Some PS+ Classics will be getting trophies

8 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

In the PlayStation Blog post, they only confirmed the rewind and save state feature for PS1 and PSP games. I believe the only PS2 games they've announced coming to the service so far are the ones that released on PS4 which explains why they wouldn't have these new features. The PS2 classics on PS4 already have trophies, and the subject of this thread confirms trophies for PS1 and I would assume PSP as well lol.

There should be more PS2 games on PS Plus Premium than just what they did on the PS4. 

I'm just incredibly grateful that Ape Escape 1 has a very high likelihood of getting trophy support, but if they really want to impress me, they'd give Toy Story 2 and Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time trophy support, I'd even go as far to say Toy Story Racer and Emperor's New Groove, but at the very least Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time. First party and those big iconic hits are great and all, and I'd certainly imagine we get Tomba and hell, MediEvil II down the line, but it's those niche licensed titles that really show the lengths they're willing to take this that would make an impression on me. Knowing how they handled PS2-to-PS4 though, I don't expect too much from this sadly.

Edited by Potter13579
  • Like 4

Yeah, hopefully they put more effort into this than the PS2 -> PS4 titles last time. A half-hearted effort to address the criticism of lack of backwards compatibility in the PS4 then giving up entirely because the PS4 was selling gangbusters anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

Will Silent Hill 4: The Room and Silent Hill: Homecoming get trophy support?

We'll see. ^_^

EDIT:

Ah, I forgot PS2 games aren't coming :(

What? Yes there are! We're just not getting any new ones day one, that's all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

This is probably a typo. But yeah, Silent Hill 2 has a Platinum, on PS3.

yes it was. I knew of the HD collection. 

3 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Insanely specific question/OCD question, but I wonder if they'll have the cubed trophy art like PS5, or the rectangular trophy art like PS4....hope its like PS5 

Maybe the old icons for ps1 classic games from ps3 days, or just whatever they used on PS1 Classic console. 

49 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

I'm just incredibly grateful that Ape Escape 1 has a very high likelihood of getting trophy support, but if they really want to impress me, they'd give Toy Story 2 and Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time trophy support, I'd even go as far to say Toy Story Racer and Emperor's New Groove, but at the very least Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time. First party and those big iconic hits are great and all, and I'd certainly imagine we get Tomba and hell, MediEvil II down the line, but it's those niche licensed titles that really show the lengths they're willing to take this that would make an impression on me. Knowing how they handled PS2-to-PS4 though, I don't expect too much from this sadly.

Emperors new groove + sheep raider (sheep dog n wolf) and i can die in peace

• Like 1