PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium Games List

Sailar91

3 hours ago, DJ_Murda_Murk said:

Why do you think streaming is a bad idea?  I've gone back and platinumed 2 Ratchet and Clanks via it and had no real issues.

Hating on streaming without even trying it is the new cool thing to do, like how it used to/still is to hate on anything EA. The reality is if you can play multiplayer games you can stream games just fine. To most people it will probably even feel like the game is running locally.

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I think it matters in which country you live, which game you play and at which time of the week

I've been a member since day 1 and it's been exactly the same no matter what I try. And I've moved house 3 times, tried multiple different devices and isps including a high speed business one where I was the only one connected.

Most games have latency issues, some high like GOW PS4, some have lag spikes like on MotoGP I would be turning a corner then get a large stutter and almost crash. But some have very low latency and no spikes, basically they work flawlessly like G-Force, GOW PS3.

The reason a lot think it works well is because they have a high tolerance to latency or just don't pay attention. 

• Like 3

On 2023-05-16 at 5:53 AM, PortaLuna said:

Wytchwood is a beautiful and great game! The art style is great, charming story, and ultimately fun. It's basically a fetch game, you're often running around collecting bugs, critters, and various items to make things to progress the story, but it's a lot of fun.

I have to agree with this. Found this a nice little relaxing game.

On 2023-05-17 at 6:05 PM, G_J270216 said:

Is plat for Wytchwood obtainable? I read a lot that the game and trophies are really buggy.

PS4 version ran without a hitch for me.

PS5 version, the game ran fine but trophies didn’t always pop right away. Closing and reopening the game would auto-pop the ones I had achieved and trophies would pop normally until the end of that session. Next time, no pop again but would auto-pop by repeating above. A little inconvenient but everything still popped in the end.

Not a long game, first run took me about 13-15 hours. Second time when I knew where things were and what extra things to grab for the future took about 6-7 hrs.  

There’s guides out there but you shouldn’t need them. I didn’t.  It’s a straightforward game and, I found, a very relaxing game. The only thing that will slow you down is you have to figure out what drops from what creature. Many are straightforward and once you take each thing out, you’ll know where to get things from.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

The streaming is god awful basically. It worked no problem when it was PS Now but it's unplayable now. Went to go back to a few games and in the end I just bought a PS3 to do it because at least I can see what I'm doing without counting the pixels 

I have never had any problem with that actually. It could be related to your region maybe. The only thing I can complain is the servers sometimes going down making me not being able to stream through my pc. But the streaming part always had quality, at least in my experience.

1 hour ago, MattbluePT said:

I have never had any problem with that actually. It could be related to your region maybe. The only thing I can complain is the servers sometimes going down making me not being able to stream through my pc. But the streaming part always had quality, at least in my experience.

Possibly and it may have improved since last time I tried it but I had zero issues with PS Now and as soon as it merged I had drops in frames, pixelated until it closes the game through lack of internet speed and I have 100 up/down fiber connected by ethernet 

Streaming is bad idea if you're living under a rock and use crappy mobile connection.

Buddy of mine gave me access to his account. Wanted to check classic PS3 Ratchets, but because licensing issues i couldn't play them. I decided to check them via streaming instead. Are they pixelated? Sure, they are. But i don't have to download them. They run in 4K, which is impossible on PS3. Did they have lags? Yup, but only from time to time and input lag wasn't as bad as predicted to be. Got all skill points in first game, even those most annoying that require no damage runs or perfect race times. Sure i could buy overpriced disk version on PS3 but i plan to plat at least 8 games from the series and i don't think i'm in the mood right now to rebuy things i already paid for by buying the sub. Played first game like crazy for over a week and i was never disconnected once, so if you can save at every moment, levels in a game aren't long and you'll loose just few minutes of progress when problems occur streaming is ok, especially when you loaded with tvs, consoles and hundreds of games already and have no place to buy new ones. It was always suplementary economical thing in the first place. Never the best option to play and you should avoid games with dlcs, because you can't buy them for streaming titles or games that require doing long runs without saving the game. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982

56 minutes ago, HusKy said:
  • Not suitable for hard games - any harder game that requires precise inputs will be a problem. The combination of input lag and occasional stutter will make an already hard game harder. Who enjoys dying because of technical limitations?

Back when it was ps now other accounts could stream any games they wanted (as opposed to needing the plus account owner to stream a game first), so my partner would just stream any game he was interested in…so of course he played the entirety of Celeste without assist mode by streaming it

I offered to download it for him, but he doesn’t have plus so he’d have to start over. I always thought I was the one good at games in the house, but that took dedication.

It’s a shame they removed the catalogue that was accessed from the main screen because now my partner never plays any games. He doesn’t know what’s included and he doesn’t want to ask me to stream/download something first for him. He doesn’t care enough to get his own subscription

5 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

Back when it was ps now other accounts could stream any games they wanted (as opposed to needing the plus account owner to stream a game first)

They still can it's just a broken feature like most things on plus. Sony just don't want to fix anything for some reason, the service has been an absolute mess since day 1. PS Now worked flawlessly, never really had issues and the app for it was great. I can't even browse the new app without it constantly crashing/refreshing. 

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Very little control over save files - not being able to make a backup of the save and then create fresh save

You can absolutely do this with streamed PS3 games. You can open the PS3 XMB while streaming, navigate to the saves folder and backup any save to your personal PS+ cloud folder. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrHealthy said:

You can absolutely do this with streamed PS3 games. You can open the PS3 XMB while streaming, navigate to the saves folder and backup any save to your personal PS+ cloud folder. 

Omg. You're right. It works and you can use saves on your PS3 after you download them from Cloud storage. Thanks. I didn't know that.

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

The video output is 720p with visible compression artifacts, upscaled to whatever is set by the console or TV. It's not 4K or even 1080p.

Ok, ok. Most of PS3 games were running natively in 720p. Yes? So tell me, if you buy FullHD TV will they look better in upscaled 1080p? It's rhetorical.

2 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

I stand corrected. I still prefer USB backups (which are not available on PS5 either ?‍♂️) and I still think any form of streaming right now is subpar experience. My opinion might change once the tech gets better, who knows.

I updated my post so it does not confuse anyone.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I've been a member since day 1 and it's been exactly the same no matter what I try. And I've moved house 3 times, tried multiple different devices and isps including a high speed business one where I was the only one connected.

Most games have latency issues, some high like GOW PS4, some have lag spikes like on MotoGP I would be turning a corner then get a large stutter and almost crash. But some have very low latency and no spikes, basically they work flawlessly like G-Force, GOW PS3.

The reason a lot think it works well is because they have a high tolerance to latency or just don't pay attention. 

I hope you've be trying with a WIRED connection

16 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

They still can it's just a broken feature like most things on plus. Sony just don't want to fix anything for some reason, the service has been an absolute mess since day 1. PS Now worked flawlessly, never really had issues and the app for it was great. I can't even browse the new app without it constantly crashing/refreshing. 

Yeah he can still stream games if the title is on the console for him to access, but he can’t look through the games and stream them anymore since they took away the ps now menu that used to be on the Home Screen. I’ve told him he can go into my account to look at the games, but he refuses to do that…unless there’s a way for other users to stream games directly from the store that I’m unaware of

1 hour ago, xSweetBunny said:

Little Nightmares is leaving the service on 6/19 as per the product page in the store. It was never listed in the "Last chance to play" section

Shows as leaving in UK store, FFS Sony are utterly useless. Wouldn't surprise me if more are leaving we don't know about. 

• Like 2

Games leaving this month are already no longer available in europe. Also already no longer eligible to start if downloaded.

Given how yesterday, I checked and the game information on my PS4 said the one game from the list I have and did not yet finish was still playable until 7/1, I'm kinda miffed. But the point is: Already gone way before 6/21.