable source of 12 month subs for under $40.

I had a feeling base PS+ would get the shaft, considering how easy it was to find for under $30 over the past few years.

• Like 1

Honestly, living in a country without PS Now, this doesn't change much for me. Still no streaming Ps3 games. All this does is making me want to ditch plus on my main account, get a few years of PS Now on another account in advance, and enjoy the highest tier of the new subscription for less money. The way I see it, people who only want to have now and don't care about plus (or already have it on another account) will have to pay more, and that's the biggest change. 

The ps1/2/psp games... Until I see the list, I don't care that much. I have a feeling that the selection is going to be very limited and it's going to be mostly Final Fantasy games, Tekken 3, MGS. You know, the big games, which are already available either on Now or on PS Classic or whatever it's called. No Tenchu, no Syphon Filter, Tomba, Parasite Eve. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, visighost said:

That is one of my biggest peeves (coupled with the fact that connecting to online saves takes forever, that there is an increasing number of "application not recognized" files in mine, and that there is no way to sort the files meaningfully). The size that we're allowed to use is meaningless if there's a limit on the number of files. The system is definitely not useful for "power users" (or whatever you wanna call people with lots of games).

Glad to see I'm not the only person peeved at this, because it sometimes feels like it, especially among people I know irl, lol. I've managed to fill about 15GB max of my supposed 100GB of online storage before I hit the 1,000 file limit. Thank God PS4 game saves are able to be backed up to USB, but no such luck with PS5.

I forgot to mention in my original post, but now that others have brought it up, I also hope nothing gets screwed when they "relaunch" the service in June. My PS+ doesn't expire till mid 2024, so hopefully that'll still be the case after the relaunch, and I hope I don't lose access to my PS3 and Vita PS+ games. I imagine there'll be a lot of pissed people if they did just take away your older PS+ games, but I can't trust Sony not to royally mess up somehow.

51 minutes ago, MercilessWaffle said:

I've managed to fill about 15GB max of my supposed 100GB of online storage before I hit the 1,000 file limit. Thank God PS4 game saves are able to be backed up to USB, but no such luck with PS5.

Whats also lame on top of being stupid is that ps4 and ps5 saves are sharing that 1000 file cap and ps3/vita has their own cap. PS5 should have its own cap at least.

Edited by NERVergoproxy

2 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Whats also lame on top of being stupid is that ps4 and ps5 saves are sharing that 1000 file cap and ps3/vita has their own cap. PS5 should have its cap!

Yep. I basically can't use the auto uploads anymore even though I have almost all my storage space free (file size wise) because I have something like five years of backups I can't be assed to delete.