Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

Really enjoyed the Archon Quest, especially the second piece.

Also, that world quest was no joke. I've played entire games shorter than that questline. Finally finished up the trophies tonight(/this morning). It's pretty extensive but very doable.

• Like 2

Managed to get all trophies as well from the new DLC. I must say they are very generous with chests so far in Sumeru. Reached 400 chests with 100% on Avidya Forest, Lokapala Jungle and Ardravi Valley, with Ashavan Realm at 81%. Meaning I haven't touched 3 areas so far and the trophy is already unlocked.

Loving every bit of Sumeru, but now I will focus on the trophy guide before continuing with the exploration.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tothoro said:

@ZOLANTON if you need any help with the trophy guide feel free to hit me up. I've written a few guides for this site and others and my memory's still fresh on Sumeru. Happy to help if I can, but also don't want to create a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation.

I am collaborating with another guide writer and we are all but finished with the guide (just a little checking and we will submit it shortly), I saw your comment a little late ? Τhanks for the offer, I will keep your proposal in mind when the next patch with trophies arrives :)

• Like 1

Hi, anyone want to coop for the Unswerving trophy? Finally done collecting all 131 geoculus yesterday, maybe this Unswerving trophy or the 800 treasures will the next to achieve?

Edit: Unswerving trophy obtained the other day, thanks to random player who helped me after farming?

Edited by ReverzerO-

Can't say much about the Main story since i'm working on it but as far s the Region goes, i'm simply loving it! I didn't have much wait or hype for Sumeru but Boy i'm enjoying it, it looks amazing and it was pretty fun looking around for all the Dendroclus (Still missing 23 locked behind areas releated to Story/side stories progress)!

I'm just gonna leave here in spoiler some of my Screenshots and thoughts aboth them that i got in the last weeks :3

Spoiler

ihdHe5j.jpg

First statue of the Seven in Sumeru!

IQ4SuCE.jpg

Boy she's gorgeous, i didn't ecpect to like her this much in game but i want her even if she's a Niche Sub Dps! 

91iBRQQ.jpg

Sumeru form one of the Highest PoV from the City, it's surpringly Big! And my New team too it's visible, this is my currently Free Roaming and Story team, i finally use Klee :P 

O2V993p.jpg

Got Collei From the Event so happy they gave one to us since i wanted it but not cared for the last banners :3 Currently raising her, Level 50 A3!

g5MH9Vz.jpg

Got Dori from this Banner, 2 of her actually i have her C1, it's not a Character i'm really interested in, still not bad i'll work on her whenever i can i guess (Mostly because ugh those plants to farm) 

PmA14Mw.jpg

Got the best girl once more :3 I "Missed" her on the last Rerun because well, i went for her weapon xD This time i went for her! One was assured being at pity 70 with 50/50 lost before but Another one! Got a second one in 30 Wish! This is the first time i got such a Low pity on the Event banner, never got so low inb more than 1 years, the lowest was 50 once than always 60+, so happy when i saw it and it was even another Kokomi :3

Now my Girls is C4 and boy it's fast attacking and charging her burst it's Amazing! And i got to save a lot of primos too for Nilou (Otherwise i would try more Kokomi), can't wait to have my Team with Nilou Kokomi and Kusunali :wub:

• Like 4

After 2 lost 50/50s, one in 1.2 and one in 2.4, I finally got my Ganyu. She appeared early at 58 draws and winning the 50/50 (finally!). Ever since I saw her character demo I wanted to get her and I thought she'd be my favourite character and main. But the long delay till I got her made Hu Tao take her spot. It may take some time until I build Ganyu for both a freeze and reverse melt team, but now I can rest until Cyno and Nilou are released in 3.1

• Like 4

43946b9b4634ec92ab5177802a82c74e16632980

Took a while to do the "Aranyaka" World Quest but now I can work on getting all the Dendroculus the forest part of Sumeru has floating around and clear the Lost Riches event.

Only have the treasure chest Trophies left but I wait with treasure hunting until I have Dendro Treasure Compass which will take 2 months doing Weekly Bounties and Requests(which I hopefully have unlocked now or after finding all the Dendroculus)

• Like 1

3.1 looks like a great continuation to Sumeru, and some Mondstadt fanservice besides! Very much looking forward to Candace, though it's a shame she's not on Nilou's banner. 3.0 set a new high water mark for Genshin Impact in my opinion, so I'm pretty excited to see where this goes. Here's hoping the anime is the Fate/Garden of Sinners team at ufotable!

• Like 3

I'm gonna post here as there's no point in starting a new thread I think. Anyway, I'm looking for a game that I can pop in and out of, for those "I have nothing to do for an hour" moments. Would Genshin Impact be good for that? Or is it tailored for longer sessions? 

Also, 

1 - are micro transactions optional or will I just hit a wall at some point that says you either pay up or grind for 500 hours? 

2 - I'm planning on playing solo, except the times when trophies require to play in co-op, if there are any. Is it fine solo or should I look for another game? 

3 - a bit technical. If I get the game on another account and play on my main account but decide to spend money after all - I'll have to buy stuff on the account that downloaded the game, not the one on which I'm actually playing? 

2 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

I'm gonna post here as there's no point in starting a new thread I think. Anyway, I'm looking for a game that I can pop in and out of, for those "I have nothing to do for an hour" moments. Would Genshin Impact be good for that? Or is it tailored for longer sessions? 

Also, 

1 - are micro transactions optional or will I just hit a wall at some point that says you either pay up or grind for 500 hours? 

2 - I'm planning on playing solo, except the times when trophies require to play in co-op, if there are any. Is it fine solo or should I look for another game? 

3 - a bit technical. If I get the game on another account and play on my main account but decide to spend money after all - I'll have to buy stuff on the account that downloaded the game, not the one on which I'm actually playing? 

The vast majority of the game is exploration and side quests, so can be played at whatever pace you feel like, and most people play the game at least 30 minutes a day just for the daily challenges and the like. As for the rest:

1 - microtransactions are completely optional, they don't gate exploration or quest progression. Your character progression is designed to happen slowly over a number of days, paying could speed it up a bit but I've never heard of anyone actually wasting their money for it. You get plenty of characters as you play, and unless you were willing to spend thousands on the game you wouldn't benefit much from microtransactions ($50 only gets you 20 pulls, which is two 4* characters and a 12% chance of a 5* character). Just play the game and you'll get more than enough premium currency.

2 - the game is entirely a single player open world RPG, outside of the occasional (optional) multiplayer event. One trophy requires a few minutes of co-op to open a chest.

3 - Genshin Impact automatically creates and registers an account with MiHoYo that's tied to your PSN, which I'm pretty sure can't be deregistered. The game is free to play so the account that downloads it doesn't matter, it's the account that plays the game that is linked to the MiHoYo account, which affects the save they keep in the cloud and you ability to play on multiple devices.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomhannay said:

The vast majority of the game is exploration and side quests, so can be played at whatever pace you feel like, and most people play the game at least 30 minutes a day just for the daily challenges and the like. As for the rest:

1 - microtransactions are completely optional, they don't gate exploration or quest progression. Your character progression is designed to happen slowly over a number of days, paying could speed it up a bit but I've never heard of anyone actually wasting their money for it. You get plenty of characters as you play, and unless you were willing to spend thousands on the game you wouldn't benefit much from microtransactions ($50 only gets you 20 pulls, which is two 4* characters and a 12% chance of a 5* character). Just play the game and you'll get more than enough premium currency.

2 - the game is entirely a single player open world RPG, outside of the occasional (optional) multiplayer event. One trophy requires a few minutes of co-op to open a chest.

3 - Genshin Impact automatically creates and registers an account with MiHoYo that's tied to your PSN, which I'm pretty sure can't be deregistered. The game is free to play so the account that downloads it doesn't matter, it's the account that plays the game that is linked to the MiHoYo account, which affects the save they keep in the cloud and you ability to play on multiple devices.

Thanks! That's informative. I have no idea why I thought about it as an MMO of sorts, probably the f2p aspect got me thinking that. Seems like it's gonna be perfect for me actually, just something to play on now and then and slowly work my way to plat/100%.

3 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Thanks! That's informative. I have no idea why I thought about it as an MMO of sorts, probably the f2p aspect got me thinking that. Seems like it's gonna be perfect for me actually, just something to play on now and then and slowly work my way to plat/100%.

Yeah that's pretty much what I use the game for, something fun and visually impressive to spend an hour a day on as a break from other things. Glad I could help!

• Like 1

It's not possible to fully upgrade the statues or the tree yet because there aren't enough Dendroculus (Dendroculi?)/sigils in the current area of Sumeru. I haven't done absolutely everything in Sumeru, but I did earn all of the currently-available trophies (which requires quite a bit) and my stats are:

• Reputation Level 5 / World Exploration 38% (according to the Sumeru Reputation Board)
  • Statue Level 5 with 15/30 to Level 6
  • Tree Level 20 with 10/35 to Level 21

I am guessing we'll get the standard statue/tree/reputation trophies for Sumeru sooner or later, but I'm not sure how much more is planned for the region. If it's just the desert then they might be added with 3.1, but if there's more coming then it might be later.

1 hour ago, Tothoro said:

It's not possible to fully upgrade the statues or the tree yet because there aren't enough Dendroculus (Dendroculi?)/sigils in the current area of Sumeru. I haven't done absolutely everything in Sumeru, but I did earn all of the currently-available trophies (which requires quite a bit) and my stats are:

• Reputation Level 5 / World Exploration 38% (according to the Sumeru Reputation Board)
  • Statue Level 5 with 15/30 to Level 6
  • Tree Level 20 with 10/35 to Level 21

I am guessing we'll get the standard statue/tree/reputation trophies for Sumeru sooner or later, but I'm not sure how much more is planned for the region. If it's just the desert then they might be added with 3.1, but if there's more coming then it might be later.

I know it's not possible to fully upgrade them yet as I've done everything you can do currently but I was saying I wonder if they'll add trophies for them. When Inazuma first came out they had a trophy for fully upgrading the tree and statues but you couldn't earn those trophies until months later. This time around they didn't do a trophy for them right away making me wonder if they just decided not to at all of if they have another batch coming