PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium Games List

Sailar91

5 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

There isn't a trophy guide for Raiden V on this site, but if you search there is one on another site.

There are 3 types of weapons you can cycle through based on what pick-up you grab that appears: orange (spread machine gun), blue (laser), and purple (homing weapon). So there are 3 weapon types, and each weapon type has 3 choices. You pick 1 of each type to mount at the start of your run. You can experiment to see which you like more but I prefer orange (Swing Vulcan), blue (reflect laser), and purple (Catch Plasma). Swing Vulcan is pretty similar to wide vulcan ( a spreadshot) except when you fly to the left or right it angles the spreadshot in the direction you are moving so it is easier to hit enemies on the opposite side of the screen. Swing Vulcan also has a slightly tighter shot pattern so it absolutely annihilates bosses. For that reason it is a good idea to try to end each stage with Swing Vulcan. Reflect laser fires a prism out that when you shoot it with the laser splits the beam. It turns your forward only shooting laser into basically a screen-sized weedwhacker. One of the weakness of the other blue lasers is they can only fire forward, but reflect covers all directions, including behind you. This makes it much easier to shoot all the enemies while you have to use the blue laser to upgrade it. Catch Plasma has tentacles that home onto anything that gets within a certain range of your ship, and then locks on and does continuous damage to it until it is destroyed. That is very handy for some of the levels when a bunch of weak ships are quickly flying by or when they come up behind you.

There is one online trophy, cheer squad, but that will come very early. There is an online leaderboard you connect to that has various tasks, every time you do the tasks you will get a cheer and your cheer gauge will rise. They are very simple things so you will get the required 50 in no time. The cheer gauge lets you trigger a special cheer attack that fires one of several special weapon attacks like a volley of homing missiles in all directions, sweeping laser swords that destroy all bullets in range, etc. There are no co-op trophies in this Raiden List.

Look up on youtube the location of the Sol Towers in each stage, the guide explains it terribly. To trigger the Sol Tower you have to put the shadow of your craft over it to power it down, which causes it to rise up out of the ground, and then you can destroy it. There is only 1 per some stages and you will have to destroy 100 of them for a trophy so you want to collect them whenever you can in order to lessen the grind later.

You will also need to collect 1000 of a certain kind of medal, these spawn when you destroy ground based units. Unlike the medals from the air-based ships that will fly toward your ship as soon as you stop firing for a second, the ground based medals stay fixed in place, you have to fly over collect them. So collect as many as possible as you play to lessen the grind later.

The walkthrough advocates doing the first run on normal difficulty for a specific reason, I agree with this.

For the next several runs in which you unlock all the routes they recommend doing it in practice mode (in which the enemies don't fire at you) I do not agree with this. That is because of two other grindy trophies: Janitor and intercept. In a late stage, you have the opportunity to shoot down debris from an asteroid field, over several playthroughs you have to destroy 1000 debris, but it only counts on easy difficulty or higher. It's the same with intercept, destroying 500 planes that drop the colored weapon power ups, you only get credit for this on easy+ difficulty. You can die and continue as many times as you want during this stage of unlocking all the routes, so you might as well do it on easy difficulty instead of practice difficulty to cut down the later grind on these two trophies. It will also be good practice for your eventual 1CC easy difficulty run as you can figure out when in each stage it's best to have which of the 3 weapons, what order to upgrade them (you have to upgrade them all pretty evenly as you go or you will be stuck upgrading a weak weapon in a late stage which can make it difficult to keep your enemy % destroy rate up to stay on the S route), when you will need to use bombs, practice dodging enemy shots, etc. You can also skip the step of getting 80 million points in practice mode for now as you will very likely also get it during your 1 CC easy difficulty run or True Ending practice mode run.

There are 6 endings, the trophy guide has the text ending for each of the 6 as it can be tough to know which one you got otherwise. So have the guide up handy whenever you beat the game (you might also want to take a screen shot of the first page of dialogue each time you beat the game to keep track) so that you know which if any you are missing. The guide is not sure of the conditions for the true ending, after experimentation I believe it is: all S routes, max all 3 weapons, do it all in one sitting on 1 CC with no restart of ANY kind (no exit game and continue, no scene or chapter restarts, and no dying and continuing) which you can pretty easily do on practice mode.

For the 1CC easy route, it is probably a good idea to have two back-ups. A thumb drive as a "in case of large screw up" that you back-up every couple stages, and then the PS+ save file slot (if you have it) to back-up to every time you clear a 1/3rd of the stage or so to your satisfaction (each stage is divided into 3 scenes). If you take too much damage during a scene, you don't have to exit and revert your save, just restart scene from the pause menu and your ship will be back to the condition it was at the start of the scene. What I often did was quit and do a PS+ back-up at the start of a new stage, then rely on "restart scene" for the rest of the stage, unless I performed particularly perfect, then I went ahead and stopped at the end of the scene to do a new PS+ back-up.

Thank u so much for this detailed and awesome mini guide, that will help me for sure and looking for that other guide too, will start the game and if i stumble on anything will send u if u wouldn't mind

thanks again

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I think I spend more time browsing than I do playing. Most of the time I don't end up playing anything, I get burnt out just browsing lol. 

It's a common problem. I spent a lot of time bookmarking the whole catalog but barely made a dent in it.

It's also common for me to fall asleep while browsing streaming services for something to watch.

We are spoiled by variety and accessability.

• Like 3

Many thanks blu3st4rdust305 for the updates :)

PS5 version of Jumanji exists, but is apparently not included in the catalog (I checked in Europe & NA)

Also, destruction Allstars is not available in Europe: it is in the list but cannot be downloaded (seems ok in NA)

• Like 1

@blu3st4rdust305 @RustyZero Thanks a lot for the updates! (I need this kind of help)

Additions:

Soulstice is now available for PS4 ✅

Saints Row: The Third Remastered for PS4/PS5 is no longer available. I think it was pulled in the last couple of months. ✅

Chicory: A Colorful Tale is also available for PS5. ✅

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back is available for PS4. (In the Ps4 Remastered part)

Bus Simulator 21 Next Stop is available for PS4 and PS5. (Already listed)

Code Vein is available for PS4. (Need confirmation, it was part of Essential not sure Extra)

Final Fantasy VII Remake is also available for PS4 ✅

Journey to the Savage Planet is available for PS4 and PS5 ✅

Jumanji: The Video Game is also available on PS5 ✅

Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Strikers is available for PS4 (Need confirmation, it was part of Essential not sure Extra)

Slime Rancher is available for PS4 ✅

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan is also available for PS5. ✅

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope is also available for PS5. ✅

Move to Premium:

Raiden V: Director's Cut is part of Premium, not Extra. (Not so sure, but it wil leave in 17 days so) ✅

Mount & Blade: Warband is part of Premium, not Extra ✅

Hot Shots Tennis is part of Premium, not Extra ✅

Removals:

Akiba's Beat is not available. ✅

Back to Bed is not available ✅

PGA Tour 2K21 is not available.✅

VelociBox is not available. ✅

@GUDGER666 @LastMinuteSavior I feel your pain, one good thing is the PSNP+ add on, I was able to create 2 list, one for the "To Do Games" the other one is the "Maybe" games, every month I have to add more and more games and I don't thik I'll be able to finish everything

Edited by Sailar91
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Sailar91 said:

Raiden V: Director's Cut is part of Premium, not Extra. (Not so sure, but it wil leave in 17 days so)

It's definitely in Extra in both EU and US. Maybe it's listed differently in the previous poster's region. For example Crysis Remastered is Premium in US, but Extra in EU.

Just got the ace pilot trophy in raiden V. Protip for anybody struggling with this trophy, you can raise your cheer meter by pausing the game and pressing triangle to cheer people on while paused which will fill up your cheer meter for those tougher sections. I was literally at the final boss with 13% health, no bombs and a level 3 swing vulcan(accidentally switched to this before the final boss after using a fully upgraded catch plasma for half the game and lets just say this wasn't fun) and this handy little exploit saved my ass as i wasn't properly set up for this boss.

I got 100% in both Bioshock 1 & 2 and I do not regret it. Wonderful games.

I'm not sure I'm going for Raiden V, tho.

It's sad, coz I don't have a Platinum for any sh'mup. Can someone recommend me a doable, nice game in this genre?

Edited by Clavietka
Typo

8 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

I got 100% in both Bioshock 1 & 2 and I do not regret it. Womderful games.

It's sad, coz I don't have a Platinum for any sh'mup. Can someone recommend me a doable, nice game in this genre?

Try the Cotton games, very easy :)

6 hours ago, Clavietka said:

I wouldn't say it's easy, but I just managed to do it. I don't usually play those games, but it was fun enough. A bit grindy so start it up on an alt account for an hour to see if you're interested in it(that's if you care about completion percentages). 

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

10 hours ago, Clavietka said:

Shoot 1Up DX. I played that when it was on the now-defunct Xbox Live Arcade Indies program, it was great and one of the easier shmups I played that generation.

In that game, instead of extra lives, you gain extra ships which you can then spread out or keep tight to change your combat strategy. You quickly get so many ships it becomes almost impossible to loose them all, the challenge lies in scoring.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sailar91 said:

I want to try something new that I copied from @GUDGER666

Pre Relase 12 July 2023

• It Takes Two | PS4, PS5 | Players Tot: 120440  | Plat Achievers: 38918
  • Sniper Elite 5 | PS4, PS5 | Players Tot: 10232  | Plat Achievers: 81
  • Snowrunner | PS4, PS5 | Players Tot: 30502  | Plat Achievers: 2121
  • World War Z | PS4, PS5 | Players Tot: 115042  | Plat Achievers: 3796
  • The Ascent | PS4, PS5 | Players Tot: 8580  | Plat Achievers: 670
  • Undertale | PS4 | Players Tot: 82930  | Plat Achievers: 37365
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated | PS4 | Players Tot: 126104  | Plat Achievers: 34749
  • Melty Blood: Type Lumina | PS4 | Players Tot: 4446  | Plat Achievers: 685
  • Dysmantle | PS4, PS5 | Players Tot: 2689  | Plat Achievers: 547
  • Circus Electrique | PS4 | Players Tot: 191  | Plat Achievers: 16
  • Dynasty Warriors 9 | PS4 | Players Tot: 29155  | Plat Achievers: 4264
  • Samurai Warriors 5 | PS4 | Players Tot: 6154  | Plat Achievers: 1230
  • My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure | PS4, PS5 | Players Tot: 1014  | Plat Achievers: 876
  • Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R | PS4, PS5 | Players Tot: 1060  | Plat Achievers: 664
  • Monster Jam Steel Titans | PS4 | Players Tot: 8622  | Plat Achievers: 775

I was gonna start updating my thread with Extra and Premium numbers. I've got all the numbers for Junes Extra and Premium games. I start and end the count at around 10am UK time. I think Peppa Pig will be dominating the numbers lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I was gonna start updating my thread with Extra and Premium numbers. I've got all the numbers for Junes Extra and Premium games. I start and end the count at around 10am UK time. I think Peppa Pig will be dominating the numbers lol. 

My bad I didn’t see the post in the Forum section and wrongly assumed that you didn’t want to update it 

You can take the numbers in my post if you want, can you link the post because it’s a wonderful idea for all those people that like statistics 

Edited by Sailar91
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sailar91 said:

My bad I didn’t see the post in the Forum section and wrongly assumed that you didn’t want to update it 

You can take the numbers in my post if you want, can you link the post because it’s a wonderful idea for all those people that like statistics 

I wasn't gonna bother but some seem to like it. Yea thanks for list, saves me writing them all out for this month. 

I've changed the title to include Extra/Premium.