PlayStation Classics: Predict and Commit

Rebourne07

Vigilante V8 and Destruction Derby instanly come to my mind when i think about my Ps1. Also Frontschweine (not sure if this also was the international name for the game) and the old command and conquer game(s). 

As fifth i'd go with ff tactics since i always wanted to play it but never got around to

• Like 1

Resident evil 1,2,3 & Survivor

Dino Crisis 1 & 2

Final Fantasy VII comp.(dirge and crisis core)

They are the only musts.

Anything else I enjoyed would be a welcome.

I won't include the FF early games as I want a pixel collection.

More like my top 5 desires than actual predictions. All of them are for PSX.

1) Vagrant Story (pretty sure it will be ported one of these days)

2) LSD: Dream Emulator (99.9% impossible, but one can always dream)

3) Tenchu II (not so sure about this)

4) Jade Cocoon (same as Tenchu)

5) Ghost In The Shell (maybe license problem? also soundtrack is dope)

• Like 1

Just sticking to PS1 for now:

1. Croc

2. Mega Man Legends

3. Bugs Bunny Lost in Time

4. Gex 2

5. Spider-Man (2000)

Since these are all series I'd be happy to do any alternate games instead (or all of them!) if they're released again. 

Edited by MadEdders95

PS1

1) Digimon Digital Card Battle

2) Final Fantasy Tactics

3) Legend of The Dragoon

4) Star Wars Episode 1 Jedi Power Battle

5) Pacman World

PS2

1) Maximo Ghost to Glory

2) Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga

3) Vexx

4) Zapper One Wicked Cricket

5) The Simpsons Hit & Run

PSP

1) Medievil Resurrection

2) Daxter

3) Megaman Powered UP

4) Star Ocean Second Evolution

5) Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

• Like 2

More than anything, I want the PS1 version of Chrono Trigger to make it as part of the Classics collection with trophies. I would buy that in a heartbeat. 

Everything before Final Fantasy VII. They were all old Nintendo games, but seeing any one of those would be awesome. Not exactly part of the PlayStation Classics collection. However, Square along with Capcom and Konami migrated to PS1 after Nintendo stuck with their decision to stick to cartridges. 

Lots of great games between these three companies, that would totally be worth re-releasing in this day and age. 

• 9 months later...
On 5/25/2022 at 7:49 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Ok guys, let’s have some fun. 

Post a list of 5 classics (PS1, PS2, PSP) games that are your top MOST wanted games for the service. Just 5 and don’t list whole series. 

Then, IF a game on your list comes to the service and IF it has trophies…you have to 100%/Platinum it no matter how hard or long it is!

Okay, let me play Russian Roulette. xD

First, the big kahuna, the Elephant in the Room and the one PS2 game that deserves to come to PS5 PS+ Extra...

zis-noscale.jpg?resize=640,360&ssl=1

#1: DISGAEA. F''KING. 2.

This was the game that dragged me wailing into the Disgaea series when I found a battered box of it in my local Blockbusters video rental years ago, and this game is the ONLY one in the Disgaea series which has NOT GOTTEN A DAMN REMAKE. I mean, seriously, DISGAEA 1'S REMAKE GOT IN!!! WHY NOT THIS SH**?? I know Nippon Ichi is busy with Disgaea 7 and its coolness, but this game was the one most Americans started with and the game that even debuted the Carnage difficulty and the Dark World stages, which were the precursor to Disgaea 4's X-Dimension stages! Seriously, why?!?!? At least make the perverted demon frog Tink and my oldest waifu, Yukimaru DLC characters in Disgaea 7! ZAM! ?

And for the love of the Netherworld, make Disgaea 2 Complete+ the Dark Hero Days version with the extra Axel Mode, which is Disgaea 2's Etna Mode. Seriously, Axel has been in almost every Disgaea game as DLC and he was a major character in Disgaea 4, why are you denying his backstory with the Catsaber Pink or his origin story or the fact that he's a Brock character who has tons of sibs and that's why he's dressed like Elvis Presley in his stage moments, because his acting job is to raise money for his family? :(

I know swearing oaths is evil in the eyes of my god, but seriously, if they pull off this miracle, I'd suffer through doing every damn Dark World stage in both modes to get the platinum for this game as it was part of my gaming history. I'd never even care about Disgaea 5 if it hadn't been for this game. ^_^

Wow... I don't know if I can list four other games, but I'll try my hardest... *thinks*

1-Update21_29.png
#2: Azure Dreams

I played this game to 100% completion back in the day and I really enjoyed it. With so many rogue-likes coming out these days that mirror the premise of climbing a tall tower with randomly generated floors, this game would fit right in. And it also introduced the main character being a pimp long before Persona 3. xD

The story is about a boy who has his 15th birthday and celebrates by getting a dragonoid monster with goggles who takes said boy to a tower that is said to be filled with monster eggs, which the boy plans to hatch, raise and sell(since he lives on a monster ranch and his father was doing the same thing before said dad mysterious vanished on an exploration of said tower), but he ends up meeting a lot of cute young girls in town(and a female rival in the tower who has a very overprotective snob brother xD) who he ends up wooing either by accident or by helping them out. (To be fair, the romance is very light, with the only result being that the girls will come give you a wake up call every morning and kiss you on your way out, like Blondie does to Dagwood when he goes to work. :P)

The game's graphics aged pretty decently and the sound and music were pretty good. The difficulty starts easy and gets brutal as the tower is only about ten or so floors high before you fight a tough boss at the top to get the ultimate monster egg... and that's about it, you are free to continue playing after you beat said boss and get the credits.

As I said, with so many roguelikes in the PS4 market, this game would fit right in, and I'd gladly platinum it even if it meant having to get every monster egg. ^_^

bof3_01.jpg
#3: Breath of Fire III

Sadly, I am confident I won't have to eat my words here as Capcom has abandoned this classic RPG series after Dragon Quarter(aka Breath of Fire V) was a total FLOP and nobody has the courage to pick it up again. Which is a shame as the Breath of Fire series is still being played in speedruns. I've played the first four games and completed all of them(except maybe Breath of Fire IV, which I would have added as well but I don't want to pay the piper on that title if it did show up on PS+ because I didn't like that game and the thought of platinuming it would make my skin crawl, sorry :(), so I can say it was an interesting take with the main character being able to transform into dragons and you know me, I love me dragons. ^_^

Since the first two games were Nintendo properties and will probably show up no the Switch Virtual Console sooner or later, I'll cover the third game, which was exclusive to PSX. The art and music were awesome and the first third of the game is spent on the run from two evil unicorn-human sadists who were paid by the corrupt mayor to kill you after you and your bandit buddies decide to rob him blind as a Robin Hood act of charity which backfired because said mayor was too influential. If you think Final Fantasy goes crazy with the recurring character Cid, well, Ryu and Nina(main hero and royal love interest winged girl) are recurrents in this series, showing up in every game as the blue haired half-dragon and winged princess. ^_^ The graphics and music are awesome and combat is seamless and has lots of great strats, especially since Ryu can burn al his magic to fuse dragon genes to become all sorts of powerful dragons.

I loved the mentor system in this game and I think this game deserves a port to PS+ and I can think of a few trophies for it. If this game shows up by some miracle(maybe a petition from fans or someone doing a charity stream to get a Kickstarter for it) I would definitely go for the plat.

And now for something you probably expected...

intro-import.jpg
#4: Chrono Trigger

I have platinumed Chrono Cross, which got a Radical remake(no pun intended). Square-Enix needs to get its head out of Clive's a$$ xD and go the next step, the original CT. This is a timeless classic about time travel and I bet you can't throw a rock and not hit someone who has played this game on the old Super Nintendo. Hell, I completed it and got all of the endings and Chrono Cross is just the sequel with the same multiple endings thing! We need to see Lucca and how she ended up running an orphanage. This game has a PSX remake with anime movies in it, they need to move this to PS4 at least.

And yes, I will platinum this game if it becomes a reality. Maybe not today, maybe not yesterday, but IT WILL BE DONE. ^_^

To end this list, I'll go past 5 and give a sixth game as these two deserve a mention since they already got some remasters on the 3DS and since the 3DS is now shutting down its stores(and I failed to buy the latter game before it became impossible to buy games on the e-Shop now since you can't add money to it anymore)...

3DS_DragonQuestVII_artwork_02-760x380.jp

dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-
#5: Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past

#6: Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Yes, I want them to remaster the remasters of Dragon Warrior VII and Dragon Quest VIII. I have played and completed both of these on the original Playstation consoles and enjoyed the remake of Dragon Quest VII. Heck, I'll delete that Pokemon Sun I downloaded and redownload Dragon Quest VII again(I can always shell out $200 for a physical Pokemon Sun :P) because I didn't finish it before I deleted it.

Since there are so many Dragon Quests and spinoffs on the PS4 and Dragon Quest XI is so popular, they need to give props to the older titles. Geez, Level-5(the guys who made several games like the Dark Cloud series) were responsible for the graphics of Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2!

And yes, if these two get remade... and I want the 3DS remasters because they have some many quality of life features... I'll platinum them. No bones about it.

Yeah, this was a huge post, sorry.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta go with these 3:

1. Digimon World

2. Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories

3. Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses

The next person who posts can have my other two ?. Also it's great to see all the love for Digimon World and Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories in this thread

• Like 1

1) Legend of Legaia

2) Megaman Legends

3) Final Fantasy Tactics

4) Lunar 

5) Azure Dreams

I would go absolutely bonkers for any of these... Sony... please bruh... I've been loyal. I never once dallied with the evil green box and had only minor dalliances with strange plumber and boy in green tights ?