I'm in once again! Here's my crazy list:

• Tales of Symphonia [PS3] - 0%
  • MotoGP 18 [PS4] - 10%
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom [PS4] - 0%
  • Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires [PS3] - 0%
  • Papers, Please [Vita] - 0%

Initial thoughts:

Hide contents

Tales of Symphonia: This is a big one. I promised myself I would either play this or Final Fantasy X this year (the latter I played a gagillion times on PS2 so it can wait). The guide says 4 playthroughs and 150 hours. Considering I'll do my first playthrough mostly blind, those numbers will go higher for me. I tried to pick short/easy ones for my other games to even things out and I have some vacation time coming up in the summer. Wish me luck on this one!

MotoGP: I need a racing game for a personal milestone. I got this in a sale and already done the online trophies. Since it's already started why not just finish it up.

SpongeBob: I wanted to include a PS+ title. I'm a big SpongeBob fan also, my sister and I quote the show all the time and just laugh when other people don't get what we're talking about.

DW6E: This one seems like a really short and easy DW game. I never played an "Empires" game so this will be interesting.

Papers, Please: I'll be spending some of my vacation time traveling. I usually take my Vita with me, hence the game. Just something relaxing, not requiring too much effort.

Added. Glory to Arstotzka!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Thanks for running this again @MidnightDragon! I've joined the last two and they have been great motivation and it's fun checking back in and seeing everyone's progress etc. I'll sign up again for sure.

Tentative starting list is:

1. Elden Ring - 2%
  2. Heavenly Bodies - 6%
  3. Horizon Forbidden West - 4%
  4. Tales of Arise - 10%
  5. The Riftbreaker - 11%

I have been caught out twice now unfortunately with Monster Hunter World: Iceborne at 88% after the winter challenge and this time Gran Turismo 7 will be above 90% at the end of the spring one. Would be nice if we could roll one game into the next challenge. Maybe include one game at any % or something?

I’ll be discussing the next challenge later in the summer. It’s something I’ll consider. For now, added.

3 hours ago, ArtisticGeek said:

Every time I say I’m gonna take a break from this I keep getting pulled back in. This time tho bad timing has brought me back. My very old computer finally died and until I can get a new one I’m not exactly able to work so back to tackling the backlog while I’m saving up! Lol

I’m just gonna give my starter games and then just try and update and a weekly basis. Hopefully I can stick to it better this time around.

(Possible 11th: Nier Replicant.

depends on how much I can Finish before the start from the Spring event.)

1: Horizon Forbidden West

2: Biomutant

3:Atelier Meruru ~ The Apprentice of Arland

4:Yakuza 3

5: Our World is Ended 

6: GalGun Double Peace

7: Kotodama: The 7 mysteries of Fujisawa

8: Hitman: Blood Money

9: Hitman: Absolution

10: Ghost Runner

1 hour ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

I'm going to make a somewhat tentative list now I think and hope that what I put down still qualifies by the time this event starts:

(In no particular order)

1. The Sinking City 

2. Saints Row the Third Remastered

3. Grid Legends

4. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

5. Kao the Kangaroo (out May 27th)

6. Cyberpunk 2077

7. Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga

8. Tales of Arise

9. Ghostwire Tokyo

10. Planet Coaster 

I'll go back in before the event starts and put my starting percentages and curate the list if somehow I end up with games that no longer qualify. I'm sure they'll be fine though. 

Added as well.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

I am going to be doing this for the first time, never done this before mainly due to time, and I should have the time this summer to do this, I do not just do PlayStation gaming but I can make this work this Summer, and it will be a good test. 

1. Yakuza: Like A Dragon (PS5) 20% 

2. 428: Shibuya Scramble (PS4) 8% 

3. AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - nirvanA Initiative (PS4, expected out June 24) 0% 

4. Chaos; Child (PS4) 0% 

5. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS4) 0%

A lot of VN but most of these games have been on my backlog and need to finally be played. 

Yay! Added

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

Same goes for Freedom Cry, grabbed it off PS+ since I'd never played an AC game and I wasn't really a fan of the mechanics.

I did AC Freedom Cry a few months ago. A tip, play it offline. For some reason the standalone version port is not very good, and it's prone to frequent crashes when it tries pinging the Ubisoft servers. I found it pretty frustrating losing progress frequently, but no problems at all when I played offline ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

I'll sign up for this. I've got a lot of old games to clean up and I'm still on a bit of a buzz from knocking Quantum Theory off of that list recently.

1.) Red Faction: Guerrilla (PS3) - 40%
2.) Jump Force (PS4) - 15%
3.) Blade Kitten (PS3) - 28%
4.) Magrunner: Dark Pulse (PS3) - 15%
5.) Assassins Creed Freedom Cry (PS4, Stand alone DLC) - 5%

The online for Jump Force is shutting down on 8/24 so I'd like to have that all cleared off by then. It's the only one from the list I've been currently working on but I'll make sure it stays below 33% until 6/1. Red Faction is the next priority and really the prime motivator, I've been meaning to get back to it for a while. I did the online with a group but there's one trophy for playing online after you've completed the campaign, with another person who has completed the campaign. I just kind of fizzled out like I often do with open world games, they're certainly not my forte. Same goes for Freedom Cry, grabbed it off PS+ since I'd never played an AC game and I wasn't really a fan of the mechanics.

I may add more games during the course of the event but we'll see how it goes. If I do add more, does it have to be another block of five and if I do add another block of five can one of them be up to 50% again?

11 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

I am in as always, likely tweaking this prior to start.

Assassin's Creed Origins 16%

Far Cry 6 0%

Resident Evil 7 7%

Spyro 0%

Battlefield V 0%

Mass Effect Andromeda 0%

Welcome aboard!

Really should think about my list soon…

• Like 1

Sign me up for the Summer Challenge.  Spring was not nearly as successful as the Fall/Winter Challenge but Summer Break is coming up so my evenings will hopefully be a little more free.

Tentative List

PS3 Telltales Game of Throne (37%)  (Started before I got my PS4, but then upgraded to PS4 version to get the platinum.  said I would go back to it but that was many years ago now.  Better late than never)

PS4 Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory (16%) (Been on my lists for the last 2, but always shelfed it to focus on another game that took all my free time, time to finish it) 

PS4 Star Wars Fallen Order (0%)  (been on my back burner since I bought it, didn't even get to it in the Spring challenge)

PS3/4 Final Fantasy X-2 (0%)  (For all the hate this game receives, I actually enjoyed it when I was in High School.  Going to see if nostalgia is tricking my mind)

PS4 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered (0%)  (needed a 5th game and I didn't want to take a second telltale game or a trophy padder like Burly Men At Sea. We will see how far I get with this one, probably use it to break up the grind on the RPGs)

Edited by The_Head_Crusher
  • Like 3

@MidnightDragon 

I'm changing my list. Tales of Symphonia is out and Resistance 3 is in. I will still play through Symphonia in the summer but not go for plat/100% at this time.

It completely slipped my mind that we got two Formula 1 games coming out this summer plus Two Point Campus towards the end (some games I'm interested in) so I just won't have time for a time sink like Symphonia (but will probably do it for Fall/Winter).

I'll update my original post too.

• Resistance 3 [PS3] - 0%
  • MotoGP 18 [PS4] - 10%
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom [PS4] - 0%
  • Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires [PS3] - 0%
  • Papers, Please [Vita] - 0%
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The_Head_Crusher said:

Sign me up for the Summer Challenge.  Spring was not nearly as successful as the Fall/Winter Challenge but Summer Break is coming up so my evenings will hopefully be a little more free.

Tentative List

PS3 Telltales Game of Throne (37%)  (Started before I got my PS4, but then upgraded to PS4 version to get the platinum.  said I would go back to it but that was many years ago now.  Better late than never)

PS4 Digimon Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory (16%) (Been on my lists for the last 2, but always shelfed it to focus on another game that took all my free time, time to finish it) 

PS4 Star Wars Fallen Order (0%)  (been on my back burner since I bought it, didn't even get to it in the Spring challenge)

PS3/4 Final Fantasy X-2 (0%)  (For all the hate this game receives, I actually enjoyed it when I was in High School.  Going to see if nostalgia is tricking my mind)

PS4 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered (0%)  (needed a 5th game and I didn't want to take a second telltale game or a trophy padder like Burly Men At Sea. We will see how far I get with this one, probably use it to break up the grind on the RPGs)

Added.

Made some changes... I might add Rage at a later point, I just don't feel like playing it now for the Spring Challenge.

Dropped Resident Evil 5 and replaced it with Ace Combat 7

- Metro Last Light (PS3) - 4%

- God of War (PS3) - 17%

- Splinter Cell Blacklist (PS3) - 41%

- The Last of Us II (PS4) - 2%

- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) - 6%

- Ace Combat 7 (PS4) - 28%

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Otter said:

I’d like to sign up! The list:

1. Fallout: New Vegas (30/76 - 33%)

2. Life is Strange (12/61 - 18%)

3. PAC-Man Championship Edition DX (7/15 - 33%)

4. InFAMOUS First Light (0/25 - 0%)

5. Journey (0/14 - 0%)

Swaps:0/3

Trophies: 49/191

Games Complete: 0/5

8 hours ago, Zvetiki said:

My starting list:

* Song of Memories PS4 (38%)
* Flatland Prologue PS4 (24%)

* The Tower of Beatrice PSV (12%)

* Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns PS3 (5%)

* Tamashii PS4 (1%)

* Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ PSV (0%)

Added. 

I’ll post my own list Monday.