Some PS+ Classics will be getting trophies

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I've never played Siphon Filter before but seeing that the first trophy "An Explosive Start" is a Silver, it seems to suggest PS1-2 games will be handled like indies, ie: bronze to gold with no platinum (perhaps some games are given many silver and golds to encourage players). This is of course my own speculation. 

it would seem the explosive start trophy is from the first level when u blow up the subway station, so that one is a story related trophy

Edited by FrostWolf-5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

Old games, with shitty controls, no saves, no checkpoints... but now with trophy support... i'm in! 

I did see that Sony said they will be adding some new menus and the ability to save anywhere in some of the classic games.  They didn't say it will be across the board but hopefully some of the more annoying ones will have this option

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tarsier182 said:

I'm hoping for

All the original Tomb Raiders

Rugrats search for Reptar

And most importantly the Gex trilogy, since we will likely never see a remaster.

Hahaha Rugrats, Im waiting for fools to go ahh it will be easy its only a kids game, How quickly they will learn. Followed by Toy Story 2

• Like 2

Unbelievable that Sony didn't bother to mention this before. Even if it's just "some" games. All the other stuff they announced had caveats, the trophy support does as well, I can't believe they didn't say anything at all.

I'm still not subscribing to these higher tiers (or any tiers, currently) and I really don't want to play old games with old controls and old graphics and old quality of life issues. 

• Like 1

It's good news, but I still wanna see more classic titles being offered before I agree to it. There really weren't any iconic PS1 games in the initial offering which is crazy. PS1 is known for FF7-9, MGS, Crash, Spyro, Tomb Raider, and more. I know Sony doesn't own the rights to these, so that may be the real issue here, but I really expect more from the classics section.

That's great to know, and in that case I hope that we can pay for the games outside of the service...

Specially because they mentioned that if we already had bought them in the past, that we would get them for free... if this is true, I will be half cover at least (I have the classic version of  at least Tekken, Tekken 2, Persona 1, Persona 3 Portable, Valkyria Chronicles 2, all PS2 to PS4 JRPGs currently available.. yes, some weren't announced, but I can dream..)

As for Syphon Filter, it always looked like something that I would like to try, but never got the actual game.. a bit like Beyond Good and Evil and Primal, that I only end up experiencing on their re-release on ps3 (Primal is a terrible port...)

I say this, because I think that for me, buying a few selected games will be cheaper than subscribing to the more expensive plan...

Also, since Persona 1-3 had PSP re-releases (most as PSX classics), I will start to take a closer look in this.. those games and Shadow Hearts trilogy would be great (I think that I read that the license for that brand was renewed recently...)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Hahaha Rugrats, Im waiting for fools to go ahh it will be easy its only a kids game, How quickly they will learn. Followed by Toy Story 2

Golf was always my favorite part of it, hated the circus game though,

Lol, and I remember I used to find the goose terrifying as a child.

Oh god I loved Toy story 2, could never do the races.

1 hour ago, Ashbo said:

Old games, with shitty controls, no saves, no checkpoints... but now with trophy support... i'm in! 

According to the PS blog post, the ps classics will be able to be saved whenever you want and even have the abilty to rewind the game for a do-over!

i would love to see trophyies added to the old need for speed games inluding carbon and most wanted, tony hawk games, underground 1 and 2 and american wasteland

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

i would love to see trophyies added to the old need for speed games inluding carbon and most wanted, tony hawk games, underground 1 and 2 and american wasteland

Theyve all had their servers closed and the original 360 release had online achievements on Carbon. MW 2005 is easy to 1K though